ADVERTISEMENT

pick a player

I'll go with mitch king. We need a DT that can disrupt the play right away. I think he would put us in the 9, 10 win spot instead of the 7, 8 win spot.

I originally was thinking Gallery but then I thought about last year and how Scherff (#5 overall draft pick) didn't really mean extra rushing yards or additional wins

I think you have to pick a guy that is gonna touch the ball every play that can change the look of the offense

Nile kinnick. Skill player on offense, return man, depth in secondary and gives Iowa an actual quality punter.

Chad Greenway.

There isn't a single player that will rescue our offense this year, so I'd focus on shoring up the defense. As much as I would always love to have Bob Sanders back, I think our defensive backs are going to be at least decent this year. Our linebackers, however, appear to be our biggest defensive weakness. If we could shore up that group with a leader like Chad, I think we'd have a chance to be a top-tier defensive team. Then we'd have to pray that our offense can get its $hit together enough to score some points. Others may argue that a different linebacker would be better (e.g. Station, Angerer, etc.), and I'd understand those choices, but Chad was the first that came to mind. Maybe it's because we are contemporaries, or because he's just such a good human being, but I have a lot of respect for him both on and off the field.

Chad Greenway.

There isn't a single player that will rescue our offense this year, so I'd focus on shoring up the defense. As much as I would always love to have Bob Sanders back, I think our defensive backs are going to be at least decent this year. Our linebackers, however, appear to be our biggest defensive weakness. If we could shore up that group with a leader like Chad, I think we'd have a chance to be a top-tier defensive team. Then we'd have to pray that our offense can get its $hit together enough to score some points. Others may argue that a different linebacker would be better (e.g. Station, Angerer, etc.), and I'd understand those choices, but Chad was the first that came to mind. Maybe it's because we are contemporaries, or because he's just such a good human being, but I have a lot of respect for him both on and off the field.
I have a feeling our linebackers are gonna be good this year. Last year they were undersized. This year they seemed to have added some much needed weight. Also, i think Neimann will be great by the time he is done.
The biggest weakness is at DT. If we added a great DT to our defense that might be the difference.

I have a feeling our linebackers are gonna be good this year. Last year they were undersized. This year they seemed to have added some much needed weight. Also, i think Neimann will be great by the time he is done.
The biggest weakness is at DT. If we added a great DT to our defense that might be the difference.

I can see that. I guess I have more faith in the DL than LBs this year. And it was really Chad's leadership/experience that I was looking for, because the 3 Sophs we'll have there this year are lacking in both, from what I can see now. Having said that, we'll hopefully be talking about how that group is so great in 2 years. By then, however, it's looking like our DBs will be the ones lacking experience and leadership.

It's so frustrating to have our defensive units on this rotation, without ever having a season where all three units are all experienced and deep. Why can't we have that?!?

Reactions: Besthawkfan
Every other year I go with Bob Sanders. This year I to go with Gallery. That would allow Boone to slide inside and focus on mauling and getting some experience. A major upgrade in the run and pass game.

If we can't sustain drives not even Bob Sanders will save those defense.

Bob was one of the greats yes, but he was injured quite a bit also. I'd pick Tim Dwight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT