ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Jok: The Iowa basketball team "is going to be a problem next year."

I love that the only thing Iowa loses after this year is a role player.

That can sometimes be a bad thing if you don't have enough Talent but I don't think that's going to be a problem outside of a penetrating guard or a backup point guard

I know nothing. I did go to the PTL 2 sundays ago. Seems like Iowa has a BUNCH of BIGS. Question is still about "point" guards. Isaiah Christian, Moishe? along with J BO. If they can ball it will be fun.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Why don't we all just admit what we are thinking. At least, several of us. :) Well, me for sure. :D I think we're going to win 40 or more Big Ten games in the next three years. (I'll let readers do the math...nay, I'll help. 3 years = 54 regular season Big Ten games. 13-5, 13-5, 14-4 = 40-14. AT LEAST) Make the NCAA three times and get solid seeding, and I wouldn't be surprised if we make the Sweet Sixteen two out of three tries and there's a big chance we do better. As to Big Ten Championships, we will be in the hunt all three years...just gotta hope scheduling and timing of hot shooting works out.

Common. Baer for two more seasons. Ellingson for two more seasons and it sounds like he is putting things together. Moss, Bohannon, Cook, Pemsl, Kriener all for three years!!! Nunge and Garza are the real deal!!! Wieskamp and Connor coming in?

I don't even mention everybody...and yes sometimes just tossing out names just sounds cool. But look at that!!! :cool:

We are $%^ing awesome!

Why don't we all just admit what we are thinking. At least, several of us. :) Well, me for sure. :D I think we're going to win 40 or more Big Ten games in the next three years. (I'll let readers do the math...nay, I'll help. 3 years = 54 regular season Big Ten games. 13-5, 13-5, 14-4 = 40-14. AT LEAST) Make the NCAA three times and get solid seeding, and I wouldn't be surprised if we make the Sweet Sixteen two out of three tries and there's a big chance we do better. As to Big Ten Championships, we will be in the hunt all three years...just gotta hope scheduling and timing of hot shooting works out.

Common. Baer for two more seasons. Ellingson for two more seasons and it sounds like he is putting things together. Moss, Bohannon, Cook, Pemsl, Kriener all for three years!!! Nunge and Garza are the real deal!!! Wieskamp and Connor coming in?

I don't even mention everybody...and yes sometimes just tossing out names just sounds cool. But look at that!!! :cool:

We are $%^ing awesome!
Obviously I would love it if you are right but I really think the Big Ten is going to be tough next year and even more difficult the following years after.

So if they can pull this off that would be quite an accomplishment in what will probably be the best conference in the nation the next few years

Reactions: DanL53
Obviously I would love it if you are right but I really think the Big Ten is going to be tough next year and even more difficult the following years after.

So if they can pull this off that would be quite an accomplishment in what will probably be the best conference in the nation the next few years

I might be nuts, but I just don't see the Big Ten as all that tough. Michigan State is going to lose some guys to the pros, and nobody else looks that good to me.

Can someone please translate...is problem good or bad?

:)

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Fan In Black
In the meantime is this not FUN? I harken back to 1970 JJ and downtown Freddie Brown. (I was 1 and 2 in 1955 and 1956) 1980 with Ronnie and Lute. 1986 thru 1989 with George and Dr Tom. Roy (RIP) Ed and BJ and Jeff Moe and Kent Hill and Kevin Gamble and I am forgetting some one...

The last SWEET SIXTEEN in the late 90s with Jess and other great Hawkeyes.

What FUN!!! This is such a good time to be an Iowa BB fan with Fran and some great young men.

GO HAWKS!!!

Hmmmm......stop your nonsense.

Let us see what happens.

Ellingson is coming off last year the way it ended and just let a not good MVC guard drop 42 on him in PTL. What makes you think he's getting it together?

Oh yeah I forgot about Sir Jam A Lot Gerry Wright. He then went on to flying fighter planes.

Bill Armstrong, the skinniness 6 foot 7 inch man in America. smooth and cool and was a lock down defensive player (Christian Williams, any one/)

20 years ago... 50 years ago...

J-Bo wanted to make a statement last season that he belonged to be here and could play. Well he made his point!

Let's hope he can improve upon that this next season and step up and become a better defender and take a leadership role on this team. And hopefully avoid the night-marish sophomore slump that tends to occur after a solid freshman season.

Oh yeah I forgot about Sir Jam A Lot Gerry Wright. He then went on to flying fighter planes.

Bill Armstrong, the skinniness 6 foot 7 inch man in America. smooth and cool and was a lock down defensive player (Christian Williams, any one/)

20 years ago... 50 years ago...

Bill Jones had an un-canny knack for being in position to make a good play and improved each season of his career.

Christian Williams just needs a shot of confidence and play more with a chip on his shoulder. He looks like he has all the tools but needs to finish stronger in transition and get confidence in his shooting. He looked so nervous when he got into games last season. He and Dom Uhl both need to gain that confidence.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Whoops it was Bill Jones... I am an old man and have memory issues.

You are right about everything. Christian Williams is a shut down defender.

A jump shot away and some confidence finishing at the rim.

Let us see what happens.

Reactions: Stormn Norman
Hawks should be pretty good. Starting line up could sure be:

1. Returning starter, ESPN 4*- All B1G freshman first team (Jordan Bo)
2. Returning starter, ESPN 4* - Ike Moss
3. Returning All B1G 6th MoY - the Baer
4. Returning starter, ESPN 4* - Tyler Cook
5. ESPN 4* - Luka

That's a starting line up with some pretty big recruits and players 1-4 have already shown they can compete and win in the B1G. If Kreiner starts its still a pretty impressive line up ... at least from a recruiting perspective.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
Hawks should be pretty good. Starting line up could sure be:

1. Returning starter, ESPN 4*- All B1G freshman first team (Jordan Bo)
2. Returning starter, ESPN 4* - Ike Moss
3. Returning All B1G 6th MoY - the Baer
4. Returning starter, ESPN 4* - Tyler Cook
5. ESPN 4* - Luka

That's a starting line up with some pretty big recruits and players 1-4 have already shown they can compete and win in the B1G. If Kreiner starts its still a pretty impressive line up ... at least from a recruiting perspective.

I like Nicholas Baer as much as anyone whose a Hawk fan, he indeed may start at the beginning of the year like he did last year, but he is much better suited to come off the bench and provide instant infusion of adrenalin and hustle that he's more accustom to provide. I believe that be the time the non-con season is over with he will be back to providing a spark coming off the bench and either Pemsl or Nunge inserted into the starting lineup......

In the meantime is this not FUN? I harken back to 1970 JJ and downtown Freddie Brown. (I was 1 and 2 in 1955 and 1956) 1980 with Ronnie and Lute. 1986 thru 1989 with George and Dr Tom. Roy (RIP) Ed and BJ and Jeff Moe and Kent Hill and Kevin Gamble and I am forgetting some one...

What FUN!!! This is such a good time to be an Iowa BB fan with Fran and some great young men.

GO HAWKS!!!
Yeah, I was 6 and 7 in 1955 and 1956. My memory of those Hawk teams is just a little foggy or froggy or whatever.

GO HAWKS!!!

(other people in the thread have already mentioned Bill Jones and you also mentioned Gerry Wright).

1986-1987:
1. Les Jepsen
2. Brad Lohaus
3. Al Lorenzen
4. Michael Morgan
5. Micheal Reaves

* Note - several years later...perhaps in the mid to late 90's, a prominent Chicago sports writer named the 86-87 team one of the greatest college teams ever (based on talent, and what they all did after college).

1988-1989:
1. Matt Bullard
2. Michael Ingram
3. Ray Thompson
4. James Moses

ADVERTISEMENT