ADVERTISEMENT

Player’s Parents on Social Media

And, parents should stay off of social media, regarding their kids. They signed up for it.

What careers / jobs would not be open to public / personal criticism in your mind? Not being sarcastic, a serious question. Police? Politician? Educator? Dr? Lawyer? Salesman? Any human being?

Or are you referring to parents of athletes should just stay off of social media?

Thanks Hawksense

Referring to parents of athletes. It’s akin to the loud parent at a little league game. Embarrassing. And equal to fans tearing down a player.
so because a kids a college athlete he's fair game to be shit on in social media "because he signed up for it?" That's so dumb, which I expect no less. Being good at a sport doesn't entitle some asshole to go on social media and blow someone up. Go ahead if it makes you feel better. What exactly did he sign up for? A player accepted a scholarship to said university to pursue 4 more years because he was good at sports. That's it.

Reactions: HawkOn15
What I was getting at is if the media member specifically asked Spencer about negative comments on social media…

…if that was the case, the answer he gave was more appropriate.

If he went out of his way to mention his mom and “I’m human” yada yada…well…kinda cry-baby‘ish.
I would doubt he went out of his way, but I also don't follow each press conference or interview that closely when it comes to players.

For everyone that wants to bitch about Spencer's comments, or his parents, they have no problem with Deuce's mom, or other parents.

It boils down to this: media and fans blow so much of the stuff out of proportion.

Reactions: HawkOn15 and WSC72
It is a giant factor. They have the opportunity for un-capped income. If they are selling themselves based on their athletic status, then we have the right to critisize...at least that is how I view it.
Yeah, so, so, so many are eagerly lining up to put their brand I the hands of 18-21 year olds. Kids have that right to earn it, but the only ones throwing $ at it are owned by jock sniffers, tshirt shops and pizza places

Yeah, so, so, so many are eagerly lining up to put their brand I the hands of 18-21 year olds. Kids have that right to earn it, but the only ones throwing $ at it are owned by jock sniffers, tshirt shops and pizza places
Well said.

Huge majority of fans aren’t psychos. These parents spend way too much time and energy reading idiots on Twitter. Social media is probably the worst thing to happen to mental health, in the macro, in the history of the world.

Huge majority of fans aren’t psychos. These parents spend way too much time and energy reading idiots on Twitter. Social media is probably the worst thing to happen to mental health, in the macro, in the history of the world.
Like so many other things...the bad news, idiots, negative stuff gets disproportionate coverage and attention. Nowhere is it more true, than with social media...especially twitter. Just because you can say something...doesn't mean you should.

For a generation (give or take) of people, virtual interaction has become more the norm than organic, face-to-face, direct communication. Many have failed to develop the interpersonal skills and emotional maturity one can only get by engaging with other human beings organically...and they've been enabled along the way. So, we get the modern day "Snowflake".

Last edited:
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT