ADVERTISEMENT

Planned Parenthood sold whole, dead babies to StemExpress.

IMCC965

HR Legend
Gold Member
May 12, 2009
North Liberty
Looks like PP allowed babies be born then killed them in order to get the freshest body parts with no messy crunching or crushing involved.

But I'm sure you progressives are OK with killing just-born babies. No big whoop, right? No wonder SE is trying to suppress the videos. This crap happens in third world countries, not the United States.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...t-intact-dead-babies-from-planned-parenthood/

Undercover investigator David Daleiden tells CNN the reason StemExpress is trying to suppress the video he took of its CEO on May 22 is because the company doesn’t want anyone to know it bought whole intact dead babies from Planned Parenthood.
Daleiden said on CNN, “In a meeting with their top leadership, they admitted that they sometimes get fully intact fetuses shipped to their laboratory from the abortion clinics they work with, and that could be prima facie evidence of born alive infants. And so that’s why they’re trying to suppress that videotape and they’re very scared of it.”

On May 22, Daleiden and his team had lunch with StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer and other senior personnel from the company that is the main buyer of freshly killed baby parts from Planned Parenthood. As the Center for Medical Progress has released videos, four so far, it is certain that anyone who met with Daleiden, who was posing as CEO of a fictitious company called BioMax, would become worried about what they might have said. Apparently StemExpress talked about things that may shock America and any future stockholders of the as-yet privately held company.
StemExpress filed a lawsuit against Daleiden earlier this week in hopes of stopping the video and other material from being distributed. They are claiming the meeting was confidential and that Daleiden signed a confidentiality agreement. A Superior Court Judge in Los Angeles rejected one claim by StemExpress outright on Monday evening, but ordered a very narrow temporary restraining order related to that one video on Tuesday.
It is now clear why StemExpress is fighting so hard to suppress the video.

Reactions: WORTHYWISH
I'll wait to see what a creditable non-agenda driven actual news organization says about this.

There is Something about this story that I don't understand. Why would PP bother with this? My understanding is the price on these babies is pretty low, like a coup,e hundred. So this isn't a plan to balance the books. PP knows they are under great scrutiny, so they know the risk to reward is high. There seems to be a lack of motive for PP to act as their detractors allege.

Catching up on the facts before this latest round;

http://m.snopes.com/fetal-tissue-sales/

Notice the point about collection of certain tissue.

"These cells are hard to isolate.....", read the article to understand.

Now notice the first sentence from the OP.

"Looks like PP allowed babies be born then killed them in order to get the freshest body parts with no messy crunching or crushing involved."

Notice the problem with that logic? You will if you read the article.

Reactions: nowalkin
There is Something about this story that I don't understand. Why would PP bother with this? My understanding is the price on these babies is pretty low, like a coup,e hundred. So this isn't a plan to balance the books. PP knows they are under great scrutiny, so they know the risk to reward is high. There seems to be a lack of motive for PP to act as their detractors allege.

The price isn't low at all. The problem is it is very expensive to harvest the proper (regarding "harvest", I'm not trying to sell one side or the other of the abortion conversation, so I'm not worried about proper terms. It sure sounds like harvesting to me.) cells. So just paying for expenses to do so can be extremely costly. The question is, did Planned Parenthood break the law and profit from the sell of tissue? And I think that is worth investigating.

Going of half-cocked and dropping funds? No, I wouldn't think that would be wise. Especially considering how "information" was obtained.

Dan....never question the intentions and motives of IMCC. Never. Look up "truth in your Funk and Wagnalls....you will see IMCC's pic next to the definition.

Question everything. :) (I know you are just being facte, fasietios, silly.) But yeah, with the every four year rush to spin things coming, it's time to dig out the old "Believe Nothing" posters.

The price isn't low at all. The problem is it is very expensive to harvest the proper (regarding "harvest", I'm not trying to sell one side or the other of the abortion conversation, so I'm not worried about proper terms. It sure sounds like harvesting to me.) cells. So just paying for expenses to do so can be extremely costly. The question is, did Planned Parenthood break the law and profit from the sell of tissue? And I think that is worth investigating.

Going of half-cocked and dropping funds? No, I wouldn't think that would be wise. Especially considering how "information" was obtained.
What was PP being paid? I was under the impression the video showed a price of a couple hundred.

What was PP being paid? I was under the impression the video showed a price of a couple hundred.

"The effort is reflected in the pricing: a vial containing five million frozen fetal liver CD133+ stem cells can cost more than $24,000", that's from the link I provided.

"The effort is reflected in the pricing: a vial containing five million frozen fetal liver CD133+ stem cells can cost more than $24,000", that's from the link I provided.
How does that break down per baby? Is PP even making these vials? Don't they sell the raw materials to the stem cell company who makes them? Don't they sell these parts for a pittance that covers their cost?

How does that break down per baby? Is PP even making these vials? Don't they sell the raw materials to the stem cell company who makes them? Don't they sell these parts for a pittance that covers their cost?

You should read the link.

RAW MATERALS??!! It's a child, not ore for making steel. Holy crap, what's wrong with you people?

I suggest that this is one of those conversations where steel cold reserve is required to get a point across. We can easily go off on what words people use to describe procedures, but where does that get us?

Reactions: UIHawk64
Good luck finding any main stream media that can do that. Liberals going to be liberals

Don't give up. In one minute I found some very good information on Snopes that sure doesn't appear to be biased one direction or the other, at least to me.

And wow, if there was ever a subject that will require complete facts, no sugar coating or added ingredients, this is it.

From what I can tell. Planned Parenthood may or may not have sold for profit (illegal) human tissue samples from aborted fetuses. If so, wow there should be Hell to pay. The problem is, the information was gathered in such a way and by persons involved in previous suspect "investigations" such that it is wise to question their creditability. As I mentioned, a real investigation by legal authorities is certainly wise. By the way, that may mean some people who did their own little schemes to get at facts might be in some trouble as well.

The whole thing is a wire about fifty feet in the air with no net. And persons on each side are sure not of a mind to help anyone balance while up there. But as it stands, PP could legally sell extracted cells from a fetus, just not for profit. Like, not like, that much is true. I believe it required permission from the potential parent.

Some will say that's not only allowing a baby to be killed, but a Draconian use of their dead bodies. Others will say those babies were aborted legally and with permission the tissues were sold just to cover expenses of retrieving them, for research into treatments and maybe even cures for several health issues.

I'll admire anyone who can stay on the wire on this one.

Reactions: nowalkin
You should read the link.
I did and the link supports my position as I read it. PP just hands over the "children" (see how dumb that sounds IMCC?) for a price not specified in the article. The prices you are giving are charged by StemExpress which has nothing to do with what PP made.

I did and the link supports my position as I read it. PP just hands over the "children" (see how dumb that sounds IMCC?) for a price not specified in the article. The prices you are giving are charged by StemExpress which has nothing to do with what PP made.

I went back, reviewed, and agree, the article supports your position. Here is the paragraph which threw me:

"Although some researchers may obtain fetal tissue directly from abortion clinics at their own medical facilities, others have to purchase it from middlemen who pay fees to providers such as Planned Parenthood for specimens and then resell those specimens to researchers."

For some reason I read that as sometimes the processing is done at PP, sometimes by a middle man. But, you know what, I'd love to see confirmation of this repeated as it pretty much means PP could be off the hook (terrible choice of words) if they indeed didn't charge more than a small sum to handle and prepare the (insert choice of word here).

Anyway, I do still feel that an investigation of PP's practices and frankly an "official" review of the methods that cause human tissue to reach research labs is in order. Better to have the information, than not.

Reactions: IMCC965
I don't get this outrage, even if PP is selling it for a profit. Any way you slice it, abortion is legal. Once the legal abortion is completed there are two choices 1) throw the fetus/tissue/baby (take your pick depending on your position) in a garbage can or 2) use it for a greater good in the medical research arena. It's weird to me that "pro-pre born" people aren't at least a little relieved that there is some good coming out of an abortion? Almost like an organ donor?

I don't get this outrage, even if PP is selling it for a profit. Any way you slice it, abortion is legal. Once the legal abortion is completed there are two choices 1) throw the fetus/tissue/baby (take your pick depending on your position) in a garbage can or 2) use it for a greater good in the medical research arena. It's weird to me that "pro-pre born" people aren't at least a little relieved that there is some good coming out of an abortion? Almost like an organ donor?

Take your logic elsewhere please. This thread is reserved for right wing outrage. Ramble ramble ramble.

tumblr_m97v9gKikH1rdqkdso1_500.gif

Ummmmmm...sorry but selling the tissue for a profit is illegal. Not saying that's what happened, but so much for your first two sentences.

Ummmmmm...sorry but selling the tissue for a profit is illegal. Not saying that's what happened, but so much for your first two sentences.
I'm just saying that even if they did sell for a profit (which is not clear by any measure), so what! The alternative is throwing the tissue away!!!

Take your logic elsewhere please. This thread is reserved for right wing outrage. Ramble ramble ramble.

tumblr_m97v9gKikH1rdqkdso1_500.gif

DanL's "Lean meter" goes 10 degrees right back to straight up neutral, and doesn't stop until 15 degrees to the right. Congrats, biggest jump yet. In fact, I'm tacking on another 15 degree swing to the right just for good measure. I can feel myself actually attracted to the likes of Jeb Bush!

Reactions: naturalmwa
I'm just saying that even if they did sell for a profit (which is not clear by any measure), so what! The alternative is throwing the tissue away!!!

That's not all you said. Respectfully, you mentioned abortion being legal as if that mattered. I happen to think it does. But then you go on to ignore the idea that it would be illegal to sell that tissue for a profit. That, by the way, happens to be a big part of this discussion.

Catching up on the facts before this latest round;

Notice the point about collection of certain tissue.

"These cells are hard to isolate.....", read the article to understand.

Now notice the first sentence from the OP.

"Looks like PP allowed babies be born then killed them in order to get the freshest body parts with no messy crunching or crushing involved."

Notice the problem with that logic? You will if you read the article.
Dan...there is no logic in this...those remains deserved a proper burial.

That's not all you said. Respectfully, you mentioned abortion being legal as if that mattered. I happen to think it does. But then you go on to ignore the idea that it would be illegal to sell that tissue for a profit. That, by the way, happens to be a big part of this discussion.
Fair point. I personally don't agree that it's "a big part" of the discussion. They're outraged that the parts are being sold at all (see Joni Ernsts comments). They're trying to make this into something bigger and are making outlandish claims in an attempt to defund PP. They aren't outraged over the legality, they're outraged over the idea of selling "body parts". I'm saying selling them for research is much better than throwing them in the trash.

You make a decent point about me being sensitive. As a father I don't find what you're saying appropriate. Joking about the sale of fetuses is really not anything anyone should lol at.

Yes, I am bias and I understand that. Howerver if you're going to joke about the sale of dead children the. My statement still stands: im glad you don't want to procreate with any women because I doubt you're fit to do so.

ADVERTISEMENT