ADVERTISEMENT

PG Noah Hutchins from NY

This guy has been mentioned by a poster who is someone Iowa is looking at.

Thanks Perry. I really like Noah's tape. I don't know about the competition, but he seems to bring a lot of what Iowa needs--he can take the ball to the basket, sees his teammates and delivers dimes. He also has really nice length and takes pride in playing defense (a novel thing to see on a highlight tape). The tape didn't show his outside shot, but he can score at the basket and uses both hands very well.

I hate to say it, but both of these guys "look" like better players than Locure. They are both athletic, taller, and play with good effort on defense.

Beverly's tape looked a lot better than the NY kid....and now I understand why. He's a MSU lean. Ugh.

Is Hutchins only 5-11? He looks taller on his tape. Beverly is taller and definitely likes to take it to the hoop. Either look like pretty good fall backs or additions to Carton.

What happens when you offer a kid like this, he commits and then one of the other guys want to come and we don't have room? That's why you can't offer all of them.

It would not be such a bad thing if we got two guards in the 2019 class, especially if Fran and Patrick are OK with using that scholarship for another player.

Reactions: KeyWest Tim
MSU just settled for $500 million for Dr. Nassar abuse, so they might not have as much money as normal to pay players.
Oh the money does not come from the school. It comes from "friends of the program".

If you get a chance to get a NY guard with that much talent and athleticism, You should offer. NY kid would bring what the Hawks sorely need at a leadership position like the point.. that is mental toughness and poise in physical games. If they offer and get Hutchins I would be very happy. Get Carton as well...wow.

Reactions: StinkyMcFadden
If you get a chance to get a NY guard with that much talent and athleticism, You should offer. NY kid would bring what the Hawks sorely need at a leadership position like the point.. that is mental toughness and poise in physical games. If they offer and get Hutchins I would be very happy. Get Carton as well...wow.

Who knew that Buffalo NY was such a hotbed for teaching mental toughness and poise?

Who knew that Buffalo NY was such a hotbed for teaching mental toughness and poise?
I think when most people think of New York Basketball they forget New York is a State and not just NYC. Not every kid grew up honing their skills in the street.

I want the toughness and leadership of a city kid like trey Dickerson

Leaders usually stay to finish their jobs. City kids usually have more competition, but I don't think it really matters. Larry Bird was from French Lick.
I think L. Wade brought up Dickerson because he was a NY PG, before one of his many stops. As the old saying goes, "When the going gets tough".....................

Oh I get it, every rural kid is Larry Bird now... See this game works both ways.

By the way, I researched this kids game a little bit. That’s where I got the toughness and poise from. And the fact that it’s a culture thing in basketball state wide in New York. No... it might not apply to every player all the time, but I believe even few reviews of state title tourney film might convince even the mightiest internet troll.

By the way Buffalo is not some utopia...and yes I was aware he went to Park high school there.

We've had some good ones, not the transcendent ones.

Last edited:
What happens when you offer a kid like this, he commits and then one of the other guys want to come and we don't have room? That's why you can't offer all of them.
You offer all of them. The first one that commits, you take and then alert the rest that they no longer have offers. Not rectal science.

Oh I get it, every rural kid is Larry Bird now... See this game works both ways.

By the way, I researched this kids game a little bit. That’s where I got the toughness and poise from. And the fact that it’s a culture thing in basketball state wide in New York. No... it might not apply to every player all the time, but I believe even few reviews of state title tourney film might convince even the mightiest internet troll.

By the way Buffalo is not some utopia...and yes I was aware he went to Park high school there.

So Utopias are bad for mental toughness, got it.

NO RECRUITING UTOPIAS!

I think when most people think of New York Basketball they forget New York is a State and not just NYC. Not every kid grew up honing their skills in the street.
Being a Buffalo Bills fan and losing 4 super bowls equal mental toughness

Exactly. Recruiting is easy. I used to sign the best class in NCAA on Xbox every year. No reason Fran shouldn't be able to do the same.
My comment had nothing to with actually getting them to sign. Just how you go about offering multiple prospects to fill one spot. How you got where you are from my comment is of your own making.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT