ADVERTISEMENT

Penn Swimmer who Competed as Male for 3 Seasons Now Dominating Women’s Swimming

“We [her teammates] fully support Lia Thomas in her decision to affirm her gender identity and to transition from a man to a woman. Lia has every right to live her life authentically,” the letter, obtained by the Washington Post, read. “However, we also recognize that when it comes to sports competition, that the biology of sex is a separate issue from someone’s gender identity. Biologically, Lia holds an unfair advantage over competition in the women’s category, as evidenced by her rankings that have bounced from #462 as a male to #1 as a female."

Reactions: h-hawk
Gotcha. Kind of destroys the argument of the whiners about the other dude/gal, eh?
FK_BJoXWYAEvDD1

WOnder how many golds we could wn if he we found a bunch of cheetahs and conditioned them to identify as humans.

Reactions: goldmom
As the father of two former female high school athletes (including a no pic swimmer) I fail to see why we don’t just have specific events for trans athletes. In Swimming especially it would be be very straightforward to have specific trans events during the women’s meets. It would add <10 mins to any meet and is really no different than how they handle other special circumstances today. The trans athletes can race against time expectations set specifically for trans athletes.

For example, one of the HS teams my daughter swam against had a blind girl who always swam in a specific solo event during the meets because she needed it quiet to hear a coach call out the flip turns.

(And no I am not trying to say that being trans is a disability…just trying to point out we have already accepted special circumstances to allow for inclusive competition).

Reactions: abby97 and h-hawk
As the father of two former female high school athletes (including a no pic swimmer) I fail to see why we don’t just have specific events for trans athletes. In Swimming especially it would be be very straightforward to have specific trans events during the women’s meets. It would add <10 mins to any meet and is really no different than how they handle other special circumstances today. The trans athletes can race against time expectations set specifically for trans athletes.

For example, one of the HS teams my daughter swam against had a blind girl who always swam in a specific solo event during the meets because she needed it quiet to hear a coach call out the flip turns.

(And no I am not trying to say that being trans is a disability…just trying to point out we have already accepted special circumstances to allow for inclusive competition).
Because they make up .3% of the population and I’m guessing way less than that of the swimming population.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Because they make up .3% of the population and I’m guessing way less than that of the swimming population.
Well exactly. Like my blind girl example it is such a rare circumstance to have a meet with a trans athlete that it should be no big deal to allow them a special category. This would accommodate the fact that they may have way more or less testosterone than their biological gender would suggest. For individual sports this is a simple way to be inclusive without creating competitive issues.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Well exactly. Like my blind girl example it is such a rare circumstance to have a meet with a trans athlete that it should be no big deal to allow them a special category. This would accommodate the fact that they may have way more or less testosterone than their biological gender would suggest. For individual sports this is a simple way to be inclusive without creating competitive issues.
Gotcha. I think in the trans worldview that is the opposite of inclusive. If you take any stance other then “anyone who claims to be female is in fact female, and therefore deserves all of the privileges of being female”….you’re gonna have a bad day.

Why is everyone upset about this? I have two boys so this will not do anything to determine their future. I am sorry if you have girls but I don’t care. You already have title 9 so deal with it. Girls are really bad at sports anyways. Who cares if a couple dudes who can’t compete with dudes decide to compete with girls. It is t like those girls were going to succeed anyways. Sheesh. Open your minds you mouth breathers.

• Haha
Reactions: Bro D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT