ADVERTISEMENT

Pentagon Furious Over Looming Vax Mandate Repeal

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
The Washington Post reports:

The looming reversal — spurred by Republicans who had threatened to block passage of the $858 billion spending bill if the mandate wasn’t struck down — creates a rat’s nest for the Pentagon.
Commanders whose job it was to enforce the mandate will face the onerous task of assessing whether — and how — to allow back into uniform those already separated from the military for refusing to follow orders.
Managing overseas deployments, especially in countries that require visitors to be vaccinated, will create burdensome logistical headaches as well, officials said. One senior defense official said that when service members “inevitability get sick, and if they should die, it will be on the Republicans who insisted upon this.”
Read the full article. The repeal is attached to the annual defense spending bill, making a veto by Biden unlikely.

They should be mad….what’s next, maybe the democrats can pass some legislation to outlaw the fitness requirements of the military? They’re damaging the self image of people who are unfit but want to serve…

Army approves reduced physical fitness standards for women, older soldiers​

Service leaders hoped the newer test — the first such change in more than 40 years — would better replicate tasks needed for combat while reducing the risk of injuries.

But the new fitness curriculum was quickly criticized after it became clear women, older male soldiers and National Guard and Reserve troops had difficulty passing it.

About 44 percent of women failed the test from October 2020 to April 2021, compared to about 7 percent of men, Military.com found at the time.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...l-fitness-standards-for-women-older-soldiers/

Army approves reduced physical fitness standards for women, older soldiers​

Service leaders hoped the newer test — the first such change in more than 40 years — would better replicate tasks needed for combat while reducing the risk of injuries.

But the new fitness curriculum was quickly criticized after it became clear women, older male soldiers and National Guard and Reserve troops had difficulty passing it.

About 44 percent of women failed the test from October 2020 to April 2021, compared to about 7 percent of men, Military.com found at the time.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...l-fitness-standards-for-women-older-soldiers/
Lol, how wasn’t that the leading story on Fox News for months? I can’t believe I missed that one!!

Zomg the military is going to fall apart if recruits don’t get vaccinated for a virus they’re going to get anyway.
So you are ok with Congress dictating operational decisions to the military?

Maybe they can pass a law that requires military orders to be voted on by the platoon when received….if the majority agrees then they can execute. After all we are a democracy…

Maybe they can pass a law that requires military orders to be voted on by the platoon when received….if the majority agrees then they can execute. After all we are a democracy…

Per the constitution congress has these powers so….yes.

Reactions: ICHerky
Politics > Science
Really? Is a member of the military more likely to have a severe reaction to the vaccine or the virus? Does an mRNA vaccine stop infection or spread?

On second thought, even though you are being sarcastic, you are right, if you are talking about this bill. Politics drove the mandate, and now politics is fixing it.

They got the defense spending bill…the GOP has been holding the gov hostage to get what they want for at least a decade now.

Edit: I do agree, congress should have no input in the operational decisions of our military.
Even if they are bad operational decisions

Really? Is a member of the military more likely to have a severe reaction to the vaccine or the virus?
The virus

This has been explained to you over and over. With citations

IF the vaccines would actually lower military preparedness, the Pentagon WOULD NOT require them.
Additionally, EVEN IF vaccines were a "push" on biological reactions/adverse events from soldiers, with VACCINE PLANNING you can PLAN for those issues; you CANNOT plan for outbreaks in groups of unvaccinated soldiers.

Use Your Fricking Brain Here If You Have One

lol.
That's exactly what happened when politics mandated the vaccine for the military.
But, you're only getting upset about it, when it's to lift a political mandate...

Biden - 'I'm mandating the vaccine for all large employers'.
HawkRCID - 'That's great!'
Congress - 'We're removing the vaccine mandate'
HawkRCID -'They should keep politics out of this!'

"In a statement on Tuesday night, Mr. McCarthy said he had made a personal appeal to Mr. Biden at the White House last week to lift the mandate, and called the move “a victory for our military and for common sense.” And he urged the Biden administration to go further, and re-enlist service members who had been discharged for refusing to take the vaccine."

“I was a very strong supporter of the vaccine mandate when we did it,” Representative Adam Smith, Democrat of Washington and the chairman of the Armed Services Committee, told Politico, adding, “But at this point in time, does it make sense to have that policy from August 2021?”

Biden administration officials have said they opposed a repeal."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/06/us/politics/vaccine-mandate-defense-bill.html

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole

It's actually the opposite, Republicans are standing up for members of the military to choose.

I understand why the Dems would accept. The vaccine mandate isn't a strong leg to stand on given the science, particularly considering the impacted demographic in this case.

Would be different if it was the national over 55 pickleball team.

The virus

This has been explained to you over and over. With citations

IF the vaccines would actually lower military preparedness, the Pentagon WOULD NOT require them.
Additionally, EVEN IF vaccines were a "push" on biological reactions/adverse events from soldiers, with VACCINE PLANNING you can PLAN for those issues; you CANNOT plan for outbreaks in groups of unvaccinated soldiers.

Use Your Fricking Brain Here If You Have One
Arguing with a right winger is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

This is completely asinine! The Congress is now telling the DOD how to operationally run the military - totally nuts! What a bunch of clueless wimps this current congress is. I got drafted into the Army in 1965 and was given a battery of shots for every disease imaginable - no choice and no questions asked period. Looking back, my only regret is that I didn't try the "bone spur" caper and avoid the draft entirely.

I don’t get how this is hard to understand…it was cited as a force preparedness issue…which makes sense….just like ALL THE OTHER vaccines the US military requires, some even more than normal citizens.
The mRNA vaccines aren't like ALL THE OTHER vaccines. Once you accept that, you'll understand why the mandate no longer makes sense.

The mRNA vaccines aren't like ALL THE OTHER vaccines. Once you accept that, you'll understand why the mandate no longer makes sense.
FUNFACT: There are NON-mRNA Covid vaccines now available for military members to take.

It's actually the opposite, Republicans are standing up for members of the military to choose.

I understand why the Dems would accept. The vaccine mandate isn't a strong leg to stand on given the science, particularly considering the impacted demographic in this case.

Would be different if it was the national over 55 pickleball team.
LOL.

You don't choose in the military; you do what you're told to do.

So I guess right wingers are pro choice when it comes to following command orders.

Seems consistent.

Answer the question, if you know the answer.
1. Its difficult to find.
2. What I did find indicates 27 per 1,000,000 people of all ages die from the shots. 4 per million TTS ages 18-24. About 50 myocarditis all ages. I'm assuming any deaths by these 3 severe adverse reactions would be in the 27 per million that die.
3. In the age range 20-29 looks like 72 people die from Covid. 630 have a "critical disease". 4,700 have a "severe disease".

Fun Fact. COVID isn't much of a problem for military aged troops

It is MORE of a problem than the vaccines are.

As ALREADY noted for you, vaccines allow the military to PLAN for % of individuals who may have adverse events. The virus DOES NOT allow for that planning, as it will infect unvaccinated individuals "whenever", and those individuals will be MORE LIKELY to be incapacitated.

Half of the US soldiers who died overseas in WW1 died of the flu, yet the Military Industrial Complex staggered through and managed to survive, if barely. :rolleyes:

Imagine believing that not forcing healthy young soldiers to receive a relatively ineffective vaccine schedule is going to devastate our military.

Wait a second, all the woke bs is that is embarrassing our country's military, and you get upset over something that has next to zero impact on our military? That's craziness.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT