ADVERTISEMENT

Play for next season NOW!

Hawk Writer

All-Conference
Feb 6, 2012
This season is toast even with our solid defense. Put #7 on the sideline and if you are not going to put in another QB run wildcat with RB’s. Give DeJean some snaps. This should have been the formation on 1st & Goal from the Illinois 5-yd line following the turnover. Just terrible use of the athlete’s standing on the sideline. #7 the 3rd year starter could not engineer a 5-yard drive…

This season is toast even with our solid defense. Put #7 on the sideline and if you are not going to put in another QB run wildcat with RB’s. Give DeJean some snaps. This should have been the formation on 1st & Goal from the Illinois 5-yd line following the turnover. Just terrible use of the athlete’s standing on the sideline. #7 the 3rd year starter could not engineer a 5-yard drive…
It was obvious that #7 shouldn’t have seen any meaningful snaps after his performance in the bowl game last year.

You don't play for next season ever in college sports. I don't even know what that means.

The seniors deserve to get some wins. This isn't an NBA tank-job. Not to mention the West is still in sight
Seniors deserve it? Petra’s deserves to sit on tue bench. He’s not getting better so you might as well develop someone else. Heck at least let another qb touch the ball in a game

Colby doesn’t appear to be the future RT. I would like to see him return to guard. He appears good enough to be the future RG. I believe that gives Iowa a solid 4 and then draw names out of a hat for the RT position.

Reactions: jhawk23
You don't play for next season ever in college sports. I don't even know what that means.

The seniors deserve to get some wins. This isn't an NBA tank-job. Not to mention the West is still in sight
Deserves has nothing to do with it.

And LOL at your “the West is still in sight” nonsense. Sure…..it’s still in sight…..barely visible thru a telescope.

I was hoping you apologists would at least wait a few days before showing your faces.

Seniors deserve it? Petra’s deserves to sit on tue bench. He’s not getting better so you might as well develop someone else. Heck at least let another qb touch the ball in a game
There are more seniors than Petras. Every player, regardless of class, deserves the best chance to win

The QB who will be the starter next year is not currently enrolled at Iowa so it is hard to "play for next year". Also, I suspect that any offensive playmakers that we have will just transfer.
Lol— Kirk will never ever play a true freshman qb

Reactions: Rustys Dad

Honestly, I wouldn’t even want to win the West this year. Going to Indy and getting drilled by 40 again could do more harm than good.

Labas should start at OSU, Iowa knows what they have in 7 and Padilla , Labas should be looked at as the 2023 Starter unless May or Lainez force Their way to the top of the Depth Chart, If status quo which is what We will see in the end in Columbus take OSU all Day long no matter how many points they are laying because at some point they will string some big plays and the Offence will set them up for gravy points. That Gme is going to be a bloodbath is they put 7 on the field in the Horseshoe with that HS OL line they are putting out there.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even want to win the West this year. Going to Indy and getting drilled by 40 again could do more harm than good.
It's unbelievable how dumb some people are. You have absolutely zero respect for anyone in that locker room. They are all working their asses of on a daily basis

This is exactly right. Insert some guys that are likely to play key roles in future seasons.

Get them game experience starting now -That includes QB. #7 himself should know the team needs to move on without him leading the offense.

It's unbelievable how dumb some people are. You have absolutely zero respect for anyone in that locker room. They are all working their asses of on a daily basis
I'm willing to bet my life that the players aren't patting themselves on the back for simply trying hard. They want to WIN.

Same goes for the fans - winning is the only acceptable outcome. And I say that knowing damn well that I would ACTUALLY accept a loss to a number of teams if Iowa played well and looked well-coached.

Not sure, considering these historically terrible Iowa performances, how you can simply look beyond and give credit for "trying."

One word for you: Loser. Get out of Iowa City, Brian.

I don't see it as playing for next season. Not at all. Making changes on offense is as much playing for now as playing for the future. Change the scheme. Simplify the blocking. Run some wildcat with DeJean. Get a new qb in with some mobility and use it.

I'm willing to bet my life that the players aren't patting themselves on the back for simply trying hard. They want to WIN.

Same goes for the fans - winning is the only acceptable outcome. And I say that knowing damn well that I would ACTUALLY accept a loss to a number of teams if Iowa played well and looked well-coached.

Not sure, considering these historically terrible Iowa performances, how you can simply look beyond and give credit for "trying."

One word for you: Loser. Get out of Iowa City, Brian.
I wasn't giving credit for "simply trying". I was responding to someone saying they don't even want Iowa to win the West. That is absolutely ridiculous. These players deserve every bit of success they can get. Is comprehending the posts written in this thread really that hard?

I wasn't giving credit for "simply trying". I was responding to someone saying they don't even want Iowa to win the West. That is absolutely ridiculous. These players deserve every bit of success they can get. Is comprehending the posts written in this thread really that hard?
What is the point of saying stuff like "players work their asses off every day"? It. Doesn't. Matter. What matters is the game-day performance.

Secondly: The staff should put the future on the field starting yesterday. Spencer = done. Ragaini = done. Get the young players out there b/c this season is essentially worth nothing at this point.

What is the point of saying stuff like "players work their asses off every day"? It. Doesn't. Matter. What matters is the game-day performance.

Secondly: The staff should put the future on the field starting yesterday. Spencer = done. Ragaini = done. Get the young players out there b/c this season is essentially worth nothing at this point.
You just murdered %100 of a post.

Evidently reading comprehension IS an issue for you, so I'll spell it out again for you. The players are working their asses off. Therefore, for someone (a specific poster) to not wish the success upon them would come with winning the West is completely disrespectful to the daily effort they are putting in. Got it?

Secondly: the only future that anyone in the locker room is looking toward is winning the West. It is well within reason.

Be a good fan and actually pull for the things the that the people in the locker room are pulling for. That's called support if you're still confused

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Colby doesn’t appear to be the future RT. I would like to see him return to guard. He appears good enough to be the future RG. I believe that gives Iowa a solid 4 and then draw names out of a hat for the RT position.
There is no one on the oline today that you could look at and say definitively "This guy is the future at X". Richman got schooled at LT yesterday as well. Either the oline is one huge recruiting miss or these guys need different coaching to develop them properly. This youth/inexperienced thing ain't cutting it anymore. It's college where the very best lineman only play for 2 or 3 years before heading off to the pros anyway. Dunker, and Stephens are very young still, but who's going to develop them? In the 2 deep Colby now has 19 starts under his belt. Richman is in his 3rd year with just as many. Elsbury is in his 3rd year. DeJong is in his 4th year with dozens of starts. Plumb and Fagan are 5th year seniors. Do any of these guys look like high quality lineman after years in this program?

Just wait this offense will be completely new and put up 35 on Ohio st. Then the rest of the year it’ll go back to trash city.
I actually think Iowa’s offense might put up numbers against Ohio State. Of course it will be in the fourth quarter when we are down 35 to 0. Then people will complain that our defense gave up 35 points to the best offense in college football. And the coaches and uninformed members of our fan base will insist there was “growth” from the offense when they put up a touchdown against Ohio State’s third string defense. 🤦‍♂️

KF already foked them by keeping bf and refusing to find a qb and ol in the portal.

he screwed the entire team and the fans! it was insanely obvious.

now even btn makes fun of us!!

a 3rd year starter and senior still has issues with his footwork

Reactions: Hawk Writer
When Petras was hit in the head I was hoping he wasn't hurt badly, but he would have to sit out the rest of the game. I felt bad even having that fleeting thought. I just don't know how much longer I can bring myself to watch him play. People complained about Stanley, but I think we would have at most one loss if we had a QB of his caliber.

They absolutely should be playing some other QBs and experimenting more on offense. Curiously, our best O last night was the hurry up no huddle. I don’t know why we didn’t give that a try to open up the 2nd half.
Yes. Spencer and the players calling plays and reacting in those scenarios. Hmm

You just murdered %100 of a post.

Evidently reading comprehension IS an issue for you, so I'll spell it out again for you. The players are working their asses off. Therefore, for someone (a specific poster) to not wish the success upon them would come with winning the West is completely disrespectful to the daily effort they are putting in. Got it?

Secondly: the only future that anyone in the locker room is looking toward is winning the West. It is well within reason.

Be a good fan and actually pull for the things the that the people in the locker room are pulling for. That's called support if you're still confused
Holy shit this is gold

Reactions: iahawks10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT