ADVERTISEMENT

Play both Murrays together.

Now that we've seen the alternatives we don't have a center worth starting.

Need to fully commit to small ball.

Its the only thing that can make this a worthwhile season.
Totally agree. We are at our best in a helter skelter game. Both Murray’s are so good in the press. Frans teams honestly play better in spurts like Dr Toms teams. I think there are games Rabraca would be needed more but I’m with you. But I think we know the lineups are pretty much settled at this point by Fran unfortunately. Tonight he had no choice.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Totally agree. We are at our best in a helter skelter game. Both Murray’s are so good in the press. Frans teams honestly play better in spurts like Dr Toms teams. I think there are games Rabraca would be needed more but I’m with you. But I think we know the lineups are pretty much settled at this point by Fran unfortunately. Tonight he had no choice.
Im hoping even Fran can't be stubborn enough to ignore the fact that Kris is easily the second best player and possibly best rebounder.

He and Keegan playing together at the 4/5 obviously gives Iowa the best chance at winning on both ends.

Its just stupid to continue to spit in the face of reality.

Bring Rebraca in as their backup.

Kris looks just about like Keegan did last year.

Fran, your going to gain so much more than you lose by playing without a center this year.

Watch an NBA game.

For the love of God don't screw this up. You will never have this opportunity again.
Maybe don't change anything as far as starting both of them. This way you'll have a scorer on the floor at all times and when Keegan goes pro then Kris will want to improve his stock and stay another year.
Would hate to lose both of them at the same time. JMO

Im hoping even Fran can't be stubborn enough to ignore the fact that Kris is easily the second best player and possibly best rebounder.

He and Keegan playing together at the 4/5 obviously gives Iowa the best chance at winning on both ends.

He started Connor over Keegan all of last year, even when it was clear halfway through the season what kind of talent he had. Fran stubborn? Cmon.

Maybe don't change anything as far as starting both of them. This way you'll have a scorer on the floor at all times and when Keegan goes pro then Kris will want to improve his stock and stay another year.
Would hate to lose both of them at the same time. JMO
Starting both does not preclude always having one on the floor.

You can do both.

Top 2 players should be tops in minutes.

I’m think Kris instead of PMAC starting
Rebraca brings little offense off of the bench Patrick at least has a chance to score some points , change of scenery might do him some good he has been a non factor lately

Starting both does not preclude always having one on the floor.

You can do both.

Top 2 players should be tops in minutes.
Yeah, but we also know how rare that is. The only reason Kris gets 29 minutes last night is because Keegan was out. That probably won't happen again.

If the Murray twins are not 1-2 in minutes played per game (barring foul trouble of course) there needs to be an investigation.

Fran won't do it because......well he is Fran. It would be an admission of what he is currently doing is wrong. He takes it too personally and needs to put the best 5 on the floor to begin the game. How that is NOT both of the Murrays is way beyond me. Same thing in starting JBo. It makes zero sense other than he is stubborn. I am thrilled we won but I think with Fran, to him, it only proves he is right in what he is doing.

Those two young men start the game together you have a 50 point duo almost every night.

Well, we finally got to see what this team should have been from day 1.

Iowa has a unique advantage in the league and Fran just ignores it unless fouls or injuries force his hand.

Iowa could have made it next to impossible for big players to stay on the floor but instead Fran has allowed opponents to dictate the game.

He doesn't understand how matchups work and he doesn't understand modern basketball.

What a waste this year is.

Iowa has a unique advantage in the league and Fran just ignores it unless fouls or injuries force his hand.

Iowa could have made it next to impossible for big players to stay on the floor but instead Fran has allowed opponents to dictate the game.

He doesn't understand how matchups work and he doesn't understand modern basketball.

You are absolutely spot on! Iowa will never have back to back Lottery picks and Fran has not a clue how to use them. 🤦‍♂️

When you make the opponents big defend on the perimeter you win.

Its that simple.

Rebraca is to small to play in the post against big teams. It just ends up in a bunch of fouls.

Play the murrays together even when an injury or foul trouble aren't forcing you to*. Fran is self (son) serving bitch. Bump

Reactions: DewHawk

And you know what’s funny about that? Fran has been preaching for years about positionless basketball. You can honestly play the 2 Murray’s almost anywhere on the court except probably pt guard. But he has now decided that Kris is his backup Center pretty much exclusively and only really gets minutes when Rebraca is in foul trouble or injured.

Speaking of Keegan, does anyone else think he has lost his agressieness? Seems like he had one guy in front of him and an otherwise open lane to the rim, but just dribbled or passed it out front... This happened several times in this game.

Speaking of Keegan, does anyone else think he has lost his agressieness? Seems like he had one guy in front of him and an otherwise open lane to the rim, but just dribbled or passed it out front... This happened several times in this game.
Go back and look at our spacing on offense. We crowd each other or stand. You can hear Fran yelling for guys to move. Keegan will never force a shot and if there is a play call, he will try to run that before he looks for himself. So it is not lack of aggression, but trying to keep everyone involved on that end of the floor. He knows he can’t win it by himself and I let him know that he has to show trust in his guys for them to be confident. What good leaders do.

Go back and look at our spacing on offense. We crowd each other or stand. You can hear Fran yelling for guys to move. Keegan will never force a shot and if there is a play call, he will try to run that before he looks for himself. So it is not lack of aggression, but trying to keep everyone involved on that end of the floor. He knows he can’t win it by himself and I let him know that he has to show trust in his guys for them to be confident. What good leaders do.
Kenyon thanks for your response. I am not sure if you will respond but what are your thoughts on Kris playing more. Is Fran juat stubborn. I understand if can't answer.

I only see two options for lineups going forward. Either Kris plays at the same time as Keegan, or Keegan plays at the same time as Kris. Either is acceptable, nothing else is.
Also tired of hearing about Chris being inconsistent. Besides Keegan who hasn’t been on this team. There is nobody even close to his upside. Nobody. Deserves the 2nd most amount of minutes on the team. Play him anywhere. I don’t care.

Only thing Fran needs to do is manage foul trouble. I think Kris ended up with 4, with at least one that wasn't a foul. Kris just a lot quicker/more offense than Rebraca. Not that Rebraca isn't a decent player.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
ADVERTISEMENT