ADVERTISEMENT

Pigs Fly: CNN FINALLY Calls Out Dems for Hypocritical Stance on Political Violence

I really hope CNN shifts back to the center as advertised. They’re still the best in the business for breaking news….thought their initial coverage of the Ukraine invasion was fantastic.

Let MSNBC have the progressives and Fox have MAGA and sane people can have CNN 😀

I really hope CNN shifts back to the center as advertised. They’re still the best in the business for breaking news….thought their initial coverage of the Ukraine invasion was fantastic.

Let MSNBC have the progressives and Fox have MAGA and sane people can have CNN 😀
CNN is the only cable news I watch very much, and they still have a ways to go to come close to the center. If they get there, I'll agree with you.

Reactions: goldmom
With the additions of Wallace and Jonah, they have some traditional conservatives that people will listen to. They need to get rid of the other “republicans “ that are basically liberals

With the additions of Wallace and Jonah, they have some traditional conservatives that people will listen to. They need to get rid of the other “republicans “ that are basically liberals
I think there’s an appetite for some legitimate back and forth by folks in the middle. You just don’t see that very much anymore.

Basically just like minded people gravely nodding as the other people speak.

A little back and forth over issues would be refreshing IMO

They are in the center. I’m not sure what you mean, they consistently challenge Biden and offer republican viewpoints like Cupp. Used to have Santorum but that didn’t work out.

So you want FAUX news II. lol

Reactions: nelly02
Agree with 99% of this piece. The one issue where Gregory is flat out wrong-

You have to protect the Supreme Court as something that's above politics, even when there is politics involved in some of what they do, we gotta do that for their safety.”

They should not be treated any differently than anyone else in the political sphere.

Reactions: sober_teacher

CNN has never been anywhere near the center. They've moved slightly in that direction ever since Trump left office and their ratings fell off a cliff.

Reactions: 24 so far
CNN has never been anywhere near the center. They've moved slightly in that direction ever since Trump left office and their ratings fell off a cliff.
I’m not sure the ratings declined because of any perceived move to the center.
I prefer CNN for their superior presentation and handling of hard news events.

Reactions: GroupThink

CNN declined because they don't have Trump to kick around anymore.

No, I'm not saying the ratings declined because they moved to the center; more like they've moved to the center because the rating declined. The rating declined because their #1 content source was voted out of office and their viewers no longer felt the need to rush to CNN to have their opinions on Trump confirmed. They've creeped ever so slightly toward the center in hopes of picking up a few more centrist viewers. While Trump was in office, they didn't need the centrist viewer. Now that he's gone CNN can't fill a month of content on something as stupid as COVFEFE. Biden says things just as dumb (though not as many), but they're never going to hammer him on them like they did Trump.

No, I'm not saying the ratings declined because they moved to the center; more like they've moved to the center because the rating declined. The rating declined because their #1 content source was voted out of office and their viewers no longer felt the need to rush to CNN to have their opinions on Trump confirmed. They've creeped ever so slightly toward the center in hopes of picking up a few more centrist viewers. While Trump was in office, they didn't need the centrist viewer. Now that he's gone CNN can't fill a month of content on something as stupid as COVFEFE. Biden says things just as dumb (though not as many), but they're never going to hammer him on them like they did Trump.

My explanation was more succinct.

Well, at least there aren't Congressmen or women trying to say he was just trying to participate in legitimate public discourse or that he was just taking a stroll like a tourist.

Their ratings fell off the cliff because Trump left office and they couldn’t attack him 24 x 7 anymore. If they move to center, their ratings will go up. Most Americans are slightly left or right of center.

Reactions: goldmom
If news agencies need to worry about ratings, we have a serious problem. Sadly, they do worry about ratings and this, we do have a serious problem in that field.

If news agencies need to worry about ratings, we have a serious problem. Sadly, they do worry about ratings and this, we do have a serious problem in that field.

I didn't think we were supposed to politicize gun violence issues?

I didn't think we were supposed to politicize gun violence issues?

ADVERTISEMENT