ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Parker Appreciation Thread

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
I know he is talked about a lot here but just wanted to post my apprciation for just how good Phil Parker is. As good as Norm was over the years, I would put Phil right with him or a bit ahead. Great recruiter, kids love to play for him, 5 years of < 20 points per game......2.8 ypc last year.........Just the best overall coach on the staff imo........

How quickly everyone forgets the Iowa defense have up a touchdown. Keep an eye out for my new site notmypp.com

Reactions: spiderland
he gets good players at every position without gaf about star rating, hones them into weapons, and puts together solid game plans. i am grateful he is at iowa and also thankful to kf for having the vision to give him that slot. It wasn’t all that clear to fans that pp was destined for greatness at ths dc slot when he ascended.

Reactions: IAGuy and Moral
Phil > Norm. The cash, blitzing, subbing from Base4 in passing downs...that is all stuff Phil brought to Iowa. Norm/KF were stuck in dark ages, its just the talent level of the 2004 and 2009 defenses was off the charts that enabled them to stay in Base4 and thrive.

Phil has put up several defenses that approach the Best of Norm's level and his evaluation of DB's is off the charts. Lets also not forget that Phils was DB coach under Norm and partially responsible for Norm's success.

Norm was colorful character and good at what he did...Phil is better, no slam to Norm.

If I was a HS defensive player anywhere in the country and had P5 offers I would be lining up to play for Phil Parker and getting the development for “the league”.

Reactions: IAGuy
Phil > Norm. The cash, blitzing, subbing from Base4 in passing downs...that is all stuff Phil brought to Iowa. Norm/KF were stuck in dark ages, its just the talent level of the 2004 and 2009 defenses was off the charts that enabled them to stay in Base4 and thrive.

Phil has put up several defenses that approach the Best of Norm's level and his evaluation of DB's is off the charts. Lets also not forget that Phils was DB coach under Norm and partially responsible for Norm's success.

Norm was colorful character and good at what he did...Phil is better, no slam to Norm.

I'm actually in agreement with you here. I didn't really think about it but you're right. And that's no slight at Norm. He was great.

Reactions: dbleagle1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT