ADVERTISEMENT

Pick up the phone Fran

Contacting them is one thing, guaranteeing that they would start at the 1 and 5 and get all of the minutes that they can handle does not sound like Fran (and it shouldn’t). One of the reasons Joe T left is Fran would not tell him he would get 30 plus minutes a game. Why would Fran do that for these two?

Contacting them is one thing, guaranteeing that they would start at the 1 and 5 and get all of the minutes that they can handle does not sound like Fran (and it shouldn’t). One of the reasons Joe T left is Fran would not tell him he would get 30 plus minutes a game. Why would Fran do that for these two?
Yeah that's not how Fran will ever operate, so if Slater is correct in that these 2 want to start together than I doubt Iowa will make much traction. Fran isn't even recruiting guards at all from what I can tell.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
Yeah that's not how Fran will ever operate, so if Slater is correct in that these 2 want to start together than I doubt Iowa will make much traction. Fran isn't even recruiting guards at all from what I can tell.
It seemed like he recruited the Indiana guard, granted he wasn’t a true PG like Lofton is.
But yeah Fran isn’t going to tell a kid something like this, too loyal to his guys who’ve stuck with the program like Uhlis and TP, and I understand that, most coaches would not operate similarly.

In all fairness, I would rate Lofton significantly higher than Joe T.
The A10 is a great conference, Joe’s not on first-team 3 years in that league.

In all fairness, I would rate Lofton significantly higher than Joe T.
The A10 is a great conference, Joe’s not on first-team 3 years in that league.

That may be. I still do not see Fran guaranteeing either player a starting job and “as many minutes as they can handle” and I would not want him to do that. I would hope that no coach would do that, but I am not that naive.

ADVERTISEMENT