ADVERTISEMENT

Penn Swimmer who Competed as Male for 3 Seasons Now Dominating Women’s Swimming

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
What a coincidence! Must have been practicing extra hard.

A University of Pennsylvania women’s swimmer named Lia Thomas, who used to go by Will as a member of the men’s swimming team, is smashing records and has many wondering if Olympic superstar Katie Ledecky will be soon losing races to a transgender competitor.

At a November 20 tri-meet with Cornell and Princeton, Lia Thomas “blasted the No. 1 200 free time and the second-fastest 500 free time in the nation, breaking Penn program records in both events. She swept the 100-200-500 free individual events and contributed to the first-place 400 free relay,” according to SwimSwam.com, a website dedicated to collegiate swimming.

Will Thomas, a native of Austin, Texas, competed for the Penn men’s swimming team for three seasons before taking off the pandemic year. During the 2018-19 season, Will was second-team All-Ivy League in the 500 freestyle, 1,000 free and 1,650 free. In 2019-20, Thomas competed in four of Penn’s eight regular-season events. According to the Penn swimming archives, Will Thomas last competed for the men’s team on November 16, 2019.

“Being trans has not affected my ability to do this sport and being able to continue is very rewarding,” Thomas told the campus student newspaper in June.

Lia-Thomas-Penn-Transgender-swimmer-breaks-records.jpg

Well, if its allowed and applauded in one place it wont be long before its your kid/grandkid thats getting a basketball smashed into their face by a 6-5 230 lb transgender woman, in HS.
Fear monger much . . . very very few high school athletes will have gone through the therapy or surgery. I think this year posters have posted 3-4 outliers across the world . . . so what. It won't be your middle school child or high school child being affected. It will potentially be college athletics and professional sports. Like this athlete at a very small college for 1 year of college.

Well, if its allowed and applauded in one place it wont be long before its your kid/grandkid thats getting a basketball smashed into their face by a 6-5 230 lb transgender woman, in HS.
It is a stupid response he had anyway. He could use the same argument about many causes he agrees with here but that wouldn't fit his narrative.

So she could continue to compete on the men's team, but presumably that wouldn't be fair to her, taking hormone suppression therapy.

Instead she chooses to be unfair to every swimmer she competes with as a member of the women's team.

Yeah, narcissistic is a good descriptor.
So your saying the only reason she became transgendered for athletic and swimming purposes? Good to know since you think that was the narcistic reason she chose this. This will affect 1 year of college athletic competitions in which she competes.

Reactions: Rudolph
So your saying the only reason she became transgendered for athletic and swimming purposes? Good to know since you think that was the narcistic reason she chose this. This will affect 1 year of college athletic competitions in which she competes.
I have no idea why she chose to become transgendered. But having done so she still had to choose which team she was going to try and compete on.

Reactions: SIXERS24
While its a complex topic, not sure I'm in favor of transgender athletes competing in other than their physical birth sex. I'm sure I committed lots of faux pas in that sentence...

Shouldn't be, you're right.

What you're saying won't happen already happened several years ago:

So 1 school district in the United states for 1-2 years were affected. Would you say that is .0000000001 chance then that your child could be affected by this? Wow Its like 1,000,000 times less likely than a child dying from Covid. Yeah I stand by my comment.

Fear monger much . . . very very few high school athletes will have gone through the therapy or surgery. I think this year posters have posted 3-4 outliers across the world . . . so what. It won't be your middle school child or high school child being affected. It will potentially be college athletics and professional sports. Like this athlete at a very small college for 1 year of college.
My point is that people tend not to care or think much about it until its their own child that dedicates 1000's of hours to a sport and then gets beat by someone who is transgender. Transgender women have the advantage of gaining muscle mass from years of being a post-pubescent male, even though their current hormone levels may reflect a woman.

So 1 school district in the United states for 1-2 years were affected. Would you say that is .0000000001 chance then that your child could be affected by this? Wow Its like 1,000,000 times less likely than a child dying from Covid. Yeah I stand by my comment.
So you're willing take the bet I can't find a second?
Or will we move the goal posts again?

Getting Covid is a stupid comparison. And these usually affect every school district in the state it happens in since most of these boys competing as girls end up in the state finals.

Why does it matter to you?
It’s a message board, you fvcking idiot. This is a repeated topic with lots of interest from lots of people. Just because you’re ok with people inventing sciency stuff to justify their social needs, doesn’t mean others might think it’s ok to go down that path.

Im guessing you have no opinion on Roe being overturned, either, seeing you can’t have an abortion. So damned cool.

Getting Covid is a stupid comparison. And these usually affect every school district in the state it happens in since most of these boys competing as girls end up in the state finals.
Tell me the last time and what sport this occurred in Iowa?

Tell me the last time and what sport this occurred in Iowa?
Whats that matter? It happens elsewhere and my opinion is it's wrong. I bet the vast majority of people with daughters agree with this. My daughter worked hard and earned a women's track scholarship. It wasn't to run against men and she shouldn't have to run against someone that was born as a male. It simply isn't fair.

Whats that matter? It happens elsewhere and my opinion is it's wrong. I bet the vast majority of people with daughters agree with this. My daughter worked hard and earned a women's track scholarship. It wasn't to run against men and she shouldn't have to run against someone that was born as a male. It simply isn't fair.
I stated it is extremely extremely rare. I am aware of 6 occurrences since 2014 in High School and College Athletics. Did your daughter ever run against a transgender individual? Again why all the fear over something that most of us will never encounter, and what difference is it than a female like Brittney Griner. We all have gone against someone who is more talented than we are. I understand the slight concern, but I also think they have a right to compete. Eh . . . what do I know.

Is Iowa like the gold standard of things that matter?
He said it happens in ever school district and championship every year. If it is occurring in every district it obviously must be occurring in Iowa. Read the thread and you will get it.

He said it happens in ever school district and championship every year. If it is occurring in every district it obviously must be occurring in Iowa. Read the thread and you will get it.
Why does something need to be widespread for it to be newsworthy? Or supported? Or prevented from happening more often?

You guys really hate when shit like this is brought to light, don’t you? I mean…Who gives a shit if someone gives a shit?

I stated it is extremely extremely rare. I am aware of 6 occurrences since 2014 in High School and College Athletics. Did your daughter ever run against a transgender individual? Again why all the fear over something that most of us will never encounter, and what difference is it than a female like Brittney Griner. We all have gone against someone who is more talented than we are. I understand the slight concern, but I also think they have a right to compete. Eh . . . what do I know.
Why are you against all women being treated fairly instead of only most of them?

Hell, it obviously doesn't matter if these trans athletes are dominating State Meets - although they certainly have. If a trans athlete is battling a "regular" (lol) female athlete for last place in a regular season dual, that's not fair.

Technically speaking, so are school shootings, but hey if it doesn't happen in Iowa we shouldn't worry about Iowa schools?

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT