ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Zeihan

onlyTheObvious

HR Legend
Jan 3, 2021
Two hour podcast on Rogan.

It’s not political and not Covid so the pussies can dial it down already.

Very interesting on-site on Russia/Ukraine war and China’s future.

He steps way back for a very big picture approach. Sort of a demographics aging issue.

In short, he thinks Russia and China are toast and both countries know it.

He steps way back for a very big picture approach. Sort of a demographics aging issue.

We can only hope

Is there anyone interesting to an audience over 25 that he does an interview with that I can listen to instead of listening to Joe Rogan not understand more than 25% of what he's saying?

A good listen. I posted a clip of his in the Putin/Russia thread. I agree with him on Russia, not with him on China.

He was speaking in Des Moines at a conference I’m at right now. He’s really good. Heard him many times.

I might have to check out his audio books.

Just a really interesting perspective that is way way stepping back into big picture.

Weird. I just discovered he's orginally from Marshalltown. I'm sure he posts here frequently.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman

I'm deaf so can't listen to podcasts. Understand why he thinks Russia is toast. Why China? Can't maintain grip on populace?

I'm deaf so can't listen to podcasts. Understand why he thinks Russia is toast. Why China? Can't maintain grip on populace?
Very very long story short but the population of the people in their 50’s and above is larger than the younger population and they will collapse.

There is a lot more to it than that but that’s a major part. He makes a lot of sense in the long term. I would see if you can find the audio version of his latest book.

Some good size clips of podcast are on YouTube with subtitles. Just search on Peter Zeihan.

Very very long story short but the population of the people in their 50’s and above is larger than the younger population and they will collapse.

There is a lot more to it than that but that’s a major part. He makes a lot of sense in the long term. I would see if you can find the audio version of his latest book.
Well that makes sense. Considering one of their biggest weapons is production vs near slave labor manual input. Older workers simply can't maintain the production output of young ones. Says his latest book came out in June last year. Barnes and Noble should have it. Sounds interesting.

They cannot produce enough food to feed their population.

Past attempts to control the population have created an inverted pyramid with too low of birth rates to keep up the economic system.

Over reliance on Russian trade for energy and food production.

Xi has insulated himself from hard truths by silencing any dissent making it impossible for him to make informed decisions.

Their labor pool continues to age and is in decline on the skills front.

They are not nearly as technologically advanced as they would like the world to think.

US trade policy has stifled/stalled their ability to access high-end tech and components.

Reactions: tumorboy
They cannot produce enough food to feed their population.

Past attempts to control the population have created an inverted pyramid with too low of birth rates to keep up the economic system.

Over reliance on Russian trade for energy and food production.

Xi has insulated himself from hard truths by silencing any dissent making it impossible for him to make informed decisions.

Their labor pool continues to age and is in decline on the skills front.

They are not nearly as technologically advanced as they would like the world to think.

US trade policy has stifled/stalled their ability to access high-end tech and components.
Sounds like they need to invade Taiwan for the tech and labor pool.

Sounds like they need to invade Taiwan for the tech and labor pool.
He spoke about that, and how it either would exacerbate their major problems or how they won't even have the ability as regions of the mainland fall into a failed state.

He spoke about that, and how it either would exacerbate their major problems or how they won't even have the ability as regions of the mainland fall into a failed state.
Well just because it's a horrible decision doesn't mean they won't feel they have to. See Putin

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Interesting topic fellas. Definitely have to read this one. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Well just because it's a horrible decision doesn't mean they won't feel they have to. See Putin

For sure. The subject of the thread makes the prediction that it's already too late for anything like that. He claims that collapse of both Russia and China will start to become obvious as soon as this spring.

I have doubts but his generalist perspective is definitely thought provoking. I can't help but think that many many times throughout history Russia has entered into a conflict and been almost comically bad for the first year, only for them to start winning in the end through attrition and the ability to throw more and more people at the problem. We'll see once the mud season ends.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
For sure. The subject of the thread makes the prediction that it's already too late for anything like that. He claims that collapse of both Russia and China will start to become obvious as soon as this spring.

I have doubts but his generalist perspective is definitely thought provoking. I can't help but think that many many times throughout history Russia has entered into a conflict and been almost comically bad for the first year, only for them to start winning in the end through attrition and the ability to throw more and more people at the problem. We'll see once the mud season ends.
Chinese I have my doubts. Serious bunch of collectivists. Russia can totally see it has so much pressure on it. From every direction.

Russia is definitely in trouble with a birth rate that's absolutely crashing. China's big demographic problem is not enough Chinese women thanks to their idiotic one-child policy. Millions of females were aborted (or likely killed at birth) because sons are so favored. Now those poor schlubs find themselves fighting over scarce female company. China also faces an elderly demographic atomic bomb with a clock ticking faster than anyone forecast.

ADVERTISEMENT