ADVERTISEMENT

Play for next season NOW!

It's unbelievable how dumb some people are. You have absolutely zero respect for anyone in that locker room. They are all working their asses of on a daily basis
Did I hit a nerve? It’s unbelievable how sensitive some people are. Of course the players are working hard and are deeply invested. I was a student athlete at Iowa and I know how much work is put into it. I, as a fan, don’t want to see them in Indy this year to get drilled by OSU or Michigan. No chance in hell this offense is scoring enough to beat OSU and another ass beating in front of a national audience would do more harm than good.

I want them to win out and go 9-3 and Ill be at the games cheering my ass off, but I wont be disappointed if they go 9-3 and Illinois or Purdue become OSU’s punching bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: blhawk
Then why would it be called "playing for next season"?

A long-successful, well paid coach seems to think the better chance lies with Petras
1u5zeo.gif

Colby doesn’t appear to be the future RT. I would like to see him return to guard. He appears good enough to be the future RG. I believe that gives Iowa a solid 4 and then draw names out of a hat for the RT position.
Great idea! Or, some coaching staffs may scheme protections to include a TE on the right or an additional OL. However, we do not appear to have the aptitude to think somewhat outside the box.

Did I hit a nerve? It’s unbelievable how sensitive some people are. Of course the players are working hard and are deeply invested. I was a student athlete at Iowa and I know how much work is put into it. I, as a fan, don’t want to see them in Indy this year to get drilled by OSU or Michigan. No chance in hell this offense is scoring enough to beat OSU and another ass beating in front of a national audience would do more harm than good.

I want them to win out and go 9-3 and Ill be at the games cheering my ass off, but I wont be disappointed if they go 9-3 and Illinois or Purdue become OSU’s punching bag.
Well I'm thankful you are no longer a University of Iowa athlete. Teams that dodge Alabama never end up playing Alabama

Last edited:
  • Haha
The QB who will be the starter next year is not currently enrolled at Iowa so it is hard to "play for next year". Also, I suspect that any offensive playmakers that we have will just transfer.
Who would that be. KF is going to start a true freshman QB? I don't believe it.

Reactions: Hammer93
Labas should start at OSU, Iowa knows what they have in 7 and Padilla , Labas should be looked at as the 2023 Starter unless May or Lainez force Their way to the top of the Depth Chart, If status quo which is what We will see in the end in Columbus take OSU all Day long no matter how many points they are laying because at some point they will string some big plays and the Offence will set them up for gravy points. That Gme is going to be a bloodbath is they put 7 on the field in the Horseshoe with that HS OL line they are putting out there.
My biggest worry is if Petras comes back for a covid year. Yikes!

When Petras was hit in the head I was hoping he wasn't hurt badly, but he would have to sit out the rest of the game. I felt bad even having that fleeting thought. I just don't know how much longer I can bring myself to watch him play. People complained about Stanley, but I think we would have at most one loss if we had a QB of his caliber.
Hardly any discussion about that play. What about concussion protocol. He should have been take out of the game to at least evaluate him for a concussion.

Reactions: Ignored
When Petras was hit in the head I was hoping he wasn't hurt badly, but he would have to sit out the rest of the game. I felt bad even having that fleeting thought. I just don't know how much longer I can bring myself to watch him play. People complained about Stanley, but I think we would have at most one loss if we had a QB of his caliber.
Nothing wrong with having a fleeting thought about hoping for the best for the football program. :D

All joking about injuries aside, can you imagine the newly-injected enthusiasm into Iowa football if Padilla had come in, looked good, actually avoided a sack, threw a TD pass and led the team to victory?

This team is in DESPERATE NEED of moving on from the SP era. ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE NEED...

Great idea! Or, some coaching staffs may scheme protections to include a TE on the right or an additional OL. However, we do not appear to have the aptitude to think somewhat outside the box.
It's like the second to last possession of the Michigan game when Colby got abused four times in a row. You could reasonably say that the first two were on Colby. After that it's on the coaches for not get a RB or TE over there to chip. At that point it was like an adult giving a toddler matches and then being upset when they lit something on fire.

Reactions: blhawk and Hammer93
Labas needs to get significant snaps. At least see if you’ve got some sort of hope at that position with your current roster. Honestly I’m in the position and rather see 3-9 By trying to see what he’s got than 5-7 or 6-6 with SP.

Labas needs to get significant snaps. At least see if you’ve got some sort of hope at that position with your current roster. Honestly I’m in the position and rather see 3-9 By trying to see what he’s got than 5-7 or 6-6 with SP.
Starting against Northwestern. Let Spencer and Brian take on the Buckeyes.

Starting against Northwestern. Let Spencer and Brian take on the Buckeyes.
Good point. Spencer is already damaged goods, NW would be the perfect team to try someone else without traumatizing them with an ass whipping in the shoe. Just showing the fans that you're willing to try something else would go a long way in my opinion. To fail is one thing, to not try anything else and insist that you're right despite miserable failure is what is driving a lot of people nuts at this point. If for nothing else than to see what needs to be addressed this offseason it needs to be done

It's unbelievable how dumb some people are. You have absolutely zero respect for anyone in that locker room. They are all working their asses of on a daily basis
I was thinking the exact same thing about some of the posters, won't mention any names thou...
The people who should be most concerned about the locker room are the coaches. Obviously you need to start there with dumb.....they are definition of it! Pride always come before the fall. KF and his arrogant FU to the fans by keeping his incompetent son as the OC could potentially destroy his own legacy here. Brian should of been fired years ago, no team in country that cares about winning football would hire him to be their OC. NO ONE!

He thinks winning 10 games last year was some accomplishment...does he consider his schedule, who he actually beats, and how they win those games? I'm sure he understands the how's and why's but as long as the wins are there he doesn't care how they get them. Problem is, that philosophy will not be sustainable. You can't get lucky every year! All things staying the same this will be the beginning of the end. I can't see him firing his son. If his son hasn't figured it out in 6 years, probably never will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT