ADVERTISEMENT

Place Your Bets — A Wrestling for Life Fundraiser

slushhead

HR All-American
Mar 10, 2014
We can be assured there will be ugliness on the boards over the next several days as the big PSU vs Iowa dual comes and goes. But we can also do some good with our fanaticism and prognostications . . .

Wresting for Life could use our dollars, and it is a great cause. If you like putting your money where your mouth is and would like to do so on predicted outcomes in the PSU vs Iowa dual, I’d
like to suggest we try doing so here with proceeds going to Wrestling for Life.

We can be rivals and work together at the same time.

So, for example, I really like Kerkvliet over Cassioppi. Any takers for $50?

In my other gambling, i regularly (and happily) pay a victory tax.

If the Hawks win the dual, I'll do $50 to WFL. Alternatively, I'm willing to do a $10/match thing I.e., I'll pay $10 for each Hawk that wins, whoever matches me can do the same for PSU victories. Could add a $5 kicker for matches with bonus points too

Reactions: CowboyUp61
In my other gambling, i regularly (and happily) pay a victory tax.

If the Hawks win the dual, I'll do $50 to WFL. Alternatively, I'm willing to do a $10/match thing I.e., I'll pay $10 for each Hawk that wins, whoever matches me can do the same for PSU victories. Could add a $5 kicker for matches with bonus points too
Does WFL accept online donations? (I’m driving slush)

or, @just_somebody, we could just do a straight $10/$5 for each Hawkeye win. Max out of pocket would be $150, which I’d happily pay! I’m in for that!

Mike

Reactions: just_somebody

rzX.gif

Bumping this.

Come on Hawkeye fans, call out some of your “favorite” rivals for a wager for a good cause. Let’s make the dual of the year count for a lil’ something. There should be enough toss-up matches in this thing to facilitate a variety of bets.

Check out this most excellent sequence between @jmadden1998 and @82bordeaux to wager on every expected match of the dual. They can and will be a bl*st.

Bumping this.

Come on Hawkeye fans, call out some of your “favorite” rivals for a wager for a good cause. Let’s make the dual of the year count for a lil’ something. There should be enough toss-up matches in this thing to facilitate a variety of bets.

Check out this most excellent sequence between @jmadden1998 and @82bordeaux to wager on every expected match of the dual. They can and will be a bl*st.
I'm in for $10 for each Hawkeye win and and extra $5 for every bonus!

Z

Bumping this.

Do you realize you just outed @jmadden1998 on his own board? Now these guys will know he had the first overall pick in or bet and he selected....Aaron Brooks over Abe Assad. Not The Bull, not Kemdog, Oh the shame!
giphy.gif

I want to give. First person for each of these. $25 to WFL for each, unless otherwise noted. I’ll take the Blue side. Who wants Black?

1. Most total team TDs. $15 each if tied at 10 or under. $20 each if tied at 11 or over.

2. Most total team NF points. $10 each if tied at 0. $20 each if tied at >0 (hey, it’s worth the money to see a good show). Fall counts as 4 regardless of number of swipes before it in that move.

3. Most wrestlers with >=6 match points as the winner (no reward for guys if a catch/release happens somewhere unexpected). Fall counts as a bout with 6 or more regardless of what’s on the board. $10 each if tied at 2 or fewer. $20 each if tied at 3 or more.

No one from PSU to match Mike or I? I guessif it goes the way most PSU fans are saying, it could be a $150 night for them, and they must be afraid of that victory tax :)

Edit: Ill also kick in $20 for every bite mark that the Hawks hand out.

Last edited:
@GG121AND2 , where are your boys? I put up three basically 50/50 bets for review. They look more complicated than they really are - had to spell out tiebreaker-like details. All pay WFL even if they’re draws.

@GG121AND2 , where are your boys? I put up three basically 50/50 bets for review. They look more complicated than they really are - had to spell out tiebreaker-like details. All pay WFL even if they’re draws.
I like to pay for pleasure, I'd love to donate $150 tonight for Hawk victories.

If they manage to get shut out I'll be good for $50.

Consensus seems 125, 133, 141, and 174 are toss-ups. I’ll put up to $50 on 3 of the 4 going to PSU. Name your price and the 3 you like. If any of those 3 go to Iowa, I lose.

Double-or-nothing special: I’ll double my end of the wager if you can persuade @WWDMHawkeye to match your end. I pay 2x, or you and WWDM pay 1x each.

Hello, Slush​
pplogo-circletop-sm.png
PayPal
header-sidebar-left-top.jpg
header-left-corner.jpg
header-left.jpg
header-center-circle.jpg
header-right.jpg
header-right-corner.jpg
header-sidebar-right-top.jpg
header-sidebar-left-bottom.jpg
sidebar-gradient.png
You donated $50.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Donation Details​
Date:​
January 29, 2022​
Transaction ID:​
4577-7674-9813-xxxx​
Purpose:​
Wrestling For Life​
Donation to:​
Wrestling for Life​
Donation from:​
slushhead​
Donation amount:​
$50.00 USD​
Funding Sources Used (Total)
MASTER_CARD x-xxxx
$50.00 USD​
Amount you paid:​
$50.00 USD​
The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *WRESTLINGFO.​

You donated $50.00 USD to Wrestling for Life​
Donation Details​
Date:​
January 29, 2022​
Transaction ID:​
1375-5461-1292-9408​
Purpose:​
Wrestling For Life​
Donation to:​
Wrestling for Life​
Donation from:​
XXXXXXX​
Donation amount:​
$50.00 USD​
Funding Sources Used (Total)
VISA x-1178
$50.00 USD​
Amount you paid:​
$50.00 USD​
The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as PAYPAL *WRESTLINGFO.​

ADVERTISEMENT