ADVERTISEMENT

Pew pew pew Buffalo, NY- why was this thread closed

Well one person's radicalization is another person's opinion. At what point is someone radicalized or just doing it for the lol/venting. If we called these shootings post birth abortions. Maybe Alito could find something from the 1200's French court.
Right, yeah, I don't know that you could make the radicalization argument. Probably not admissible information even as an ancillary argument for denial of gun purchase.

Reactions: tumorboy
Right, yeah, I don't know that you could make the radicalization argument. Probably not admissible information even as an ancillary argument for denial of gun purchase.
Scary thing is ICE, NSA, FBI, etc. Probably have access to enough information already to predict who are threats and not to be allowed firearms.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Roughly what % of white people in the 1800's owned slaves in America?
What % of white people benefitted from the economic system of slavery? Otherwise even if they didn't like it they tolerated it and benefited.

Yeah, that's a big problem. Do they just go further underground or scatter about. I think, generally, we're stuck in a world where almost any piece of information can be shared with anybody. We have to learn to adapt to our new reality.

I guess the argument here would be one of difficulty of access to information/communication like this. That if you have to jump through enough hoops you'll see fewer incidents like these.

That said... it becomes a bit of an evolutionary battle.

I think the web is going to evolve towards more completely secure, anonymous content & communication, not less. And as the web becomes evermore entwined in the fabric of our society we'll only know better how to navigate it. I think the government can give chase, for a while, but ultimately the web wins. (which you could still argue is a good thing, overall)

I think that is about the only argument too, but the internet is good about leaving breadcrumbs around so if someone wants that stuff they will get there.

It will be interesting to see the encryption debate in the coming years. I am hoping we can maintain some of our remnants of privacy, but if I had to guess someday there will be a tragic event in which the government makes a law that mandates they have access to be able to decrypt communications and data and control and remove entities from DNS, app stores, etc.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Chode, my bad usually ignore him. Something something how many white folks owned slaves etc. As a defense for them.
I love that one. Classic.

CSB:

I visited an old wealthy family’s estate in NC that owned slaves and the people there doing the tour were justifying slavery talking about how well they were treated.

Reactions: tumorboy
I love that one. Classic.

CSB:

I visited an old wealthy family’s estate in NC that owned slaves and the people there doing the tour were justifying slavery talking about how well they were treated.
Go to George Washington's home. Here's the room where they pulled out the best slave's teeth for George and family's replacements.
Bill O Reily had a nice segment on how well the slaves that built DC were kept. Which were at complete odds with Abigail Madison's accounts. You know the first lady who was present for the construction of the White House. Yet people read Bill's series like it wasn't historical fiction. Crazy.

What % of white people benefitted from the economic system of slavery? Otherwise even if they didn't like it they tolerated it and benefited.
You bring up a great point - every single one of us lives in the government's system of economic slavery via taxation and inflation, just fyi.

In fact, I'll bet you're mentally gearing up for a another shitty day at work tomorrow just to feed your family.

But let's stay focused on 1866.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You bring up a great point - every single one of us lives in the government's system of economic slavery via taxation and inflation, just fyi.

In fact, I'll bet you're mentally gearing up for a another shitty day at work tomorrow just to feed your family.

You are free to leave for a more accommodating government without taxes or inflation slavehawk

Reactions: RileyHawk

Sorry of making the mistake of dropping in on one of your feel facts. Really don't care about anything u post. Have a lovely day.

Sorry of making the mistake of dropping in on one of your feel facts. Really don't care about anything u post. Have a lovely day.
But I think you do care. I guarantee you'll be thinking about me while you're working your ass off tomorrow.

Go to George Washington's home. Here's the room where they pulled out the best slave's teeth for George and family's replacements.
Bill O Reily had a nice segment on how well the slaves that built DC were kept. Which were at complete odds with Abigail Madison's accounts. You know the first lady who was present for the construction of the White House. Yet people read Bill's series like it wasn't historical fiction. Crazy.
That sounds just horrible! They aren't still doing that in 2022, are they.....you know 250 years later??! I wonder how the North American Native Americans treated their slaves at the time?? How did the American slaves, treat their slaves back home in Africa before they themselves became slaves? Lastly, on a historical global basis, how were slaves treated in comparison to the relatively short window of slavery in America? Is the evil white man of North America the last group of scoundrels to escape the payment of "reparations?" Hard questions, I know, but try to reply with something better than "white man bad."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
That sounds just horrible! They aren't still doing that in in 2022, are they.....you know 250 years later??! I wonder how the North American Native Americans treated their slaves at the time?? How did the American slaves, treat their slaves back home in Africa before they themselves became slaves? Lastly, on a historical global basis, how were slaves treated in comparison to the relatively short window of slavery in America? Is the evil white man of North America the last group of scoundrels to escape the payment of "reparations?" Hard questions, I know but try to reply with something better than "white man bad."
Lol. You are…unique.

Look, I think the solution is rather simple. Even if gun laws can't be tightened, there has to be better traceability on gun sales and transfers, including at unregulated gun shows and family hand me downs. And, a minimum test to prove that you are mentally sane. That's not asking for much, nor does it infringe the 2nd amendment.

My guess is that many knew this guy was nuts, including his parents, siblings and members of the community. Someone should have said something. This is a repeating pattern in mass shootings.

Reactions: sober_teacher

Are you prevented from leaving the US?

Really stupid comparison, even for you.

Oh and BTW that lunatic killed an old lady who volunteered at a food pantry every day for like 25 years

this is what you call far right racist white supremacy folks

That sounds just horrible! They aren't still doing that in 2022, are they.....you know 250 years later??! I wonder how the North American Native Americans treated their slaves at the time?? How did the American slaves, treat their slaves back home in Africa before they themselves became slaves? Lastly, on a historical global basis, how were slaves treated in comparison to the relatively short window of slavery in America? Is the evil white man of North America the last group of scoundrels to escape the payment of "reparations?" Hard questions, I know, but try to reply with something better than "white man bad."
Was replying specifically to one person's talking point about slavery in the 1800's that's all. Nothing more. Have a good one.

You have have a difficult time naming countries where slavery wasn’t part of their past.

most countries fazed out slavery because it didn’t work from an economic perspective. Rarely was it some noble movement.

Lol. You are…unique.
Ya know...........he's a bit crass with how he gets the point across, but, in this particular instance....he isn't wrong.

Go ask the Egyptians how they managed the largest slave group ever known to man kind. I think that's his point. America wasn't the first to own slaves. They were likely the last. (if you don't count the Cartels).

Mike

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT