ADVERTISEMENT

Philly Judge Who Resigned over Sex Scandal and Was Jailed for Lying to FBI Now Running for Congress

FAUlty Gator

HB Legend
Oct 27, 2017
...as the Dem Candidate. Will the "Higher Moral Ground" kick in for the Dems here, or has that card been played already? I was told by Lucas last week, on here, about this "New Brand of Democrats" that wouldn't support Bill Clinton now and wouldn't allow these types run for office anymore. I guess this guy will be an early test of that theory.

A former Philadelphia judge who was caught up in a ticket-fixing scandal, resigned over charges of sexual harassment, and was jailed for lying to the FBI, is now running for Congress as a Democrat with the slogan “A Fresh Start for Pennsylvania.”

Willie Singletary, a former Philadelphia Traffic Court judge, has announced his run for the First District seat currently held by U.S. Rep. Robert Brady, who is also chairman of Philadelphia’s Democratic City Committee, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Singletary, 36, has quite a record to run on. In 2013, he was caught up in a ticket-fixing scandal that prosecutors at the time said benefited only Philly’s rich and powerful and cost the city and state hundreds of thousands in unpaid fines.

The judge was later declared not guilty of the charges, but he was convicted of lying to federal authorities during the investigation. He served 20 months in prison for the conviction, ending his sentence in 2016.

Full article here:

https://truepundit.com/philly-judge...iled-lying-fbi-now-running-congress-democrat/

If it's legal for him to run, I guess I'm fine with it. But anyone that votes for him is an idiot.

It was legal for that scum bag Moore to run too. Was legal for Franken to remain in the Senate too. None of that mattered.

This is going to be very interesting. If the Dems just went through all of that stuff with Moore and Franken but let this guy sail on through after sending pictures of his junk to a city cashier, they should wear that every day on the Congressional floor.

Also interesting because he's black and the CBC may come to his defense and that would be popcorn grabbing time. We'll see how all of those "Moral High Grounders" like being called racist by Lee and Waters after suggesting he should bow out.

Let the voters decide.

It will be interesting to see if the GOPers who were saying that about Bama will still be saying (including Trump) it here and how many Dems will suddenly think they "shouldn't get involved."

Here is the difference, you won't see high powered surrogates coming in to campaign for him, and you won't see the party invest money in this race.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Here is the difference, you won't see high powered surrogates coming in to campaign for him, and you won't see the party invest money in this race.

How high are you right now?

Why are you being stupid and comparing the behaviors of Dems and GOPers? That's not what I'm doing, is it? No. I'm pointing the behaviors of the Dems who ripped Moore and Franken and asking for predictions of how THOSE SAME DEMS will approach Singletary. You know, "the New Democrats" you taught me about.

To be honest, I seriously hope you're right and this guy gets chased off the ballot. We don't need him anywhere near our government.

Um...it's the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY in PA DISTRICT 1...
The incumbent has been there for 20 years...
Singletary needs to make it about "giving a brother another chance" to have any chance in hell of winning...

It was legal for that scum bag Moore to run too. Was legal for Franken to remain in the Senate too. None of that mattered.

This is going to be very interesting. If the Dems just went through all of that stuff with Moore and Franken but let this guy sail on through after sending pictures of his junk to a city cashier, they should wear that every day on the Congressional floor.

Also interesting because he's black and the CBC may come to his defense and that would be popcorn grabbing time. We'll see how all of those "Moral High Grounders" like being called racist by Lee and Waters after suggesting he should bow out.
I thought Franken resigned. No?

Um...it's the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY in PA DISTRICT 1...
The incumbent has been there for 20 years...
Singletary needs to make it about "giving a brother another chance" to have any chance in hell of winning...

Yup. We are a long way from popcorn time. My guess is dems will work like hell behind the scenes to make sure he doesn't win the primary to avoid what I've been talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT