ADVERTISEMENT

Player routine this season?

r448chlpo

All-Conference
Mar 8, 2017
Powell, Ohio
With the COVID 19 thingy happening, what is life going to be like for players? Are they in a complete locked-in bubble? Go to classes? Go downtown? Dates with non-athletes or females (presumably) from other sports teams living in the bubble? Pro-graduation job interviews? All meal's served within bubble? Family visits? Can they cross the river for a walk on a sunny Sunday afternoon?

11xt9j.gif

With the COVID 19 thingy happening, what is life going to be like for players? Are they in a complete locked-in bubble? Go to classes? Go downtown? Dates with non-athletes or females (presumably) from other sports teams living in the bubble? Pro-graduation job interviews? All meal's served within bubble? Family visits? Can they cross the river for a walk on a sunny Sunday afternoon?
Derp

They are not in a bubble. They live in the dorms, go to class, and interact with people outside of athletics.

Wash hands after using the potty. Don't pick your nose. Don't rub your eyes. Don't comingle with ladies of the evening.

As the OP I did not mean to be "creepy" or weird. I genuinely am interested in the restrictions being made...I know people who have hardly left their houses since March. I also appreciate that there are certain players who must be healthy for the team to succeed. Other players have goals which can be very much jeopardized by getting to virus. Accordingly, i would not be surprised if significant restrictions were established. Hence the question. (Considering what is at stake, I would seriously consider mandating on-line classes, for example. Is it true, this has not been done?)

I read somewhere that ISU players are doing all of their classes online and this was part of the reason they have done such a good job keeping COVID cases down. I hope our players are doing the same. With a 21 day penalty for a positive test there is plenty of motivation for players to be careful.

As the OP I did not mean to be "creepy" or weird. I genuinely am interested in the restrictions being made...I know people who have hardly left their houses since March. I also appreciate that there are certain players who must be healthy for the team to succeed. Other players have goals which can be very much jeopardized by getting to virus. Accordingly, i would not be surprised if significant restrictions were established. Hence the question. (Considering what is at stake, I would seriously consider mandating on-line classes, for example. Is it true, this has not been done?)
Student athletes can't be treated differently than other students, but students at UI have the option to take their classes fully online if they want, so I wouldn't be surprised if athletes didn't go to class in person. However, they are in the dorms and there are non-athletes on their floors. They are not in a bubble.

The UI admins have also stated numerous times that virus isn't being spread in classrooms or the dorms, so really can they stay away from parties and the downtown scene is the question

ADVERTISEMENT