ADVERTISEMENT

Personal observations from PTL Championship

Dec 29, 2005
Personal observations from the PTL Championship Game.

It was a fun game to watch

I am no scout and this is more about the other kids in the PTL This is not only about the Iowa players, but a shout out to Randy Larsen and all the volunteers, especially for the wonderful women who greet us and present us with programs at the entrance of the gym and are Hawkeyes for ever and into the moment...

.It is good and free for everyone and here you go.

Hal Bateman was the best player on the court. He is barely 5' 9" and blocked 2 of Nunges shots along with a strip or two. He drove and dished. he did throw away a pass or 2 and missed some shots including free throws. At the same time he drove and scored, set up his team mates and is a winner. D port native and played at SF Austin. Hoping he can still play in Eurip for big money.

Wyatt Lohaus is an Assassin. Offense and defense this kid gets it. May UNI get back to the NCAA and a round 2 or 3 with his leadership.

Klint Carlson is now my favorite player in the state of Iowa. This kid hustles and smiles, gets hit in the face several times (even from a "Coach" on the side-line) He goes and get towels from the end lines to wipe up sweat and smiles and nods when some fan from the stands gives him a thumbs up.

Brady Ellingson was cool and collected. He scored as needed. He stepped up on D as in the last minute or two... stripped the ball away from Wyatt when it mattered.

Jack is Jack.. the Nunge...his skill set is way above everyone else. At the same time he gets schooled several times from Bateman. Guess what? Many more Batemans in the BIG TEN.

Moishe Dailey is the wild card. Still growing, smooth as silk and still soft despite the unfortunate incident in Cleveland. Time to buck up? or just another deplorable incident when a young black man gets profiled and a shot away from death?

I suspect the best for this young man who has braved more than a freshman season at IOWA.

Let us see what happens.

btw.. too many fat people and old people sitting in the stands?

WTF??

GO HAWKS!

GO PANTHERS!

GO clones?

Reactions: JDRDRR
Thanks for the post! Even if Panther tainted, I'll take it.

Nunge is going to be a badass, sooner than later.

Dailey seems quite smooth. If he can add a 3pt shot and add some aggressiveness, he will see the floor.

Personal observations from the PTL Championship Game.

It was a fun game to watch

I am no scout and this is more about the other kids in the PTL This is not only about the Iowa players, but a shout out to Randy Larsen and all the volunteers, especially for the wonderful women who greet us and present us with programs at the entrance of the gym and are Hawkeyes for ever and into the moment...

.It is good and free for everyone and here you go.

Hal Bateman was the best player on the court. He is barely 5' 9" and blocked 2 of Nunges shots along with a strip or two. He drove and dished. he did throw away a pass or 2 and missed some shots including free throws. At the same time he drove and scored, set up his team mates and is a winner. D port native and played at SF Austin. Hoping he can still play in Eurip for big money.

Wyatt Lohaus is an Assassin. Offense and defense this kid gets it. May UNI get back to the NCAA and a round 2 or 3 with his leadership.

Klint Carlson is now my favorite player in the state of Iowa. This kid hustles and smiles, gets hit in the face several times (even from a "Coach" on the side-line) He goes and get towels from the end lines to wipe up sweat and smiles and nods when some fan from the stands gives him a thumbs up.

Brady Ellingson was cool and collected. He scored as needed. He stepped up on D as in the last minute or two... stripped the ball away from Wyatt when it mattered.

Jack is Jack.. the Nunge...his skill set is way above everyone else. At the same time he gets schooled several times from Bateman. Guess what? Many more Batemans in the BIG TEN.

Moishe Dailey is the wild card. Still growing, smooth as silk and still soft despite the unfortunate incident in Cleveland. Time to buck up? or just another deplorable incident when a young black man gets profiled and a shot away from death?

I suspect the best for this young man who has braved more than a freshman season at IOWA.

Let us see what happens.

btw.. too many fat people and old people sitting in the stands?

WTF??

GO HAWKS!

GO PANTHERS!

GO clones?

That was a waist of time

8344493.jpg

1. These were personal observations, I repeat PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS.. Sheesh

2. Bateman had the best and most fun game to watch. He blocked at least 2 of Jack's shot and stripped him of the ball another time or two.

3. Dailey is a young Black Man. He can walk around, drive around, play some pick-up BB around.. and still just be picked up for being Black. It may not be in your world view but it is the TRUTH.

4. I am not a troll, nor a Dumb ASS, certainly a SMART ass. I am old and PHAT btw.

5. GO HAWKS

6. go panthers

7. guex clonies?

Reactions: torbee
3. Dailey is a young Black Man. He can walk around, drive around, play some pick-up BB around.. and still just be picked up for being Black. It may not be in your world view but it is the TRUTH.

FAIL

Too those trying to figure this out. I think the poster is saying here, and in other comments, that Dailey got a raw deal in Cleveland recently. An all too common raw deal that stinks worse because race was a part of it. And the poster is trying to give his support to Dailey to be tough, hang in there, and turn his experience into motivation.

If I'm reading this correctly, I can get behind his statement about Dailey and agree.

Too those trying to figure this out. I think the poster is saying here, and in other comments, that Dailey got a raw deal in Cleveland recently. An all too common raw deal that stinks worse because race was a part of it. And the poster is trying to give his support to Dailey to be tough, hang in there, and turn his experience into motivation.

If I'm reading this correctly, I can get behind his statement about Dailey and agree.

Kids dont read message boards anymore. Theyre for old guys like us.

Daily being soft on the court has nothing to do with that incident, there wasn't a need to force that into the discussion.

Kids dont read message boards anymore. Theyre for old guys like us.

Daily being soft on the court has nothing to do with that incident, there wasn't a need to force that into the discussion.

I'll not be the jury for what is on an old man's mind. He's tried to explain himself. I don't agree with half of what his initial post said, but he didn't mean harm by saying it.

Don't you think, my friend, you've forced some things into discussions a time or two? ;)

Reactions: hawk-i bob
I'll not be the jury for what is on an old man's mind. He's tried to explain himself. I don't agree with half of what his initial post said, but he didn't mean harm by saying it.

Don't you think, my friend, you've forced some things into discussions a time or two? ;)

Probably.

Fat, phat, PHAT?

I suspect only a few may GET IT!

Walk around, daily, get a cup of coffee.

Depending upon your age, your size, your gender and even more so... the color of your skin,ie your race..

what happens and HOW are you treated?

Any how, thanks for all of you being adults and consider being kind..

GO HAWKS

go panthers

guex clones?

I had the privilege of seeing Hal Bateman in high school. It was good to hear his name as being part of the PTL and playing for his old coach.

At 5"9, he soared, and I mean soared, for one handed dunk with authority. If I hadn't been there to witness it... The guy was a freak of nature, athletically. One of the single most thrilling things I've seen from an unexpected source. Little guy with major hops. And that Centrall team was good.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
I had the privilege of seeing Hal Bateman in high school. It was good to hear his name as being part of the PTL and playing for his old coach.

At 5"9, he soared, and I mean soared, for one handed dunk with authority. If I hadn't been there to witness it... The guy was a freak of nature, athletically. One of the single most thrilling things I've seen from an unexpected source. Little guy with major hops. And that Centrall team was good.

I believe went to DMACC out high school...actually played minutes for Stephen F Austin started his senior year...

ADVERTISEMENT