ADVERTISEMENT

Play call question

ICWestfan

HR Legend
May 26, 2005
Everyone here knows the WR bubble screen, correct? What is the play called where they fake the bubble screen and throw to the TE who is acting like he is blocking but is actually running a flag route. It hasn't been run much in KFz career but given the amount of throws to the TE's, why not run it?

Everyone here knows the WR bubble screen, correct? What is the play called where they fake the bubble screen and throw to the TE who is acting like he is blocking but is actually running a flag route. It hasn't been run much in KFz career but given the amount of throws to the TE's, why not run it?
Screen & Go or Bubble Go

Not related to the question, but it's always been odd to me that we don't throw to the RB more often out of the backfield.

Reactions: amahawk
Saving that play for Indy.....I can think of a few plays they've run a handful of times that have gone for big yards.....i think they sit on them and only use when necessary (whatever that is).....

Reactions: hawkhockey
I remember after that game they asked Dallas Clark if he had ever seen someone so wide open on a play, and he said something to the effect of yeah, Mo Brown at the top of the field on that play.
Barry must have been asleep the week before in prep.

O'keefe called it a few times over several years way back. You have a good question because just like the jet sweep action makes a defense stay home on the side the motion is going to then if you fake that block on the bubble screen half the time that should make the defense stay back, which would make your bubble screens more effective.

Good thought you had there and I wish my favorite teams would try that play a little more often.

Not related to the question, but it's always been odd to me that we don't throw to the RB more often out of the backfield.
As other posters have said in this thread the hawks do throw the ball to the running backs but I am with you that they need to do it more. I think they are the running backs because they are the best runners so get them the ball in space.

I Saturday's game there was one instance when Kaleb J was open by 20 yards over by the Iowa bench and Petras threw it elsewhere. It might have been completed but to me giving a great runner the ball with 20 yards to work with is a situation you dream about even if he is about at the LOS.

You mean the TD to LaPorta in bowl game last year vs Kentucky?

ADVERTISEMENT