ADVERTISEMENT

Penn Swimmer who Competed as Male for 3 Seasons Now Dominating Women’s Swimming

a-little-cover-up-on-vour-adams-apple-will-make-it-36127506.png

So your saying the only reason she became transgendered for athletic and swimming purposes? Good to know since you think that was the narcistic reason she chose this. This will affect 1 year of college athletic competitions in which she competes.
Unless s(he?) breaks a record?

I stated it is extremely extremely rare. I am aware of 6 occurrences since 2014 in High School and College Athletics. Did your daughter ever run against a transgender individual? Again why all the fear over something that most of us will never encounter, and what difference is it than a female like Brittney Griner. We all have gone against someone who is more talented than we are. I understand the slight concern, but I also think they have a right to compete. Eh . . . what do I know.
Because it seems to be getting more and more common, thus it starts to effect more and more people.

My point is that people tend not to care or think much about it until its their own child that dedicates 1000's of hours to a sport and then gets beat by someone who is transgender. Transgender women have the advantage of gaining muscle mass from years of being a post-pubescent male, even though their current hormone levels may reflect a woman.
I am guessing this does not apply to anyone on this message board.

Is it though? Is anyone here know a single trans individual, then does anyone know an elite athlete that is a trans athlete?
I certainly never heard of it until the last couple years. Can you cite some specific examples from the 70's, 80's, 90's or even pre 2010? Seems to me it's happening more if you can't provide instances from even 12 years ago.

It never stays random. How would you feel if your daughter lost to a man? So much for title 9.
My daughter was on her high school swim team. She was average in talent, so therefore, she lost to plenty of other female swimmers. Even if she had been very good, and lost to a transgender swimmer, I would hope that she (and I) would be mature enough to not be upset about it. If she were swimming in the Olympics and got beat out for a medal, I would probably feel differently.

Reactions: CaboKP
Hell, it obviously doesn't matter if these trans athletes are dominating State Meets - although they certainly have. If a trans athlete is battling a "regular" (lol) female athlete for last place in a regular season dual, that's not fair.
Give an example where last place has been the result.

Weird thing....we don't hear anything at all on the other direction when a girl transitions to being a male now do we? Are they not interested in sports and not going out? We don't here people complaining about it. Are all these bigots only bigots when it is male to female or is there maybe something nelse at play here?

My daughter was on her high school swim team. She was average in talent, so therefore, she lost to plenty of other female swimmers. Even if she had been very good, and lost to a transgender swimmer, I would hope that she (and I) would be mature enough to not be upset about it. If she were swimming in the Olympics and got beat out for a medal, I would probably feel differently.
Did you ever consider having her join the boys team?

Give an example where last place has been the result.

Weird thing....we don't hear anything at all on the other direction when a girl transitions to being a male now do we? Are they not interested in sports and not going out? We don't here people complaining about it. Are all these bigots only bigots when it is male to female or is there maybe something nelse at play here?
Yeah something else is at play. Its called biology. Males are (typically) faster and stronger.

What if she missed the cut for varsity? Or had to swim a different event and was now only on relays? People act like the less talented girls don't lose out as well. Good for you two of it still wouldn't bother you but can you see how it might bother others?

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
That and bigotry isn't the driving force behind the objections. Calling people transphobic and bigots to silence dissent is the playbook and unfortunately it often works
Sure there are a few idiots that are transphobic etc....But most people are rational and are totally fine with what people do with their own bodies if it doesn't affect others. In this case it affects others.

It just doesn't make sense as a rule.

Like, if you had enough people doing this, it would ruin women's sports.

And so we get the argument... "well, not many people are doing it."

Ok? But would you argue the same for any other unfair advantage? Do we not care about doping when not many people are doing it? Or when the people that do aren't always winning? Of course not.

The other part that doesn't make sense is that people profess to be fine with a rule that doesn't make sense because it aligns with, ostensibly, their political interests. (not that we don't see daily evidence of this one all over this message board)

I knew of two middle age adults in Sioux City back in the 90’s. I am not aware of any currently in my area. I am in rural Iowa, but we seem to be making this a bigger issue than what it is.

I knew of two middle age adults in Sioux City back in the 90’s. I am not aware of any currently in my area. I am in rural Iowa, but we seem to be making this a bigger issue than what it is.
What high school or college or other sport were they competing in?

It just doesn't make sense as a rule.

Like, if you had enough people doing this, it would ruin women's sports.

And so we get the argument... "well, not many people are doing it."

Ok? But would you argue the same for any other unfair advantage? Do we not care about doping when not many people are doing it? Or when the people that do aren't always winning? Of course not.

The other part that doesn't make sense is that people profess to be fine with a rule that doesn't make sense because it aligns with, ostensibly, their political interests. (not that we don't see daily evidence of this one all over this message board)
The issue is after a year the strength should be similar, bone structure however is different. I guess I think these individuals should be allowed to compete, so your solution then is to have them be disadvantage, play in a sport then that they are no longer the same sex. So there was a female wrestler that was transition and she wanted to wrestle men but was forced to wrestle girls. It’s a complex issue and I can recognize it at the same time no one has given a reasonable solution to the problem. ths has just become a Republican hot button issue which is rather inconsequential to me.

Fyi my sons baseball team plays 11 year old girls on an opposing team for little league. 7-10 year league. They were a foot taller, had beautiful swings and could play a great first base. Was it a disadvantage to the boys, yeah they lost 2 games to them. Honestly do I see it as a issue no. Without those 2 players that town would have only had 1 team with 17 players. It’s all a give and take.

The issue is after a year the strength should be similar, bone structure however is different. I guess I think these individuals should be allowed to compete, so your solution then is to have them be disadvantage, play in a sport then that they are no longer the same sex. So there was a female wrestler that was transition and she wanted to wrestle men but was forced to wrestle girls. It’s a complex issue and I can recognize it at the same time no one has given a reasonable solution to the problem. ths has just become a Republican hot button issue which is rather inconsequential to me.
So no Democratic parent of a girl would create a “hot button”?

Reactions: SIXERS24
"her time in the 200 free ranks her 9th in the NCAA so far this season."
Dude, I have no dog in this fight, but 9th in the ncaa is pretty fukin badass and will put someone on an olympic team.

Swim times are not to be fukt with.

South America, Africa, Oceana, Baltic say wtf?

Last edited:
What if she missed the cut for varsity? Or had to swim a different event and was now only on relays? People act like the less talented girls don't lose out as well. Good for you two of it still wouldn't bother you but can you see how it might bother others?
If she missed the cut for varsity, then she would swim on the jr. varsity until she got better (this wasn't the case for my daughter because everyone who came out for the team made it). Yes, you are right, there are plenty of folks out there who would be bothered by this, and a lot of other insignificant issues.

What do you tell your son or daughter when they lose to a superior athlete, do you look for an excuse or a loophole, or do you build them up. FYI, I would use it as iron sharpens iron situation -put it as a carrot to push my Child to perform better. Use it as a talking point about equality and how we should all have an opportunity to compete. There is no participation trophies lay it on the line and give it your best.

My son lost to a girl in baseball so what.
Your pre pubescent boys team lost to girls team that has already begun maturing. You are right so what? What do you think will happen in 5 years if they play again? Let me help you. The women's national soccer team, you know the ladies usually considered the best women's soccer team in the world with Megan Rapinoe etc.. lost to a team of select 15 year old boys in Dallas.

What do you tell your son or daughter when they lose to a superior athlete, do you look for an excuse or a loophole, or do you build them up. FYI, I would use it as iron sharpens iron situation -put it as a carrot to push my Child to perform better. Use it as a talking point about equality and how we should all have an opportunity to compete. There is no participation trophies lay it on the line and give it your best.
So you think girls/women's sports should be eliminated and we will just have sports then. The best play regardless of gender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT