ADVERTISEMENT

People who didn’t vote for Trump: Who did you vote for?

People who didn’t vote for Trump: Who did you vote for?

• I am a dem: Hillary and Biden of course

• Didn’t vote at all

• Reluctantly voted for Hillary and Biden

• Reluctantly voted for Hillary didn’t vote in other election

• Reluctantly voted for Biden and didn’t vote in other election

• Voted for 3rd party candidate both times

• Voted 3rd party once, didn’t vote the other

• Voted 3rd party once and once for Hillary

• Voted 3rd party once and once for Biden

• I am not a dem: voted for Hillary and Biden both times

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
You are seeing this more and more, I never voted for Trump..This doesn’t matter at all if you didn’t vote or threw your vote away to a third party candidate.

You may not like it but that’s the system we live in. It may be broken but if you don’t like the direction the country is headed, vote for the Dems or don’t complain.

You are seeing this more and more, I never voted for Trump..This doesn’t matter at all if you didn’t vote or threw your vote away to a third party candidate.

You may not like it but that’s the system we live in. It may be broken but if you don’t like the direction the country is headed, vote for the Dems or don’t complain.
Certain states it was a foregone conclusion so voting for a third party didn’t affect the electoral votes.

Reactions: PhoenixHawk5.0
I will likely be voting third party for the first time ever in 24; these parties are both awful, one just less than the other but that can't keep me voting blue forever.

Reactions: Chuck C
Certain states it was a foregone conclusion so voting for a third party didn’t affect the electoral votes.
This is a terrible way to look at things unless you are a Republican in California. Even then I would argue against it.

Only 55% of the country that can vote does. That is pathetic. People need to get off this attitude that their vote doesn’t matter, the system is broken, and not do anything about it.

That attitude you just described makes me more unlikely to vote.

But I do intend to complain.

And to answer your question - I voted for Kodos

I will likely be voting third party for the first time ever in 24; these parties are both awful, one just less than the other but that can't keep me voting blue forever.
It will be Tucker Carlson against Jon Stewart (or Stephen Colbert).

Or maybe Sean Hannity vs Rachel Maddow.

That attitude you just described makes me more unlikely to vote.

But I do intend to complain.

And to answer your question - I voted for Kodos
Complain, do nothing, and be an idiot internet troll then, like so many others. You are the problem with society.

Reactions: littlez
This is a terrible way to look at things unless you are a Republican in California. Even then I would argue against it.

Only 55% of the country that can vote does. That is pathetic. People need to get off this attitude that their vote doesn’t matter, the system is broken, and not do anything about it.
I often vote 3rd party in the desperate hope that the Dems will notice what they need to improve on.

Would I do that if I lived in a tossup state? Maybe not.

I voted for Biden in 2020. He was my 6th choice in the Dem primaries. So it's not that I'm unwilling to be flexible.

But Biden was at least acceptable. Which is where I draw the line.

Not sure I understand. I wish more people voted. I always vote and voted in 2016. If I thought the outcome was in doubt in my state I would’ve voted for Clinton. As it wasn't, I felt free to vote for a third party candidate.

2020 was a different story and I wanted to vote against Trump, so I did.

Complain, do nothing, and be an idiot internet troll then, like so many others. You are the problem with society.

Yeah, people that make Simpsons jokes on the internet are the problem.

When I start believing my vote is somehow standing between good and evil I will just move… which is something we’ve talked about, but it’s a huge pain in the ass

Reactions: VodkaSam

I'm always curious what these kind of people think will change with their edgy 3rd party votes? Lobbyists and corporations own this country. Put a D, R, F, LMNOP, etc, whatever you want behind their name, and the more things change the more they stay the same.

I hate to say it but try to get your slice of the pie the best you can and hope for the best. You, I, and 90% of everyone else are pretty irrelevant.

I’m not going to participate in a broken system, that’s me doing something about it. I’m just waiting for everyone else to smarten up and join my way of thinking. If by some miracle there is ever an actual qualified individual running for president, I may consider voting, but probably wouldn’t. I came close last election, but just couldn’t vote for Biden. Too many people vote with their emotions and far too few vote with their brains. How do you suggest we fix what is clearly broken? By doing the same thing over and over? Do you ever expect a different outcome? Seems a little insane to me.

I'm always curious what these kind of people think will change with their edgy 3rd party votes? Lobbyists and corporations own this country. Put a D, R, F, LMNOP, etc, whatever you want behind their name, and the more things change the more they stay the same.

I hate to say it but try to get your slice of the pie the best you can and hope for the best. You, I, and 90% of everyone else are pretty irrelevant.
My hope in voting for Johnson in 2016 was that he would reach the 5% threshold at which public funding for the next campaign kicks in. Call that a wasted vote if you want to, but it was my vote to waste.

I voted in other races, but did not vote for President.

People not voting is totally legitimate and is a vote in itself. They don't need to be shamed, let alone the compulsory voting that is sometimes suggested.

The huge amount of people that don't vote is the only hope to break out of this paradigm of "yeah, we can be shitty and outside the mainstream, because we can portray the other team as a little more outside the mainstream."

I hardly think record turnout the last two elections has resulted in wonderful results.

If you're not feeling either candidate, don't vote. Make them do better.

My hope in voting for Johnson in 2016 was that he would reach the 5% threshold at which public funding for the next campaign kicks in. Call that a wasted vote if you want to, but it was my vote to waste.

It was wasted, no matter how much you justify it.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Regardless of what you think about either party's policies, only one party has the majority of its members and leadership actively working to destroy our democratic institutions or supporting those who are.

My goodness - struggling to decide if the delusion displayed here is more funny or scary

Reactions: GlenHawk

what di you think will change by throwing away another vote towards the Ds n Rs? id rather vote for a candidate that closely aligns to my ideals, than simply vote for a candidate because i dont want to see someone else win.... That is the true throw away vote.

Don’t care. My vote, my choice.

Who did you vote for and in which state did you vote?

I don't care if my answer is wrong. I stand by it!! To think it was all for Gary Johnson. LOL!

Not to mention that Hillary won by nearly 3 million votes.

I love it that my 3rd party vote in blue Maryland is where Dems direct their anger.

No wonder Hillary lost. Dems can't get their priorities straight.
What did she win?
So she totaled a net margin of 3 million, 4 million of that was from Cali (which she carried), so actual she is a negative 1 million in the remaining 49 states.

People claiming a 3rd party vote is a wasted vote tend to also bitch that we have a 2 party system (that arent all that different from each other). If everyone who called them wasted votes actually voted 3rd party, theyd be legitimate parties.

Reactions: TylerJ76
Regardless of what you think about either party's policies, only one party has the majority of its members and leadership actively working to destroy our democratic institutions or supporting those who are.

Unless you consider the electoral college, the Supreme Court, the filibuster, the second amendment, etc democratic institutions.

Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
ADVERTISEMENT