ADVERTISEMENT

Perkins and Ulis - Not starters!

Chicagoherky71

Team MVP
Nov 20, 2007
I’d much rather have Sanford and Dix in the starting lineup.

Also, I’m disappointed in Bowen. Everyone said he was going to be the point guard we haven’t had. I think Joe T is better offensively and much better defensively.

I hope he improves big time by next year and someone replaces Tony/Aaron in the starting lineup.

Also, I’m disappointed in Bowen. Everyone said he was going to be the point guard we haven’t had. I think Joe T is better offensively and much better defensively.

I hope he improves big time by next year and someone replaces Tony/Aaron in the starting lineup.
Agree. Our guard play has been terrible this year.

I’m disappointed in ulis 6 turnovers. He had his pull up shot working but he had some turnovers that looked like he hasnt played basketball in two years. His frantic pacing didn’t just cause turnovers but also messed up the flow of the offense. Often times players cutting before he was looking to pass. It’s stuff like that, that has me wanting Dix out there.

Yeah I’m not into hearing about AU and his points tonight. Poor ball handling and gagging on the line. Just weak stuff for the BT. That game was so there for the taking. In addition maybe not wait until about 12 minutes in the second half to bring someone off the bench. Why is it other programs play freshmen and Fran can’t pull the trigger? Damn frustrating. They needed that game

AYFKM!?!?!?!?

Iowa is BLOWN OUT if not for Ahron Ulis tonight!!

really-are.gif

Ulis did not keep us in the game. If he was a good PG, he would have 2 or 3 turnovers. And 2 were inbounds under our own basket. That could easily be 5-6 points back right there. It also seems like both he and Perkins don't look for Sandford when they drive. A couple of times Payton broke for the basket or was standing in the corner and they just ignore him.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
Ulis was getting mugged on half of those turnovers. The Big Ten really needs to clean that up. Saying that. We were right in it until the end and had two good looks there that unfortunately didn't go in. I was actually surprised to see a thread like this. I thought we played decent enough.

Ulis did not keep us in the game. If he was a good PG, he would have 2 or 3 turnovers. And 2 were inbounds under our own basket. That could easily be 5-6 points back right there. It also seems like both he and Perkins don't look for Sandford when they drive. A couple of times Payton broke for the basket or was standing in the corner and they just ignore him.
Dude was 8/10 including 1/1 from the 3. 3 assists and 2 rebounds and played well defensively. Give him some credit.

facepalm-really.gif

We’ll some of the turnover were uncalled fouls.

Yes,
Ulis was one of the few guys who had some sack and did not back down to IzzoThugBall. Someone else has to show up to score, Kris is allowed some off games. I thought a number of the turnovers by Ulis were fouls not called on MSU. Missed FT's were also big.
Yes, Ulis was certainly not afraid to battle. Now just quit dribbling E-W for the first 12 seconds of the shot clock.

Ulis was one of the few guys who had some sack and did not back down to IzzoThugBall. Someone else has to show up to score, Kris is allowed some off games. I thought a number of the turnovers by Ulis were fouls not called on MSU. Missed FT's were also big.
Except when it counted he dribbled into the lane, stopped, did nothing and lost the ball

13 turnovers, 3/17 from 3, 6/13 from the line - not going to get it done.

Only 6 bench points, Murray with only 11.

And still had a chance to win at the horn. 🤷‍♂️

But on the bright side - 23/40 from 2 (57.5%) was a strong showing, lots of points in the paint. Nice to see Ulis with 17 points, but 6 turnovers is awful.

Ulis was getting mugged on half of those turnovers. The Big Ten really needs to clean that up. Saying that. We were right in it until the end and had two good looks there that unfortunately didn't go in. I was actually surprised to see a thread like this. I thought we played decent enough.
Agree, everytime Ulis drove a rugby game broke out

Reactions: Ronman and littlez
Only one mention of defense this entire thread. I guess the average fan just doesn't think about that side of the court. You would think the six years of JBo defending the point stuck out like a sore thumb

Reactions: RocknRollface
It was pretty incredible how many times Iowa players lost control of the ball in the lane and often ended up laying on the court with no foul call. I don't know his name, but the fairly young fit looking Black official might be the worst B1G official I have seen this year.

Reactions: jimbob22
13 turnovers, 3/17 from 3, 6/13 from the line - not going to get it done.

Only 6 bench points, Murray with only 11.

And still had a chance to win at the horn. 🤷‍♂️

But on the bright side - 23/40 from 2 (57.5%) was a strong showing, lots of points in the paint. Nice to see Ulis with 17 points, but 6 turnovers is awful.
At least three of his turnovers in the lane were fouls. He got squeezed between multiple players, with significant body contact. Piss Poor Officiating.

Ullis is the only reason we were in that game. Perkins really frustrates me, way too many turnovers from overdribbling and indecision. I’d start Dix instead, he’s playing well.
You don't think Filip's 16/11 had anything to do with it? The 17 pts were very nice, don't get me wrong, but his 6 turnovers were totally unacceptable. Especially the the one at 1:13 and the clank in front end of 1 and 1 right before that which was effectively another turnover. Hopefully he can build on his good scoring night and value the ball better going forward

Only one mention of defense this entire thread. I guess the average fan just doesn't think about that side of the court. You would think the six years of JBo defending the point stuck out like a sore thumb
People are stupid.

They want to come up with something to change after every loss.

Anyone who thinks this team improves with Dix at pg is fvcking crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT