ADVERTISEMENT

Player numbers

Lumas Etima

HR MVP
Apr 1, 2003
We know Patrick McCaffery will be wearing #22 this year for the Hawkeyes (story linked below), but does anyone know (or have any guesses) about the other new guys -- Toussaint or Evelyn?

My guess would be Evelyn wears #4. That is the number he wore at Valpo, and also the jersey he was pictured in when he tweeted his commitment to Iowa. Another option would be #11, which was his number at Nebraska (also part of his Twitter handle).

For Toussaint, it's a little harder to guess. In photos on the Internet, he is most commonly seen wearing #s 2, 3, and 5, but those are all taken at Iowa (Nunge, Bohannon, and Fredrick). If I had to guess, I'd guess he might take #1, which is now open following Dailey's transfer. Another possibility is that Fredrick switches to his high school number (#1), leaving #5 open for Toussaint.

It's also altogether possible that I have spent too much time thinking about this. But it's the summer, so what the hell.

Here's the link to the P-Mac #22 story: https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2019...0ZMGWmgd9Rv8Yl7vcJUhu1LgLjRz79ApsyPWyfwVPmutc

I'd like Toussaint to wear # 0

thunder-lakers-basketball_25139521_155357.jpg

Last edited:
Toussaint was wearing 14 (scrimmage jersey) in the video posted by Iowa Basketball.

It appears by looking at the roster from the University of Iowa website Joe T will be wearing jersey number 1 not 14.

It appears by looking at the roster from the University of Iowa website Joe T will be wearing jersey number 1 not 14.
Seems so. Good find. I wonder why he was wearing #14 in those practice videos. Maybe just borrowing a jersey for the day.

It looks like the new numbers are officially:
1 Joe Toussaint
4 Bakari Evelyn
22 Patrick McCaffery

So if Toussaint and Evelyn are #1 and #4, that would make them a #14 combined. If we could get the combined production out of them as the last #14 we had as a senior, I'll take that in a heartbeat!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT