ADVERTISEMENT

Peterson: ESPN woes should worry Iowa, Iowa State

And that is relevant How? Nobody cares because we are still talking about small market. There was talk on Sirius about Netflix, Hulu, etc. Making a play for a conference of 30 blue bloods for content, and it was bad news for both Iowa and ISU. The state of Iowa and alums in other states are not enough for to help either program. There just isn't enough interest in either regardless of the standard denials from the fake i.d. fan base.

Its relevant in terms that you think Iowa has the same limitations as ISU. Clearly NOT even close to true. Try and keep up. Thirty teams? I like Iowa chances at being selected to that. Over the last 30 some years I'd say Iowa is a top 25 program. Don't believe me?

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s-top-100-college-football-teams-of-all-time/

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
And that is relevant How? Nobody cares because we are still talking about small market. There was talk on Sirius about Netflix, Hulu, etc. Making a play for a conference of 30 blue bloods for content, and it was bad news for both Iowa and ISU. The state of Iowa and alums in other states are not enough for to help either program. There just isn't enough interest in either regardless of the standard denials from the fake i.d. fan base.

We turn in a top-10 finish about every five years on average since 2000. That's relevant. Not to mention ours is the #22 richest program in the country which you seem to be casually ignoring. Money and success. That's what we bring. Foreign concepts to you, I get it.

We turn in a top-10 finish about every five years on average since 2000. That's relevant. Not to mention ours is the #22 richest program in the country which you seem to be casually ignoring. Money and success. That's what we bring. Foreign concepts to you, I get it.
Not relevant because not enough of the public cares. The market is just too small.

isu delusions persist.

Well you got the BLAH, BLAH, BLAH part right anyway....

Seriously no one is saying Iowa is a large market team however that is your rebuttal for half the post. Fact is Iowa is in a stable conference that is adding teams not in danger of losing any. Even if, which will never happen, Ohio St leaves for another conference Big 10 still isn't in any danger of dissolving. Now if OU or Texas bolt the Big 12 as we've already seen 4 schools do the Big 12 is in a bad spot. As for market least Iowa offers so sort of relevancy for football. When is last time ISU was even ranked? The only way they ever are on the bottom ticker for scores is when they are losing to a ranked team. But keep clinging on to the fact that the Big 12 is stable and strong....

Reactions: Fan In Black
Dear God - is this still going? Which part don't you get? First you say Iowa has fewer TV sets in support of your failed argument. Well yep all true but then since Houston can't get into a P5 conference with 1 of the top 5 media markets that destroys your argument. So now, you are apparently going the cord cutting route which means anyone anywhere can get a game for a price. Under that scenario, then how in the hell is Iowa in trouble under that when we are rated in the top 25 team in name recognition and national relevance? Look little buddy with the tank top kid, I get that being irrelevant and soon to be begging with the hand out to get into the MAC is making you cranky, but you really now are off the rails and delusional.

Now you just seem bitter. Is it because Lazard has turned out to be such a bust? He has a year to turn it around, you never know.

Step one is having the ability to out run Iowa linebackers. He couldn't do it in last years game. I am sure that the NFL is way impressed.

Now you just seem bitter. Is it because Lazard has turned out to be such a bust? He has a year to turn it around, you never know.
When did Lazard become a bust? He will hold most of the receiving records at ISU before he is done.

True enough, but that didn't stop Delaney from welcoming Nebraska....

Nebraska was closer to B1G rankings in research and academics. They also were geographically contiguous, and, being the 12th school, allowed the addition of a conference title game.

OU is remote, with worse academics. If the scenario is to add OU/OkSU, I don't really think that happens. If the scenario is to add OU/UT, B1G will swallow the poison pill and take them both.

Step one is having the ability to out run Iowa linebackers. He couldn't do it in last years game. I am sure that the NFL is way impressed.
Good. Talking about the matchup instead of doom and gloom that is facing both Iowa and ISU

Iowa will not win in Ames this year, btw. You don't have a competent QB yet.

Nebraska was closer to B1G rankings in research and academics. They also were geographically contiguous, and, being the 12th school, allowed the addition of a conference title game.

OU is remote, with worse academics. If the scenario is to add OU/OkSU, I don't really think that happens. If the scenario is to add OU/UT, B1G will swallow the poison pill and take them both.
LOL!!

Good. Talking about the matchup instead of doom and gloom that is facing both Iowa and ISU

Probably won't need one. We'll just run it down your throat. lol, Iowa is not facing doom and gloom. You're trying way too hard. You've lost this argument. It was based on facts given to you, your arguments are all emotional and not base in reality.

Iowa is top 25 in revenue, no problem there. You are worried about a 30 team super conference, as an ISU fan, you should be. As and Iowa fan, I'm not. I'd be willing to bet Iowa is in that group of thirty for a number of reasons, a lot of those reason have already been used to dismiss your arguments. I'll let ya in on a little secret, it'll be regardless what Colin Cowherd thinks about it.

In this scenario ISU is like the unarmed home owner in a bad neighborhood worrying and hoping someone doesn't break in. Iowa is the home owner sitting on the couch, holding a 12 ga with a .45 on the hip. The Iowa home owner is NOT worried.

Last edited:
Probably won't need one. We'll just run it down your throat. lol, Iowa is not facing doom and gloom. You're trying way too hard. You've lost this argument. It was based on facts given to you, your arguments are all emotional and not base in reality.

Iowa is top 25 in revenue, no problem there. You are worried about a 30 team super conference, as an ISU fan, you should be. As and Iowa fan, I'm not. I'd be willing to bet Iowa is in that group of thirty for a number of reasons, a lot of those reason have already been used to dismiss your arguments.
You won't be running it down anyone's throat if you can't throw at all. ISU is better at every single skill position.

You won't be running it down anyone's throat if you can't throw at all. ISU is better at every single skill position.

Are you serious, Clark? Is your running back a possible Heisman candidate? Did you forget last year? Iowa couldn't throw for shit and had not one but TWO 1,000 yard rushers. Arguably Iowa's best back only carried it 9 times against ISU for a 5.5 yard average.

I feel like I'm cheating arguing with you, it's just not fair.

Qb-Iowa state because he has starts doesn't mean he is better..
Rb-Iowa Akrum has more talent plus behind a better line
Wr-Iowa state but barely.
Te-Iowa it's easy to see
Cb-Iowa last years back ups have already proved themselves in big games last year. And Iowa states corners are bad.
Safety-Iowa state only because Snyder went down, but gervase may make re put that back in iowas favor..

Now I know you know iowas line both o and d are better, and linebacker isn't worth the argument, but I'm sure you will because you have been making a dumb argument for 5 pages.

Not relevant because not enough of the public cares. The market is just too small.

Hmmmm, Iowa doesn't have a problem putting butts in seats to watch games on t.v.. Another poster has already given you those facts. Are you dense enough to think that the only people that watch Iowa games on t.v. reside in Iowa? You should see a gamewatch here in Denver, based on your thoughts, you will be blown away. Check out the membership numbers of the I Club in Phoenix.

If market size is your do all, end all. Why in the hell is Houston still not in a major conference?

Based on your notion of market size, Univ of Colorado, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State, Illinois, Indiana, hell even Minnesota have a better chance than Alabama of surviving.

Last edited:
What difference does the size of Iowa's market make? Absolutely NONE! Why? Because it's only important if you A) don't have a conference and are in need of one or B) The conference you are currently in is collapsing.
Iowa has neither of those issues and they never will. The BIG is a conference founded on R E S E A R C H first and sports affiliation second. Iowa is one of the earliest members. They aren't being kicked out and the BIG conference isn't going anywhere! They aren't disbanding because they want some blue blood super conference because the CIC controls the purse strings. Not the sports programs.

Reactions: Ree4 and kceasthawk
In addition to being in the top 25 in every metric already mentioned, I don't think it has been mentioned that Kinnick Stadium is 24th in capacity and Iowa ranked 20th in average attendance last season.

Reactions: ichawk24

Iowa will do to isu this fall what they did in 2013. The only difference being that instead of Weisman running over the clones it will be Wadley and company running around and past the clones.

Just like last year when isu had no o or d line.

Reactions: ichawk24
I'm still waiting for his rationale on how any of ISU's RBs are better than Wadley. That's sure to be gold.

I can't wait for this!

825fe3e1c3ccf97855e23e66ae4eb5eb_the-walking-dead-gif-find-share-on-giphy-popcorn-meme-gif_399-299.gif

Not only that, I think he is the starting MLB. How freaking scary is that? A QB in January now starting MLB in April. How freaking horrible must ISU LB'ers be?
Better question is outside of isu, will Lanning be able to know the plays before the snap of the ball in order to always be in the right spot?

The B1G doesn't need to worry. The B12 might.

To a large extent, this might be very true. But only because of the population involved. However, there are going to be changes in the way contracts and money are going to be "divied up".
What one needs to fear is that "the rich will get richer" and it will be at the extent of the have-nots. It won't be "fair" and many schools will feel as though their toes are being stepped upon.

I'm still waiting for his rationale on how any of ISU's RBs are better than Wadley. That's sure to be gold.
Mike Warren was a freshman All American 2 years ago and he lost his starting job to David Montgomery last year. Together, they will have a better running game than Iowa's backs. ISU will be serviceable in the trenches and much better than Iowa on the back end of the defense. There will be no learning curve this year when the teams play.

What difference does the size of Iowa's market make? Absolutely NONE! Why? Because it's only important if you A) don't have a conference and are in need of one or B) The conference you are currently in is collapsing.
Iowa has neither of those issues and they never will. The BIG is a conference founded on R E S E A R C H first and sports affiliation second. Iowa is one of the earliest members. They aren't being kicked out and the BIG conference isn't going anywhere! They aren't disbanding because they want some blue blood super conference because the CIC controls the purse strings. Not the sports programs.
It's like talking to a wall Scout. It's should be painfully obvious to him by now, but he can't back away from 5 pages of lunacy.:rolleyes:

Reactions: ScoutRefugee
Mike Warren was a freshman All American 2 years ago and he lost his starting job to David Montgomery last year. Together, they will have a better running game than Iowa's backs. ISU will be serviceable in the trenches and much better than Iowa on the back end of the defense. There will be no learning curve this year when the teams play.

Your freshman all american gained 9 yards on 3 rushes against us that year, and 28 yards on 7 rushes last year. Montgomery rushed 3 times for 7 yards against us last year. Our third string guy coming into this year averaged more yards per carry last year against ISU than Montgomery did. Seriously. I know you pop a half chub because when Warren isn't fumbling games away against KSU he's racking up nice numbers against pathetic Big 12 rush defenses, but it's pretty funny. Wadley gained more yards on 9 carries against ISU last year than Warren/Montgomery have gained against Iowa the past two years.

And Iowa has had really good receivers when? Are you going back to Tim Dwight?

Vandeberg: 7 catches, 129 yards, 1 TD
Lazard: 7 catches, 111 yards

Last year's game was fun. Granted if Lazard didn't drop so many and didn't get run down by bulky MLBs, he may have actually scored. Maybe this is the year he gets in the end zone against Iowa.

And Iowa has had really good receivers when? Are you going back to Tim Dwight?

Lol. He just keeps coming back for more. At this point I'm convinced this is just a joke. He can't be this delusional, can he? Ed Hinkel, DJK, Clinton Solomon, Marvin McNutt, Vandeberg are all pretty decent receivers. Dare I say, more accomplished college wr's than a lot of ISU wideouts. We haven't even mentioned tight ends yet.

Reactions: Ree4
Your freshman all american gained 9 yards on 3 rushes against us that year, and 28 yards on 7 rushes last year. Montgomery rushed 3 times for 7 yards against us last year. Our third string guy coming into this year averaged more yards per carry last year against ISU than Montgomery did. Seriously. I know you pop a half chub because when Warren isn't fumbling games away against KSU he's racking up nice numbers against pathetic Big 12 rush defenses, but it's pretty funny. Wadley gained more yards on 9 carries against ISU last year than Warren/Montgomery have gained against Iowa the past two years.
Brand new staff with new scheme has a learning curve. We will be much better this time around. Iowa has.a new QB & Offensive coordinator. I like our chances in Ames.

ADVERTISEMENT