ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsylvania Democratic Candidate Attacked Outside Home (Beaten and Knocked Unconscious)

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006

Assembly candidate Richard Ringer says he was injured in an attack at his home that may have been politically motivated. WPXI's Melanie Gillespie reports.

A Democratic Candidate Was Beaten and Knocked Unconscious at His Home​

A Democrat running for a state House seat in Pennsylvania says he was attacked and knocked unconscious at his home early Monday morning, and that he believes he's being targeted with election-related harassment.
Richard Ringer, 69, is running for a swing seat in Fayette County, about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh on the border with both Maryland and West Virginia. On Monday morning, Ringer called 911 for the third time in a month—this time to report that a man had assaulted him at his home.
The alleged attack on Ringer comes as officials are on alert about election-related threats and violence. In recent weeks, extremism watchdogs have warned of an uptick of violent rhetoric in far-right circles, as an enormous number of Republican candidates, led by former President Donald Trump, have continuously touted lies about election fraud in 2020.
Click to shrink...

On Monday morning, Ringer says, he woke up around 5 a.m., heard someone attempting to open his garage door, and saw a flashlight in his yard.
"I said, 'I'm tired of this crap,'" Ringer told VICE News.
Ringer said a man was in his driveway with his back turned to him, so Ringer tackled him, and "as a result, we end up on the ground." The man was larger, however, and Ringer said he was hit in the head "about 10 times."
"He knocked me out, so I have no idea who the hell he was," Ringer told VICE News.
A spokesperson for the Pennsylvania State Police told VICE News in an email that when state troopers arrived, "Ringer had bruises and other minor injuries to various parts of his body." The investigation is ongoing, but there are no suspects or leads, the spokesperson said.

I can't make out what the grafatti says. "Your me Amway debt" is my best guess.

I can't make out what the grafatti says. "Your me Amway debt" is my best guess.

your
race
(and?) way
DEAD
image.png

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT