ADVERTISEMENT

Pitbulls

Stoopsbrother

HB All-State
Sep 16, 2022
I am usually against a government ban of any kind, that being said I would be in full favor of a pitbull ban & extermination.

I have owned 2 of these type of dogs & they are sweet, loving & unpredictable.

Thoughts

Reactions: hawkosx
I am usually against a government ban of any kind, that being said I would be in full favor of a pitbull ban & extermination.

I have owned 2 of these type of dogs & they are sweet, loving & unpredictable.

Thoughts
I’m not in favor of a ban but hold owners accountable for the dogs actions, they should be treated as a weapon.

Last edited:
They need to go.
Had a sweet 110lb pit mix since he was 8 weeks old, ran him everyday, plenty of toys socialization, slept in our bed & kids beds, was great with us the kids & other dogs.
1 day he snapped & started growling & showing teeth to our kids, killed our in laws boxer.
put another dogs eye out a few weeks later, started going after neighbors jogging in our sub division, I put thar guy down, loved him to death but it wasn't worth the risk.

Had a sweet 110lb pit mix since he was 8 weeks old, ran him everyday, plenty of toys socialization, slept in our bed & kids beds, was great with us the kids & other dogs.
1 day he snapped & started growling & showing teeth to our kids, killed our in laws boxer.
put another dogs eye out a few weeks later, started going after neighbors jogging in our sub division, I put thar guy down, loved him to death but it wasn't worth the risk.
Wait your dog killed another dog and you still kept it for for several weeks?

I like the good Pitbulls and think it's tragic they've been adopted as the official dog of the ghetto.

That being said, they are dangerous.

Last summer, I was walking in a townhouse community and turned a corner and a man was walking a white Pitbull that must have been 70 pounds of solid muscle.

It was about 10 feet from me and stared at me. I said "Hello" to the owner and walked past.

It was pretty intimidating. If the dog attacked me, I'd probably still be in a wheelchair.

CSB.

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
Dog owners were the worst?

What do you mean?
Show up late to pick up their dogs on Christmas Eve or New Years. Run up a 3 week kennel bill then just abandon their dog. Lie about the dog's temperament, shots. Bring their dog to obedience classes, then not work with them on their own time after what they were taught, then want their money back because the dog was still spastic...

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
I own one that I fostered and rescued. She is the sweetest dog I've ever owned..that number is a couple dozen including farm dogs.

But I also understand why people fear them. I would be more in favor of banning puppy farms. Just my opinion. Not going to argue with anyone. I think its f*cking stupid to buy or sell a dog.

I own one that I fostered and rescued. She is the sweetest dog I've ever owned..that number is a couple dozen including farm dogs.

But I also understand why people fear them. I would be more in favor of banning puppy farms. Just my opinion. Not going to argue with anyone. I think its f*cking stupid to buy or sell a dog.

Pic of fostered pitbull?

Show up late to pick up their dogs on Christmas Eve or New Years. Run up a 3 week kennel bill then just abandon their dog. Lie about the dog's temperament, shots. Bring their dog to obedience classes, then not work with them on their own time after what they were taught, then want their money back because the dog was still spastic...

Wait, you talking about human parents or dog parents?

• Love
Reactions: hawksurprize
Did not see dog trainer coming......

This is true. They seem to nut in anything they can.

I did some consulting at one point with one of the doggy dna companies. Saw some generalized data - for valid reasons, don’t worry I didn’t see your dogs SAT score - and was amazed how pits are pretty much part of every swab. It’s crazy.

Reactions: millah_22
Wait, you talking about human parents or dog parents?
Dog Parents. Always had to plan our holidays around the dogs. You know a real kennel is 365 day a year job. Summer vacation time and all the holidays meant the kennel was full with extra work involved. She'd move dogs from inside to outside twice a day, rain or shine. Bathe, breed, board, groom and sell feed.

I did some consulting at one point with one of the doggy dna companies. Saw some generalized data - for valid reasons, don’t worry I didn’t see your dogs SAT score - and was amazed how pits are pretty much part of every swab. It’s crazy.
we did DNA through wisdom panel and my dog came back with a 1350 SAT and is 1/8 pit. you can sit it when he's panting but otherwise he's mainly treeing walker coonhound and red heeler.

Dog Parents. Always had to plan our holidays around the dogs. You know a real kennel is 365 day a year job. Summer vacation time and all the holidays meant the kennel was full with extra work involved. She'd move dogs from inside to outside twice a day, rain or shine. Bathe, breed, board, groom and sell feed.

Tough job for sure. I assumed it was like many teachers, they do it for the love of the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT