ADVERTISEMENT

Peterson: ESPN woes should worry Iowa, Iowa State

Just looked it up, Iowa has won 9 out of last 14 and 6 out of last 9 games vs. isu. After this year, it will be 10 out of last 15 games, and 7 out of last 10.
Hawks won't win this year because they don't have a QB with any experience. Wadley won't have the running lanes that he had last year. If the hawks can't throw at all, they won't win meaning KF will have a losing record against ISU again.

Hawks won't win this year because they don't have a QB with any experience. Wadley won't have the running lanes that he had last year. If the hawks can't throw at all, they won't win meaning KF will have a losing record against ISU again.
I have never seen a poster get a beat down time after time, post after post like you. You're always wrong. You're always proven wrong. You get completely dominated with every statement. It's comparable to Rocky 4. I'm going to start calling you Apollo. "If he dies, he dies".

Nathan Chandler - no previous experience = Beat ISU
Drew Tate - no previous experience = Beat ISU
Ricky Stanzi - no previous experience = Beat ISU
Jake Rudock - no previous experience = Beat ISU
CJ Beathard - no previous experience = Beat ISU
It doesn't always work out the way you think it should.

Enfuego. Wadley is more experienced. Our O-Line will be even better. And your starting QB from last year is now your middle linebacker. Have Mom proof read your posts before you hit submit for now on.

I've read a bit of this thread. You are either a stupid mfer or just a fail troll. I'm going with troll because nobody can be this dumb

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I have never seen a poster get a beat down time after time, post after post like you. You're always wrong. You're always proven wrong. You get completely dominated with every statement. It's comparable to Rocky 4. I'm going to start calling you Apollo. "If he dies, he dies".
Nobody pays attention to you herky. You are definitely out there.

I've read a bit of this thread. You are either a stupid mfer or just a fail troll. I'm going with troll because nobody can be this dumb
Your post speaks volumes.....about you! I use logic and you call names.....not surprising for certain folks here.

You didn't use any logic in which you said Wadley won't have the running lanes.
Yes I did, you just didn't pay attention. Inexperienced QB will have ISU stacking the box with a defense that is much more familiar with defensive schemes and personnel fits.

Yes I did, you just didn't pay attention. Inexperienced QB will have ISU stacking the box with a defense that is much more familiar with defensive schemes and personnel fits.
Teams stacked the box the entire year last year. Iowa had 2 1000 yard rushers. What's the next idiotic thing you have to say?

Teams stacked the box the entire year last year. Iowa had 2 1000 yard rushers. What's the next idiotic thing you have to say?
NO they did not. Beathard went 3rd round for a reason. He could throw and I expect him to have a fairly long career in the NFL. Your next QB will be a big step backwards at first.

Reactions: RMHDBAG
NO they did not. Beathard went 3rd round for a reason. He could throw and I expect him to have a fairly long career in the NFL. Your next QB will be a big step backwards at first.
You're clueless. One of the reasons I pay for the premium board

Not going to argue with u there proud father. All cyclones have disowned u. Which for that pathetic little brother fan base that tries to cling to Iowa should say something. Dude you have been buried by even the worst posters and more importantly you have your son to live through by a picture in a tank top. Dear God buddy, come on. Have a great weekend.

You are right beathard could throw! But to who vandenburg got hurt in the 3rd week.. kittle was hobbled most of the year.. there was 3 games last year where Iowa didn't throw for over 100 yards.. you could say Iowa state did see Iowa at full power last year.. and it wasn't close. Heck we even lost our 2 best o-lineman in that game. But you can't say weigers or Stanley is worse, because you don't know, and from everything I've heard from the coaches they actually have better arms, if there is one other wr step up beside vandy iowas passing attack will be ok.

Opponents had no respect for Iowa's passing game last season. Outside of the Iowa State game, where Iowa torched the ISU D for many big passing plays 2 of which were TDs in the endzone about 15 yards away from my seat, Iowa's passing game was awful. Iowa's best WR options were Wadley out of the backfield or Fant who was about 30 pounds undersized for an Iowa TE. CJ is a really good QB but he was hobbled most of the season and had no one to throw to.

Teams that didn't have starting QBs playing linebacker in a conference that actually plays defense tried stacking the box against Iowa last year and couldn't slow down the running game. Iowa's OL will be better this year than it was last year and the RBs will be bigger home run threats. Inexperienced QBs (not name Jake Christensen) have never been a problem for Iowa.

I don't think Oklahoma has the academic chops to be added to the Big Ten. Missouri would have but that ship sailed when they joined the SEC, and I don't see any realistic possibility of the Tigers leaving that league.

There is an article floating around, not sure if it is in this thread or not, about OU drastically improving their academic standing in the last decade or two. One 'ranking' I checked had them right there with ISU and UNL. If they continue to improve over the next 5 years, their academics should be good enough to justify adding them to the B1G. I think they are working towards an AAU membership which would be a slam dunk for the B1G. According to @SoDakHawk OU to the B1G is a done deal.

What's up - great question. Now, Texas fits the model but Okie does not. I have always said, which will never happen, is Texas and ND to Big 10 and close up shop then. OKIE and Okie St to the PAC 10 or SEC. Okie still plays Texas every year OOC and ND plays USC OOC. Those are the main rivals for both schools. If that happens, besides KU basketball, there is not another marketable program in that entire Big 12 conference. I mean seriously, remove Texas, Okie and Okie St and KU because of basketball there is not only zero left athletically but also academically and not any TV screens or fan recognition. This is what ISU idiots don't get. The Big 10 is the king and Iowa is firmly entrenched. Where the hell would OSU or Michigan go? They can't go anywhere to make more money. Michigan is tied to MSU and OSU, plus you have national brand names with PSU, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota and huge TV markets with Maryland and Rutgers and a top private school in Northwestern who goes to bowl games each year and made the NCAA tourney. I could go on and on like Indy and Purdue basketball tradition, etc. but point made.

Texas is a perfect fit for the B1G in everything except location. Adding Texas and OU would be a home run as far as expansion is concerned. The ND ship has sailed.

Like you said, outside of Texas and OU (and KU basketball), there are no marketable programs in the league. WV could be but they seem to be the red headed step child that nobody else wants. TT, TCU, and Baylor (Baylor, what a cesspool of humanity) are all second rate schools in their own state to Texas and Texas A&M. Speaking of second rate schools in their own state, I'm looking at you Iowa State, Kansas State, and Okie State.

LOL! So the first few years don't count. Heck, Chizik beat Iowa with 5 fgs.

Always funny talking with ISU fans. Iowa fan brings up B1G titles, Orange Bowls, top-10 finishes, player awards, coaching awards, etc. from the early 2000s and ISU fan says that stuff is ancient history and Iowa fan is living in the past. Then ISU fan brings up KF's record vs. ISU, even though 5 of those losses happened even longer ago, back into the 90s.

Reactions: Ree4
Always funny talking with ISU fans. Iowa fan brings up B1G titles, Orange Bowls, top-10 finishes, player awards, coaching awards, etc. from the early 2000s and ISU fan says that stuff is ancient history and Iowa fan is living in the past. Then ISU fan brings up KF's record vs. ISU, even though 5 of those losses happened even longer ago, back into the 90s.

When talking isu Iowa series it's funny they only look back from 98' on and incorporate those years. Can't go back 5, 10, 15 or even 25+ years. Just got to rope in that 5 year window with that win streak cause only way they are even.

Tell any of this to the University of Michigan, especially the bit about experienced QB throwing to open up things for Wadley.

Oh I'm sorry, for a moment I had you confused with someone who rooted during games past mid-September. We do this thing here where we continue to play. There's a league and everything! And if you do real good you get to do games like Orange Bowls and Rose Bowls! Mostly it's the darn Outback Bowl though. Yeah, yup, just like the restaurant! You should so try that some time! Win 9 games.

Oh.

8 then? They have funny names - we did the TaxSlayer after a mediocre year once!

Oh.

7?? Seriously dude I'm beginning to worry. This is pretty much the cutoff! As long as you don't need to do anything too crazy like DOUBLE your average win total or something you'll see what I...

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Ummmmmm...gift card to Outback sound good? You know, that big onion? Sorry man, even you have to admit this is pretty f***ing awkward.

When talking isu Iowa series it's funny they only look back from 98' on and incorporate those years. Can't go back 5, 10, 15 or even 25+ years. Just got to rope in that 5 year window with that win streak cause only way they are even.

Yes, the only time frame than any ISU fan will use is the one beginning with precisely 1998, the first year of the 5 game streak. That streak happened, and is the high point of the ISU football program. Either that or the 2000 Insight.com Bowl victory over Pitt, one of two bowl wins over FBS teams (2009 Minnesota, also Insight Bowl, by a score of 14-13) in the entire ISU program history.

Though I don't particularly like ESPN I do watch college football on their channels (I also watch games on Fox Sports, ABC, CBS). This, as always, has to do with $.
I remember growing up watching the Hawkeye basketball team in the days when there wasn't ESPN and had their own contract with...help me out...I can't remember what the outfit was, but it was on regular TV. I never thought growing up we would have to pay for TV. They did in England and my thought back then was what idiots would pay for TV? Well, I guess I'm an idiot.
http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...espn-woes-problems-iowa-iowa-state/310892001/
Raycom

LOL! So the first few years don't count. Heck, Chizik beat Iowa with 5 fgs.
Are you that obtuse? Yes, the recent past is more indicative of the Hawks vs ISwho series (as I've already explained in my prior posts). It's like I'm talking to a 4 year old.

Are you that obtuse? Yes, the recent past is more indicative of the Hawks vs ISwho series (as I've already explained in my prior posts). It's like I'm talking to a 4 year old.
No. Let them choose when it really began being relevant. When they say 1997, drink a beer. When they lie and say it's because 20 years is a perfectly round number, drink a beer.

Then say this: Gee whiz, 97? Why start the moment we got bad and you got good?

The only POSSIBLE response to this is, *Shut up, condescending prick*. But that won't happen. Ever. They will get flattered. They will turn civil every time. Most of the time they will humbly downplay their good era.

Little Brother doesn't cut it anymore. I could at least beat my older brother at HORSE occasionally without requiring him to go into a 3-year coma first.

Sally. We should call them Sally. Nobody has ever lost anything, ever to anyone named Sally.

Yes, the only time frame than any ISU fan will use is the one beginning with precisely 1998, the first year of the 5 game streak. That streak happened, and is the high point of the ISU football program. Either that or the 2000 Insight.com Bowl victory over Pitt, one of two bowl wins over FBS teams (2009 Minnesota, also Insight Bowl, by a score of 14-13) in the entire ISU program history.
Seriously, this is sad. Tragic, even. Not 20 minutes ago I was asking how the hell Missouri fell all the way down to the Insight.com bowl. Iowa fans will remember this as, out of all the disappointments, the SINGLE most disgraceful season ever for us. First off, no, I don't remember if we won or lost the Iowa St game. But I do remember returning everyone except some key offensive linemen. Usually a big deal but it didn't reflect in Stanzi's numbers nor the RB-Committee. Then we got leveled during the layoff before the bowl game by suspensions. We were already playing a highly ranked team boasting Gabbert and we go and lose half our impact players. Disgraceful, seriously.

BTW, we won. You obviously remember, but I felt the sudden urge to mention that before hitting post. Let the music play.

Iowa fans will remember this as, out of all the disappointments, the SINGLE most disgraceful season ever for us.
Most disgraceful? Nah, man, remember 2012? Or the pre-Fry years? Or losing at home to Western Michigan on Senior Day to miss a bowl game? Or losing to a lower division team?

Most disappointing? You have more of an argument there.

No matter a person's feelings about ESPN, I'm not sure how this can be right. Competition for CF TV rights drives the money up. The loss of a major contributor means less competition. How does it help CF?

because it would be less likely to become NFL Lite.

Less money in college athletics is good for the fans. Let's keep it amateur.

Less money for the Bama's and O$U's is good for competition for the rest of us.

[QUOTE="Phenomenally Frantastic, post: 4347008, member: 14500"
Less money in college athletics is good for the fans. Let's keep it amateur.

Little late for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT