ADVERTISEMENT

Penix Jr out rest of the year

Northwestern's run of good luck continues. Now I am sure Minnesota will have to cancel this weeks game to let them clinch the B1G West title. Then Ohio St. will become ineligible for the B1G Championship game being replaced by Indiana thus handing NW the title.

Northwestern's run of good luck continues. Now I am sure Minnesota will have to cancel this weeks game to let them clinch the B1G West title. Then Ohio St. will become ineligible for the B1G Championship game being replaced by Indiana thus handing NW the title.
And if we beat Wisconsin, we get OSU in the last game?

It’s expected to happen per Rittenberg.

Definitely a blow to lose your starting QB, although the backup actually played better last week. I bet on IU -11.5, and when Penix went down I basically chalked it up as a loss. Instead, Tuttle comes in and goes 5-5 for 6.2 YPA compared to Penix 6-19 for 4.4 YPA, and the Hoosiers cover.
Short term = fine. Long term = not fine.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if we win out, I would like to face OSU. I would like to see how we measure up.

Winning out is obviously not a given.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if we win out, I would like to face OSU. I would like to see how we measure up.

Winning out is obviously not a given.

So many unknowns in this scenario. If the CFP committee says that they will still consider OSU even though they aren't playing in the Big 10 title game, then it could get ugly as OSU would be motivated to score as many points as possible. If they are dropped from consideration, then I would guess Fields and many others will shut it down and not play.

Northwestern won’t beat Indiana. We would still have the better QB and team.

Definitely a blow to lose your starting QB, although the backup actually played better last week. I bet on IU -11.5, and when Penix went down I basically chalked it up as a loss. Instead, Tuttle comes in and goes 5-5 for 6.2 YPA compared to Penix 6-19 for 4.4 YPA, and the Hoosiers cover.
Tuttle was a top 5 pro style qb(Rivals rating) when he signed with Utah..That was quite awhile ago,though(2016 class)..

Maybe, I don't know, but maybe IU actually prepares backup QBs for playing in games. After all, most people know that the backup is only one play away from being the starter. And when I say "most people," of course I do not include Mr. KF.

When Stanzi got hurt, Vandenberg was absolutely, totally unprepared to step in, and it cost Iowa a game and (again), a shot at the Big Ten title.

Getting backup QBs ready to play should be a top priority. In most places, maybe IU, it is. But not so much in Iowa City the last 22 years.

Reactions: RomanHawk
Maybe, I don't know, but maybe IU actually prepares backup QBs for playing in games. After all, most people know that the backup is only one play away from being the starter. And when I say "most people," of course I do not include Mr. KF.

When Stanzi got hurt, Vandenberg was absolutely, totally unprepared to step in, and it cost Iowa a game and (again), a shot at the Big Ten title.

Getting backup QBs ready to play should be a top priority. In most places, maybe IU, it is. But not so much in Iowa City the last 22 years.

Then again, maybe a sheep like you is dumb enough to imagine the Iowa QB coach isn't preparing the backups to play?

Why? How stupid of a comment towards Aristotle? Don’t get it always have to go for the throat on things you don’t agree with? Lighten up Francis

Yeah, I mean who does't expect o read a barrage of unsbstantiated attacks against Iowa athletic coaches on a website dedicated to Iowa athletics, right?

You are well aware of the limited hours allowed during the week for practice, right?

I guess what I don't understand is as much as you hate the coaches and literally EVERYTHING to do with Iowa athletics, WHY are you here? Why in gods name do you put yourself through the agony........ :confused:

ADVERTISEMENT