ADVERTISEMENT

Photographer accused of taking pictures up women's dresses at Omaha wedding reception

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
An employee of an Omaha photography and video business ran from a weekend wedding reception after he was accused of using a camera taped to the top of his shoe to take pictures from beneath women’s dresses.

A guest at the reception, Noe Martinez, 33, said he called police Saturday night after he noticed a photographer behaving strangely while standing near women in the buffet line at the Chance Ridge Event Center in the Elkhorn area.

“When my wife walked close to him, I saw (the suspect) taking small steps ... moving his foot under her dress,” Martinez said. “I pushed him away, and he ran into the kitchen.”

Martinez said he and another man followed the photographer to the kitchen and found him removing the camera from his shoe. The camera, he said, had been affixed to the man’s black shoe with black tape.

“The camera was hard to see,” Martinez said. “I saw the (shutter) open to take pictures.”

Martinez said he grabbed the camera and the man ran from the building. Martinez said he later talked with another photographer working at the reception who told him he had no idea what his co-worker had been doing.

Omaha police, who were called about 7:20 p.m., booked the camera into evidence along with several pictures of the suspect, who was not immediately located.

A man answering the phone at the photo and video business said the suspect did work there. The man said he was unaware of any disturbance at the wedding reception.

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/pho...cle_855028ce-6096-11e5-9eb0-6bb4861d2ea7.html

John Candy in Splash: When I have something that works for me I stick with it. Or, something like that is what he said in a similar situation.

I'd take that guy over the wedding photographers that need five minutes to get every picture ready.

Cut the guy a break, in Omaha he probably won't live long enough to have them printed anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT