ADVERTISEMENT

Pizza Obsession

I haven't had the success you have but like you, I'm a tough critic. The recipe I used is from one of NYC's best pizza's (Roberta's) and is also on the NYT recipe page. I wish my oven could get up to 1000+ degrees. It would make it much easier.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016231-pizza-margherita?action=click&module=Collection Page Recipe Card&region=Our Greatest Pizza Recipes&pgType=collection&rank=1

It's really all about the dough.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016230-robertas-pizza-dough

Using that dough tonight. I'll report back.

Reactions: SI_NYC and GOHOX69
Totally forgot to take a picture , but the pan pizza was a success.

I used the Roberta’s recipe that was posted earlier, that’s usually my go-to. Made it Wednesday, so it proofed for two days. Today I stretched it out and let it rise in the pan for about an hour and a half. Cooked in the oven as high as it would go for about 15 minutes. Pretty damn good. It was a nice change of pace from the standard New York/thinner style we make.

For those interested, here’s the pan. It worked well. Definitely worth the $15 or whatever it was when I ordered it.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Anyone else obsessed making pizzas? Most of you know I am a scientist and I think that is a terrible profession for the kitchen. I am also OCD and a variety of other things. So lately I've been learning to make different pizza styles. I finally mastered NYC style for the home oven. Anyone want recipes, hit me up. Next is a clone of my childhood favorite, Rocky Rococo's, which is basically a Sicilian Pizza. Don't worry @torbee this summer, the qca is on the list. Ordered my malt from amazon!

So fellow pizza freaks, post away.
My buddy just bought $65 worth of bricks and slate, stacked them up appropriately in his driveway, and now has a 700 degree oven that he can take down when his wife comes home from travel. Awesome char

Last edited:
Reactions: SI_NYC and GOHOX69
I really liked the pizza and the dough. They weren't the prettiest but still tasted nice.

One pepperoni and hot honey and the other hot sausage, garlic and basil.

Love a little giardinara for garnish as well.

Anyone else obsessed making pizzas? Most of you know I am a scientist and I think that is a terrible profession for the kitchen. I am also OCD and a variety of other things. So lately I've been learning to make different pizza styles. I finally mastered NYC style for the home oven. Anyone want recipes, hit me up. Next is a clone of my childhood favorite, Rocky Rococo's, which is basically a Sicilian Pizza. Don't worry @torbee this summer, the qca is on the list. Ordered my malt from amazon!

So fellow pizza freaks, post away.

I ran across this, thought it might give you some ideas.

https://italybest.com/10-best-pizza-to-try-in-italy/

Reactions: GOHOX69
Pizza Blanco was creamy and amazing.

Pizza Blanco

The pepperoni pizza was bigger than my pizza steel and suffered polygonal shape failure.

Nevertheless, my dough recipe gives excellent extensibility, ease of use, hydration, oven spring, blistering and bottom side leoparding. You can just use a traditional indoor oven with a steel.

Pepperoni Pizza

ADVERTISEMENT