ADVERTISEMENT

Permanent Daylight Saving Time is on deck in Congress again....

Pass, just keep it as is.

I don't want the sun to only come up at 9 am during the winter, nor do I want the sun to be out til 11 pm in the summer

Actually, the issue in summertime is the sun rising at around 4 AM, when you have ~16 hrs of daylight at our latitudes.

DST shifts that to ~5 AM to 9 PM, instead of the (balanced) 4 AM to 8 PM it otherwise would be.

When you shift time zone over 1 hr, eliminating DST, when you have ~8 hrs of daylight in winter, it's from about 9 AM to 5 PM, instead of ~8AM - 4PM on regular time.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
If they do this, I’m posting this here to let the investigators in the future know that this is why I did what I did.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
If they do this, I’m posting this here to let the investigators in the future know that this is why I did what I did.

Your "trigger point" is gonna be when the remake episode of "24:00" that runs on DST week, gets renamed to "23:00". And the terrorist succeeds b/c they were short that one extra hour they needed...

marco-rubio-drink.gif
Glad Marco has his finger on the pulse of things that matter in America.
Will there ever be a thread on this site that is free of silly irrelevant and pointless posts like this one?
That said, it made me laugh at the memory. 😏

Count me in on going DST year round. It's already dark when I go to work in the winter. Doesn't matter if we're on standard time or not. At least with the shift, maybe I'll at least get to see a little sun when I get off work.

Reactions: goldmom
Will there ever be a thread on this site that is free of silly irrelevant and pointless posts like this one?
That said, it made me laugh at the memory. 😏

Not when L’il Marco is involved. Dude deserves to be dragged every opportunity. Permanent DST is beyond dumb. Not surprised he thinks it’s a good idea.

Not when L’il Marco is involved. Dude deserves to be dragged every opportunity. Permanent DST is beyond dumb. Not surprised he thinks it’s a good idea.
Okay. Thanks for your viewpoint.
Are the other Senators who co-sponsored the measure beyond dumb as well?
Asking for a friend.

Okay. Thanks for your viewpoint.
Are the other Senators who co-sponsored the measure beyond dumb as well?
Asking for a friend.

Yup. They’re all supporting a dumb idea that was tried in the early 1970’s and was quickly revealed to be a disaster.

Again: the Internet is serious business. I know you get worked up by all these opinions…maybe don’t take it so serious?

But your defense of both your Senators is admirable. Completely warped; but admirable.

Yup. They’re all supporting a dumb idea that was tried in the early 1970’s and was quickly revealed to be a disaster.

Again: the Internet is serious business. I know you get worked up by all these opinions…maybe don’t take it so serious?

But your defense of both your Senators is admirable. Completely warped; but admirable.
As for DST I’m very neutral and don’t take a lot seriously these days. Especially on this board 😏😂.

As for DST I’m very neutral and don’t take a lot seriously these days. Especially on this board 😏😂.

I do think it makes a difference where you live when it comes to DST. Further south has less of an impact. In the Midwest - and especially on the east end of the Central Time Zone, you’re looking at a sunrise of 8:18am in December with permanent DST.

I do think it makes a difference where you live when it comes to DST. Further south has less of an impact. In the Midwest - and especially on the east end of the Central Time Zone, you’re looking at a sunrise of 8:18am in December with permanent DST.
So? Then it's still light out after 5pm.

My opinion: I’d rather have the light in the morning for the commute. Evenings in December/January in Illinois don’t matter.
It's dark for me either way. I'd personally rather see some sun on the drive home. As it is now it's dark for both drives.

I know. I lived in the Central zone for 20 years. My favorite thing about it was that it stayed light until 9:30 in summer and it let me take my kids to the playground in the evening when it wasn’t 103 degrees anymore, (we lived in Dallas) or I could water my flowers without getting heat stroke.
Other than that as I said I’m pretty neutral and don’t care much.

Reactions: Tom Paris
So? Then it's still light out after 5pm.

For me, I feel like crap all day if I get out of bed when it's still dark outside. I need a little sunlight peeking in the window to make me feel rested regardless of how early I went to bed the night before.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
For me, I feel like crap all day if I get out of bed when it's still dark outside. I need a little sunlight peeking in the window to make me feel rested regardless of how early I went to bed the night before.
Then you shouldn't be supporting this unless you don't wake up until after 8:15 in December and January.

Reactions: runkpanole
As a selfish golfer I vote for later daylight in the summer, Winter time makes no difference in regard to sunrise, Sunset to me.

If you're changing the clocks, what's the difference if it's an hour or half hour? As usual, your arguments change as each previous one is shown to be silly.

My point is to pick a time and stop changing the clocks, but permanent DST is my least-favorite option.

Not an option up nort'. It's dark when I wake up in the winter regardless.

On the extreme west end of the Eastern time zone however we're looking at a sunrise of 9:18 AM then.

Being on the west end of a time zone means you feel this more. That's why I'd like to keep it the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT