ADVERTISEMENT

Please just end the idiocy and cancel the football season

Tom Roland

HR MVP
Mar 25, 2002
This is going to be a train wreck on multiple fronts. How many new deaths by Thanksgiving? Has the world lost the ability to delay gratification?

Until there is a viable vaccine available and given to the general population this disease outbreak is just going to increase. It is not just going to magically go away. It is a virus it’s only agenda is to propagate.

I get money will be lost. But bite the bullet now so we can slow down this virus and get our Country back to normal in 2021.

Leadership matters- someone get the adults back in the room please.

This is going to be a train wreck on multiple fronts. How many new deaths by Thanksgiving? Has the world lost the ability to delay gratification?

Until there is a viable vaccine available and given to the general population this disease outbreak is just going to increase. It is not just going to magically go away. It is a virus it’s only agenda is to propagate.

I get money will be lost. But bite the bullet now so we can slow down this virus and get our Country back to normal in 2021.

Please end the idiocy and cancel your Rivals subscription

giphy.gif

Have you considered the possibility that there will be no effective vaccine?

Have you considered the possibility that there will be no safe vaccine?

Have you considered the possibility that if a safe and effective vaccine is developed it might only be 50% effective on some strains of Covid?

So what is your end game if there is no safe and effective vaccine developed?

You're spot on. That said, prepare to be attacked mercilessly.

Nothing will "go back to normal". Thousands of lives will be lost, suicides will be up, many things that happen because of a simple football game will be lost. Its not about the game its the consequences for not having NFL or college football that will run deep for years and years to come. Finances, violence, mental health, marriages: We are seeing the worst parts of our political system and it will be worse.

Maybe you would like to delay the gratification of stuffing your face with food because farmers, food processing workers, meat packers, truckers and grocery store stockers are working to provide that benefit to you...or maybe you would like to delay that gratification of getting that absessed tooth that needs to be pulled by the dentists that are working to provide that service to you...or maybe you would like to delay that gratification if you show up at the emergency room with a heart attack and the doctors and nurses are there to provide life saving care....oh hell, let's delay the gratification of your kids getting an education before their hair turns gray...how many hundreds more examples would you need before you realize it's called getting on with life...a very adult perspective...

Ugh...I joined the pay to play board to get away from pointless yelling threads like this.

Great venue for this debate, should result in some major change. Way to be a hero OP.

Reactions: jobphoto and BXY

How many healthy 18-23 years olds have succumbed to COVID?

Fairly certain the Premier League successfully finished a 38 match schedule.

But yes the world is coming to an end and the only alternative is to shelter in place until every human being has received a preventive vaccine

But yes the world is coming to an end and the only alternative is to shelter in place until every human being has received a preventive vaccine

Exactly. A vaccine that on it's best day would be 70% effective. 15 days to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the healthcare system... 150 days later: shut everything down!!!

Reactions: BXY
Exactly. A vaccine that on it's best day would be 70% effective. 15 days to flatten the curve and not overwhelm the healthcare system... 150 days later: shut everything down!!!

Given how this virus mutates, 70% likely won’t be close. Very clearly we need to take this seriously, people need to take personal responsibility for themselves and those around them. Unfortunately you can’t stop stupid.

That said, you can’t hide under your F’n bed forever and the narrative that we can’t return to our normal lives with the appropriate precautions should be banished to Roland and Flick’s basements

I agree Mr. Roland 4000 %. We need to get our collective heads out of the sand now. Unless and until we get this virus going in the other direction we're going to have 200,000 dead around September 15. New cases are spiraling out of control, over 1,000 deaths each day. This is an epic battle against an enemy that doesn't care about your age, sex, or political leanings. Let's get real, this dam thing is lethal. Can't rely on a vacine anytime soon. Left unchecked by our stubbornness to wear masks, social distance, and trying to have in person education, we may have to deal with this pandemic for years to come.

Lol. Enjoy hiding under your bed. Will let you know if the season is canceled.

7FDL.gif

The signs are all there that we won't see a football season:

Minnesota and Illinois high school football moved to spring.
UConn cancels football season.
Rutgers dealing with massive outbreak.
Northwestern has halted workouts.
IU player in bad shape, his mother's facebook post has gone viral.
Players in the Pac12 and Big Ten are organizing.
The new restrictions with every player who's been within 6 feet of an infected person having to quarantine will wreak havoc on schools' abilities to field teams this year.
Today Kevin Warren emphasized that a schedule isn't a guarantee we'd see fall sports.

I'ts happening slowly, but it's happening. No one is "hiding under their beds" or whatever other totally alpha insult you have for beta cuck soyboys. Everyone wants football, but don't get your hopes up.

Nothing will "go back to normal". Thousands of lives will be lost, suicides will be up, many things that happen because of a simple football game will be lost. Its not about the game its the consequences for not having NFL or college football that will run deep for years and years to come. Finances, violence, mental health, marriages: We are seeing the worst parts of our political system and it will be worse.

Reactions: unIowa
I personally think that the games can be played safely. It will take special helmets and procedures to do so, but it is possible. You are 19 times more likely to catch it indoors than outdoors per a recent study in Japan.

Games should probably not be played in domes.

Reactions: CarmelHawki

This guy is from the American Spectator , Far right> Fact check. The virus is not under control but could be if stupid people would follow instructions and if we had a national plan to save FB, but we don't>

How hard is it to wear a mask, social distance ,wash your hands and have a national plan of testing and tracing. In america I guess Its hard.

The politicians have failed us period. Both sides suck and be cause they suck we will be lucky to play two games.

This guy is from the American Spectator , Far right> Fact check. The virus is not under control but could be if stupid people would follow instructions and if we had a national plan to save FB, but we don't>

How hard is it to wear a mask, social distance ,wash your hands and have a national plan of testing and tracing. In america I guess Its hard.

The politicians have failed us period. Both sides suck and be cause they suck we will be lucky to play two games.

And the Chief Economist for the 6th largest ETF provider. Neither of which changes the facts he presented.

Reactions: kevmanx

Here's the thing. If you are right. Not all people see it the way you do so diligent steps will need to be taken to prove that you are in fact right.
However, if you are wrong. Some people such as yourselves will need to be shown diligently that you were in fact wrong. They are currently taking those diligent steps.

I followed until the "both sides" part. I only see one side making the precautions you listed above a political issue. Predictably, they look foolish in retrospect.

Herman-Cain-of-Coronavirus-6-Weeks-After-Mocking-Masks.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT