ADVERTISEMENT

Petras isn’t getting good coaching

Can you imagine what he’s going to look like when he’s being pounded by Badgers play after play? He might take of running before he even gets the snap. Or, just find the laces and chuck it.

I worry every time he throws the ball. Has he thrown a ball away yet?

uh, numerous. There were at least 2 on Friday and probably 10-12 on the season. His best decision/throw in the entire Minnesota game was a throw away. When he was about to be sacked.

In defense of all involved, there has not Gwen much time for “coaching” since the Biwl gave... I am willing to see wat development occurs with a Soring, sumner and Dall camp under his belt,
Your spelling coach take the day off?

Reactions: BBHawk
In defense of all involved, there has not Gwen much time for “coaching” since the Biwl gave... I am willing to see wat development occurs with a Soring, sumner and Dall camp under his belt,
Your spelling coach take the day off?
Let me translate:
In defense of all involved, there has not been much time for “coaching” since the Bowl gave... I am willing to see what development occurs with a Spring, summer and Fall camp under his belt.

Let me translate:
In defense of all involved, there has not been much time for “coaching” since the Bowl gave... I am willing to see what development occurs with a Spring, summer and Fall camp under his belt.
I still understood it.

Reactions: BBHawk
He has made at least a couple of good throwaway decisions in his 6 games (credit when it's due). I thought he was making another one yesterday in the 2nd half only to see him underthrow to Laporta that was close to a pick. It was one of those "throw it away, throw it away, good job he's throwing it away, then Noooooooo!" moments.

I want the kid to be a 1st Team All-American, but right now I'd settle for a run of the mill so-so DI QB.

Right now he sits at 106th of 111 spots for NCAA Passing Efficiency. That seems like it's not a good place to be.........
What are the chances of Petras moving up??? It's hard to believe our QB is one of the worst in the country. I think all the other QB's will have the game slow down for them as well, so the chances of moving up very far would be difficult.

Agree, and it's not just WI in 2 weeks. With KF's track record of not giving backups an opportunity, it's NW, MI, PSU, OSU,WI, Purdue and probably IN for the next 3 years.

And Padilla and Hogan are seeing the same things we're seeing. How do you think they see their future when they're getting no chance inspite of this shi_tshow and knowing KF's track record over the years in not giving backups a chance?
All indications are the Hogan will need at least 6 more mos to get enough of the playback to be ready

The most disturbing play from the little Debbie game was the wide receiver screen where he threw it at the receivers feet. It looked so awkward. He can't be so uptight and afraid.

Can't coach athleticism. However, coaches CAN start recruiting the position differently.
Petras looks like a linebacker could end him on any given play, and it seems obvious that is exactly what is in his head. He may have an arm, but his general athleticism just isn't going to make a good college quarterback. ------And I wish Iowa would look for players that can excel at the college game. Don't care if they ever play a down in the NFL.

ND's Ian Book yesterday? Sure, he's had a lot of starts, but still, it's worth watching just to see how far SP has to go.

Reactions: David1979
Bad or no QB coaching is on that permanent list of KFz shortcomings
I would agree even though we currentry do have an NFL guy doing it now .
I would agree that we have never had a former college/pro QB as a designated QB coach , arguably the most important position on the field yet we have 3 guys coaching on offense with that type of O- line experience.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
Petras has happy feet when he set up to throw. Ho usually throws to his first option and only looks at th other options if 1st option is covered. he goes into panic mode if 1st option isnt available .He scrambles when he doesnt have to. He plays scared to death. The game is still going to fast for him

The most disturbing play from the little Debbie game was the wide receiver screen where he threw it at the receivers feet. It looked so awkward. He can't be so uptight and afraid.
That was the one to BS I think. Even if Smith catches that ball the play is dead because of wear it was thrown. A good throw and the play gets good yards.

Ferentz has always annointed the next qb in advance. Rattler would be riding the pine, we've seen this movie before.
Spencer has more picks than TD's.
It's pathetic.
Not bothering to look it up but he has like 4-5 td passes in six games? Anyone else worse in the country in D1?

Last edited:
Reactions: fezzador
Ferentz has always annointed the next qb in advance. Rattler would be riding the pine, we've seen this movie before.
Spencer has more picks than TD's.
It's pathetic.

He could easily have several more picks. In fact, as inconceivable as it sounds, he actually seems to regress with each game.

Reactions: Sett1997
By no means is this guy an elite quarterback, but Joe Flacco will always sit in the pocket — cool as a cucumber — as chaos surrounds him and the walls are caving in. I bring this up, because I honestly believe this is a skill that can’t be taught. Some guys are just built to be fearless in pressure situations — and others, like Petrafied, simply aren’t.

Reactions: David1979
Kirk just joked in the Illinois post game interview with Eddie and Dolph that going to Wildcat with Goodson didn't count as a QB Change. He hears the noise ... :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT