ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Buttigieg was smart to go on Nationally televised Fox News Town Hall

True. He spends most of his time on twitter name calling. Not very Presidential, is he.Do you think these candidates would be hurt or helped by going on one of Fox News' Town Halls?
I think they would be helped if they approached it the right way (like I think Mayor Pete did).

That being said, will civility equate to elect-ability in this day and age? That is the golden question.

Reactions: unIowa
I think they would be helped if they approached it the right way (like I think Mayor Pete did).

That being said, will civility equate to elect-ability in this day and age? That is the golden question.

Probably not as pissed off as the left's base is. I've said it once today, and I'll say it again, if you guys push Biden over the finish line, he'll get my vote in 2020. As for the others, many I won't vote for no matter what, but I will be getting up to speed on the others. And no, Trump will not get my vote this time either. Not really spelling that out for you, but there are others lurking that need it spelled out.

For what it’s worth, Trump did go on MSNBC in 2016

Here he is being interviewed after a debate

maxresdefault.jpg

Here he is at a town hall event

trump-matthews.jpg

Funny that he doesn't do that now ...

Heck, he barely makes any public speeches compared to past Presidents.

Are you factoring in that we are still talking about Trump? Dude is a idiot jerk.

It might. Remember when people are looking at replacing a current leader they often do so with opposites in mind. Trump is the kind uncivil person and everyone know it, if the independents are just fed up with him and feel like it is time for a change they will look for personality and other traits that are the opposite of Trumps.

Trump old - Pete young
Trump stupid/brash - Pete smart/thioughtful
Trump sailors mouth - Pete careful with his language
Trump unhinged - Pete in control

Reactions: srams21
Pete is a complete joke and has no chance at being elected. He is making a mockery of the process.

I support Amy Klobuchar. She, like Pete, was not afraid to go on the Fox News Town Hall.

Note in the article linked below how Pete talks about Democrats needing to update their vocabulary. Neither Amy nor Pete have or ever will call Trump supporters "Trumptards," "deplorables," "treasonous" or worse. Instead of using words that would divide us, both Amy and Pete are trying to connect and bring together all Americans. And they will go on Fox News, NBC News, ABC News, etc to deliver that message.

As you will also read below, Elizabeth Warren refuses to go on Fox and called Fox News a"hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists."

Words like that from Warren MIGHT help her win the Democratic nomination but they don't help in the general election. As Pete said (see the quote below), Democrats need to update their vocabulary so that they're TRULY CONNECTING with Americans coast to coast.

Some excerpts from the NBCnews.com article:

"...I think a lot of people tune into this [FOX News] network who do it in good faith. And there are a lot of Americans who my party can't blame if they are ignoring our message, because they will never hear it if we don't go on and talk about it," he continued, adding that "we have to find people where they are, not change our values, but update our vocabulary so that we're truly connecting with Americans coast to coast."

Buttigieg was very well received by the Fox News town hall audience and his comments prompted repeated enthusiastic applause.

He faced criticism from some on the left for participating in the town hall, particularly after Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., turned down an invite from Fox, saying last week that she was a "hard pass" on doing an event on the network, which she slammed as a "hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists."

Earlier this year, the Democratic National Committee also announced it was boycotting Fox News as a potential primary debate partner.

Moments after the town hall ended, veteran Fox News journalist Brit Hume slammed Trump for "barely" facing interviews from reporters like Wallace, while lauding Buttigieg for doing so.

"Say this for Buttigieg," Hume tweeted. "He’s willing to be questioned by Chris Wallace, something you've barely done since you've been president."

LINK TO FULL STORY:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ks-fox-news-hosts-fox-news-town-hall-n1007546

I would like to know in what way or in what ways you support Amy Klobuchar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT