ADVERTISEMENT

Places to eat/drink in Madison, WI

Derekd3408

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2011
I'm here until Friday training for the new job and need to get out of the hotel for a bit. Evening time only. Many thanks in advance and Buck the Fadgers. CEO is a big Badger fan so I'm going Hawkeye polo and socks tomorrow.

Reactions: torbee
THE TERRACE at UW student union!!!

Nothing comes close. Truly one of the most gorgeous, chill, interesting, welcoming, diverse, awesome places on the planet. I've been there two dozen times. Great beer list at the rathskeller. Hope they have Great Lakes for you to try. Great pizza inside. Homemade ice cream. Usually there's music on the stage. Sailing. Students. Great discussion and debate. Just outstanding. What America should be like everywhere. I'm jealous that you get to go this gorgeous evening. Toast a cold one to Tom Paine and David Graeber for me!

If you want to get drunk at a fun dive bar, go to Tully's II. I stayed right next to it last fall when I went up for the Wisky game. Interesting group of characters in there. And the bartender gave us some free shots for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Some of my off-the-beaten path faves;

The Weary Traveler on Williamson Street
Glass Nickel Pizza on Atwood Avenue
Greenbush Bar on Regent Street

A trip to Ale Asylum over by the airport behind E. Washington is always good too.

Have fun --- lots of great restaurants and bars up there.
@torbee, do you recall Headliners Lounge? Used to bring in fringe popular artists or declining in popularity groups…..place was fantastic! Well, anything on state street is fantastic after catching a buzz…..no matter how you catch it!

@torbee, do you recall Headliners Lounge? Used to bring in fringe popular artists or declining in popularity groups…..place was fantastic! Well, anything on state street is fantastic after catching a buzz…..no matter how you catch it!
Heck yeah!

I saw Queensryche there long after any popularity they had dissipated. Fun show.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Follow up @Derekd3408:

Where did you eat and how was it?
We ate at Buck and Honeys, Breakwater, and a bar and grill called Silver Eagle. All three spots were excellen. I had fish tacos at the first place, pesto alfredo at the 2nd and wings at the 3rd. Just got back into Madison for my final week of training, so I will probably try a couple of spots mentioned in this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT