ADVERTISEMENT

Player’s Parents on Social Media

Who said he’s not accepting responsibility? Again, he goes in front of the Media week oin and week out and takes the heat, win or lose. He was asked a question about what he wanted to say to fans, and he answered. He didn’t whine, didn’t cry. Not sure what you mean by accepting responsibility. Do you want him to go up there and say he lost the game? Would that make you happy?
It did come off as weak. I think he’s a great young man, just don’t want him as QB of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

As with most things it sort of falls halfway in between.

Fans identifying specific performance-based attributes (e.g. "he is innacurate" or "he doesn't understand how to navigate the pocket" or "he runs sloppy routes...rounding off the corners" etc.) is one thing.

It's the fans who just say "he sucks" or "he's a POS" who do nothing to advance a fruitful discussion.

There is a difference. And it is a very stark and reasonable one.
I think with a certain quarterback it’s easier just to say “he sucks” because it’d take all day to list the problems he has.
on a more serious note, I have no problem with people bitching about players on this message board. I go here to celebrate and vent with other fans as if you guys are my friends.
however people that go on twitter or whatever happening social media platform and directly complain to a player. That’s just wrong.

Reactions: Bold_Crow
Some of the things posted on Spencer's twitter page are plain disgusting. We've got some absolute shitheads in our fanbase.
I agree that seeking someone out on social media and making public criticism directly at them is poor form.

I think a message board like this is a place where fans can vent and post criticism; a board like this can be avoided. However, an adult going through the trouble of finding a player's personal Twitter account for the sole purpose of publicly letting him know that he sucks is way out of bounds.

I don’t engage with athletes or recruits on Twitter. I’m not sure why Petras has so many supporters on here.
Please show us who his many supporters are. I believe he might have 2 or 3. You're looking at this wrong. While I think 98% of the people on here don't think he's the right Qb for the job doesn't mean it's ok to shit on the kid or trash him on social media. Big difference.

Does it suck that there’s terrible people who say terrible things at all time on social platforms.

Sure

is him and his mother not receiving fully paid tuition/scholarship/education/food/housing and NIL money?

with a good comes bad.

When you play a high profile position in a highly public sport like college football you get ALL the good as well as the bad.

If this is bothering you you’re way too thin skin and not what I’m looking for in a QB.

I want an alpha

Does it suck that there’s terrible people who say terrible things at all time on social platforms.

Sure

is him and his mother not receiving fully paid tuition/scholarship/education/food/housing and NIL money?

with a good comes bad.

When you play a high profile position in a highly public sport like college football you get ALL the good as well as the bad.

If this is bothering you you’re way too thin skin and not what I’m looking for in a QB.

I want an alpha
What NIL money is he getting? And from who?

Sure

with a good comes bad.

I want an alpha
Alpha? Yeah, mental health of athletes is such a beta move. You’re a joke.

Reactions: HawkOn15
Just want to preface this in saying I think it’s b.s. to seek out and trash a player directly on social media. However, between Petras’s comments about his parents seeing negative things online and Justin Britt’s mom on Twitter saying “How do you spend so much time complaining about the meal that you had no hand in helping to prepare? Just eat, & be thankful you're not starving.”
Fans can absolutely be critical of their teams performance. Stop scapegoating fans because you or your kid stinks.
Mrs. Britt is one hell of a nice lady. A friend of mine interviewed she and her husband, as well as Mrs. Goodson, on a radio show. They sound like fantastic people, great parents, and big Hawk fans. IIRC, Mrs. Britt even tweeted at one point that Justin had every opportunity to see the field full-time, and it was up to him to utilize that opportunity.

Put yourself in the shoes of that player or pretend that player is your family member, would you write that about them? If so, time to take a step back and re-evaluate yourself about kids playing a game that has no effect on your life. They put everything into winning those games, 24, 7, 365 days a year to prep and be ready to play come Saturday. They deserve your support if you are a fan of that team.

Now, if want to criticize the coaches for their decisions or poor decisions in your view, fine, just don’t get personal as well. I hope the Hawks win every game they play but realize there is a team on the other side of the field that wants to win as well and it’s not easy to get the W every week and player performance causes a lot of the losses. And if you think you hurt after a loss, you have no idea how those players and coaches feel walking off the field, having to field questions from reporters, and hear all the attacks via social media and people in public that say sad and embarrassing things like the lady with her family and kids by the Iowa tunnel at halftime about getting a real qb. Great role model for your kids Mom. Stuff like this needs to stop and fans need to be better as a whole. I get we are fans of the program and that’s why they are called fanatics, but that doesn’t entitle you to attack players and coaches personally.
Top-notch post. Well said!

I honestly can not believe what Spencer said about him being human and his mom reading comments.

Are you kidding me? This the kind of guy we have at the most important position on the field? Pretty sad, in my opinion.

Earned himself a “cry-baby” status.
He was replying to a question. He didn't bring it up out of the blue.

Stop being so dumb. It makes actual Hawkeye fans look bad. Even YOU are better than that.

Alpha? Yeah, mental health of athletes is such a beta move. You’re a joke.
Ok thanks? I’d call that response beta.

A QB having Moxie is something ME personally would like in an Iowa QB.

SP is tough/gamer/great guy/class act/graduated/no issues or trouble/leader and all around likable/good guy by all appearances.

I 100% believe all of that

Does not change the fact I’ve seen this show.

Theoretically he could. No clue what any of them get.
You said he was getting NIL money and all the good stuff that comes with it. You were talking out of your ass. People bring up NIL like these guys are making a fortune. I’m going to say 3-5 guys on the entire team got NIl money. I only know of Linderbaum and Goodson. Think there are a few more. And they aren’t getting rich off of it. At least know what you’re talking about before ripping on a guy.

He was replying to a question. He didn't bring it up out of the blue.

Stop being so dumb. It makes actual Hawkeye fans look bad. Even YOU are better than that.
Wasn’t the question “what do you want to tell Hawkeye fans” or something around those lines?

Give me the quoted question that prompted the response if you can, please, because maybe I missed an important snippet..

Last edited:
Ok thanks? I’d call that response beta.

A QB having Moxie is something ME personally would like in an Iowa QB.

SP is tough/gamer/great guy/class act/graduated/no issues or trouble/leader and all around likable/good guy by all appearances.

I 100% believe all of that

Does not change the fact I’ve seen this show.
Cool. Is he really good at football though?

You know, the main reason he moved halfway across the country…

Need to stop putting so much emphasis on a guy being a “great guy, class act” etc…

Reactions: Smokinthereiff
You said he was getting NIL money and all the good stuff that comes with it. You were talking out of your ass. People bring up NIL like these guys are making a fortune. I’m going to say 3-5 guys on the entire team got NIl money. I only know of Linderbaum and Goodson. Think there are a few more. And they aren’t getting rich off of it. At least know what you’re talking about before ripping on a guy.
So you know for a fact he is or isn’t receiving money?

How is same players are being paid $300,000 scholarship‘s food money supplements plus the ability to make money through NIL.

I don’t have any sympathy for requesting a different starter because he sucks at quarterback. It’s not a personal attack.

You soft as ****

So the degree/food/tutors/supplements/housing/clothig/travel isn’t enough?

What would you value those at?

Does that make it fair game or because you claim he didn’t get NIL and I put NIL with all listed above you bring that up and call me “talking out my ass”
I know your type.

• Haha
What would you value those at?

Does that make it fair game or because you claim he didn’t get NIL and I put NIL with all listed above you bring that up and call me “talking out my ass”
I know your type.
KF said 10% of players getting NIL. Prove my statement wrong or **** off with your superiority complex of you right I’m wrong.

You started it, can you finish it or acknowledge you don’t know either? Doubtful

Last edited:
  • Haha
KF said 10% of players getting NIL. Prove my statement wrong or **** off with your superiority complex of you right I’m wrong.

You started it, can you finish it or acknowledge you don’t know either? Doubtful
Where did Kirk say 10% were getting NIL? You sound awfully angry about what the players get. Again, someone like Caitlin Clark gets NIL money from Hy Vee because she’s a star. Linderbaum as well as he’s a 1st round pick. I believe Goodson got a little something. Don’t think there were many other guys. And so what if they made a little extra? Does that give you the right to be more of an ahole than you already sound?

So you know for a fact he is or isn’t receiving money?

How is same players are being paid $300,000 scholarship‘s food money supplements plus the ability to make money through NIL.

I don’t have any sympathy for requesting a different starter because he sucks at quarterback. It’s not a personal attack.

You soft as ****
And it’s you’re soft as ****

I don't like some of the posts I see regarding attacks but if parents think this is bad, thank god they didn't sign with ANY SEC school or Michigan, Clemson, USC, Ohio State, Miami (FL), Michigan State, Texas, Oklahoma, Penn State or Nebraska for that matter.

Last edited:
Where did Kirk say 10% were getting NIL? You sound awfully angry about what the players get. Again, someone like Caitlin Clark gets NIL money from Hy Vee because she’s a star. Linderbaum as well as he’s a 1st round pick. I believe Goodson got a little something. Don’t think there were many other guys. And so what if they made a little extra? Does that give you the right to be more of an ahole than you already sound?

Again, you cannot verify if he did or did not receive any NIL correct?

Simple question.

I sound like and Ahole?

Because SP isn’t good and I’d like to see a change and he would not be a starting QB at Iowa but remain on scholarship fully (I listed all the perks already)

He is able to finish school with zero debt.

But somehow I’m an asshole because he isn’t any good IMO at QB.

I want to see the other guys on the roster whom haven’t had a chance.

What about how they feel?

Their parents upset because people are saying how crappy the starter is so they must be that much worse?

Please guide me on what you think I should do O great wise one who can walk on eggshells as not to offend anyone ever.

Like Kobe said: SOFT - That’s you.

I’d figure I’d return my thoughts as that’s all you’ve shared with me

And it’s you’re soft as ****
Thanks grammar Nazi.

I know I suck at grammatically correct words as education wasn’t the best where I lived.

Seems to be your pattern. Rip on those that view it differently and use the same recourse and response that you complaining SP receiving.

I hope my mom doesn’t see this and my guy. Not a good look for you.

I don't like some of the posts I see regarding attacks but if parents think this is bad, thank god they didn't sign with ANY SEC school or Clemson, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, Texas, Oklahoma or Nebraska for that matter.
This. He knew what he was signing on to. If he is being harassed or has received death threats then they need to be investigated. It wasn't just Iowa fans on Twitter saying he wasn't very good, it was anyone who watched the game.

Who said he’s not accepting responsibility? Again, he goes in front of the Media week oin and week out and takes the heat, win or lose. He was asked a question about what he wanted to say to fans, and he answered. He didn’t whine, didn’t cry. Not sure what you mean by accepting responsibility. Do you want him to go up there and say he lost the game? Would that make you happy?
It would have made me happy if he had said,"Iowa has the greatest fans in college football and as a team we have some work to do before next season so we can improve upon this season. It's nice that we have passionate fans."

Wasn’t the question “what do you want to tell Hawkeye fans” or something around those lines?

Give me the quoted question that prompted the response if you can, please, because maybe I missed an important snippet..
You just answered your own (stupid) question.

You just answered your own (stupid) question.
What I was getting at is if the media member specifically asked Spencer about negative comments on social media…

…if that was the case, the answer he gave was more appropriate.

If he went out of his way to mention his mom and “I’m human” yada yada…well…kinda cry-baby‘ish.

What I was getting at is if the media member specifically asked Spencer about negative comments on social media…

…if that was the case, the answer he gave was more appropriate.

If he went out of his way to mention his mom and “I’m human” yada yada…well…kinda cry-baby‘ish.
Says the cry baby.

You have no idea how deep you’ve just cut me..

Thank you so much for providing your two cents in our conversation.
Given your still fixated on Spencer’s comments from 5 days ago I would say they have cut you pretty deep.

ADVERTISEMENT