ADVERTISEMENT

Please read and advise me of your opinion.

HumbleP1e

HB All-American
Jan 11, 2003
The text below is making its rounds on social media. A friend sent it to me, and I have very strong feelings about it! I'm really curious what others think of it though before I do anything with it or its posters. Please read and advise me of your opinion.

Meet Brandon Tatum
Brandon Tatum is a former Tucson Police Officer and served as the Director of Urban Outreach at Turning Point USA. He is the Founder and CEO of The Officer Tatum, LLC.

His open letter :

“Woke” white people, I’d like to ask you a favor:

Please stop asking for forgiveness for your “white privilege.”

You’re not fooling anybody. You’re not helping black people—or any other minority. And your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous. They make you look disingenuous, which is a really nice way of saying fake, phony, and fraudulent.

For starters, what is “white privilege” anyway? Because you were born with white skin, you have all these advantages that I don’t have?

Like what?

Like, you can get a mortgage loan that I can’t get?

Hmm. I got a loan—at a great rate, by the way—and I got the house. Why would a banker not give a loan to someone who met the loan requirements? He doesn’t want to make money? I’ve never heard of such a banker.

Or, how about this: You can enter a store and not be looked upon with suspicion, but I—a black person—cannot. Except...that has never happened to me.

But if I was a young dude with my pants hanging down to my butt, I could understand why a store owner would be concerned. I used to be a cop. Believe me, I understand. If I owned the store, I’d be tracking that kid, too—whether he was black, white, or anything else.

Or, what if I had a store that had a history of being shoplifted by young black women, and a young black woman with a bad attitude walked in. Would I be suspicious? Yeah, I would. Who wouldn’t?

I call that common sense, not bigotry.

But there’s another way of looking at this: In many ways, in today’s America, blacks have more privilege than whites. It’s been my experience that whites bend over backwards to give blacks every possible advantage.

If two people are equally qualified for a job, the black person will usually get it. Big companies and prestigious universities fall all over one another trying to sign up talented black people.

If you deny this, you are denying reality.

Which is what the person who dreamed up this whole thing did—a professor of women’s studies at Wellesley College by the name of Peggy McIntosh. She wrote an article in 1988 about all the “white privilege” she thought she had. She listed 46, including this one: “I can choose…bandages in ‘flesh’ color and have them more or less match my skin.” Wow, that’s some kind of privilege!

Soon others took up the cause.

Today, these so-called progressives dominate our colleges and universities, imposing this absurd notion of white privilege on their students. That’s too bad. Because it does nothing good for white students. And it does nothing good for black students. But of the two, ironically, the white students get the better of the deal.

Let me explain:

To acknowledge your white privilege is supposed to make you feel bad. Only it doesn’t. It makes you feel good because by acknowledging your white privilege, you’re declaring yourself to be enlightened. And as a virtue-bonus, it also makes you a better person than those whites who don’t acknowledge their privilege.

White privilege, which is supposed to make you feel bad, ends up making you feel good. Meanwhile, the real damage is to blacks. What makes whites feel good makes blacks angry.

More than 50 years after the start of the Civil Rights movement, the message is: “You’re still oppressed.” How can this not create a victim mentality? And anyone—of any color—who sees himself as a victim gets angry.

Now, I wouldn’t deny for a second that there are privileges in life. They’re all over the place. There’s two-parent family privilege (that’s huge); there’s being lucky to be born in America privilege; there’s good gene privilege. But white privilege? Doesn’t it depend on the person?

Let’s take this, for example: A black lawyer and his wife have a baby. And a meth addict, single white woman has a baby. Which kid has privilege? The white one? Because he’s white?

Come on now.

And here’s the kicker: Even if it were true—all those claims about white privilege, so what? Would it change a single thing I did? If white people apologize for being white, is that supposed to help me? In what way?

So, let’s be real: White privilege is an attempt by the left to divide Americans by race.

It’s all theory and all nonsense. If you want to fall for it, go ahead—it’s a free country. But don’t try to sell it to me.

I’m an American who deals with my fellow Americans one-on-one.

Try it. It works.

I’m Brandon Tatum for Prager University

***** I will not engage in or tolerate ANY negative comments. I will delete any comments in opposition.... this is offering a new and different perspective from a BLACK MAN... you will not change anyone’s heart by posting defensive opinions ******. There are A lot of people who need to hear this !!

You left out the phrase, "It's making it's round via WHITE PEOPLE distribution". Basically, white people are desperately clinging to this ONE man's opinion in an effort to group all black experiences into a singularly equal group. While I agree with one point, there's no need to apologize for White Privilege, the rest is horse $hit!

I'm not poor. I don't experience poverty and don't know anyone who is poor, therefore poverty must not exist. See how stupid that sounds?

My white friends have been posting this as well and my response has been, "Instead of clinging to the words of a complete stranger, why not sit down and have an honest discussion with your black friends in an effort to better understand their personal experiences. You may come across a few who mirror this man's, but I'd venture to say they will vary because everyone has different experiences.

I'm so sick of white people posting black opinions that enable them to ignore racism. It's lazy. It's insulting.

EDIT: Additionally, take a look at who presses the 'love' or 'like' button as well as who comments...it will be almost 100% white people.

You left out the phrase, "It's making it's round via WHITE PEOPLE distribution".
I have noticed this too. Many white people like to post this, Candace Owens and the Hodge twins as a way of promoting hey we aren't racist. Look we are posting a black person's views that align with ours usually followed with I love the person. However, I also see the opposite side telling white people their opinion on the matter doesn't count well because they are white. Very rarely have I seen a reasonable exchange on the matter where people meet in the middle or just simply agree to disagree without one or the other being labeled.

It is pure BS - to just take one of the first claims...

"Black and Hispanic homebuyers are significantly more likely to get turned down for a conventional mortgage loan, according to new data.

A recent analysis from Zillow shows that in 2016, nearly 21% of black applicants were denied a conventional loan, while 15.5% of Hispanics were."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyal...ith-minorities-new-report-shows/#6cc608a3509a
So basically having a lower income, unbalanced debt to income ratio and a poor credit rating disqualifies you from getting a home loan. Who would have thunk it?

I have noticed this too. Many white people like to post this, Candace Owens and the Hodge twins as a way of promoting hey we aren't racist. Look we are posting a black person's views that align with ours usually followed with I love the person. However, I also see the opposite side telling white people their opinion on the matter doesn't count well because they are white. Very rarely have I seen a reasonable exchange on the matter where people meet in the middle or just simply agree to disagree without one or the other being labeled.
I've also seen this one. The "grow up" part REALLY gets me triggered.

race-card.jpg

Look, I get it some folks will take advantage of BLM...just like some folks will take advantage of literally ANYTHING. Hell, we saw a guy buying up all the TP and hand sanitizer at the start of the pandemic...people suck, but did we judge all white people on the actions of this a-hat "capitalist"?

Reactions: HumbleP1e
The text below is making its rounds on social media. A friend sent it to me, and I have very strong feelings about it! I'm really curious what others think of it though before I do anything with it or its posters. Please read and advise me of your opinion.

Meet Brandon Tatum
Brandon Tatum is a former Tucson Police Officer and served as the Director of Urban Outreach at Turning Point USA. He is the Founder and CEO of The Officer Tatum, LLC.

His open letter :

You’re not fooling anybody. You’re not helping black people—or any other minority. And your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous. They make you look disingenuous, which is a really nice way of saying fake, phony, and fraudulent.

For starters, what is “white privilege” anyway? Because you were born with white skin, you have all these advantages that I don’t have?

Like what?

Hmm. I got a loan—at a great rate, by the way—and I got the house. Why would a banker not give a loan to someone who met the loan requirements? He doesn’t want to make money? I’ve never heard of such a banker.

Or, how about this: You can enter a store and not be looked upon with suspicion, but I—a black person—cannot. Except...that has never happened to me.

But if I was a young dude with my pants hanging down to my butt, I could understand why a store owner would be concerned. I used to be a cop. Believe me, I understand. If I owned the store, I’d be tracking that kid, too—whether he was black, white, or anything else.

Or, what if I had a store that had a history of being shoplifted by young black women, and a young black woman with a bad attitude walked in. Would I be suspicious? Yeah, I would. Who wouldn’t?

But there’s another way of looking at this: In many ways, in today’s America, blacks have more privilege than whites. It’s been my experience that whites bend over backwards to give blacks every possible advantage.

If two people are equally qualified for a job, the black person will usually get it. Big companies and prestigious universities fall all over one another trying to sign up talented black people.

Which is what the person who dreamed up this whole thing did—a professor of women’s studies at Wellesley College by the name of Peggy McIntosh. She wrote an article in 1988 about all the “white privilege” she thought she had. She listed 46, including this one: “I can choose…bandages in ‘flesh’ color and have them more or less match my skin.” Wow, that’s some kind of privilege!

Today, these so-called progressives dominate our colleges and universities, imposing this absurd notion of white privilege on their students. That’s too bad. Because it does nothing good for white students. And it does nothing good for black students. But of the two, ironically, the white students get the better of the deal.

Let me explain:

To acknowledge your white privilege is supposed to make you feel bad. Only it doesn’t. It makes you feel good because by acknowledging your white privilege, you’re declaring yourself to be enlightened. And as a virtue-bonus, it also makes you a better person than those whites who don’t acknowledge their privilege.

White privilege, which is supposed to make you feel bad, ends up making you feel good. Meanwhile, the real damage is to blacks. What makes whites feel good makes blacks angry.

More than 50 years after the start of the Civil Rights movement, the message is: “You’re still oppressed.” How can this not create a victim mentality? And anyone—of any color—who sees himself as a victim gets angry.

Now, I wouldn’t deny for a second that there are privileges in life. They’re all over the place. There’s two-parent family privilege (that’s huge); there’s being lucky to be born in America privilege; there’s good gene privilege. But white privilege? Doesn’t it depend on the person?

Let’s take this, for example: A black lawyer and his wife have a baby. And a meth addict, single white woman has a baby. Which kid has privilege? The white one? Because he’s white?

Come on now.

And here’s the kicker: Even if it were true—all those claims about white privilege, so what? Would it change a single thing I did? If white people apologize for being white, is that supposed to help me? In what way?

So, let’s be real: White privilege is an attempt by the left to divide Americans by race.

It’s all theory and all nonsense. If you want to fall for it, go ahead—it’s a free country. But don’t try to sell it to me.

Try it. It works.

***** I will not engage in or tolerate ANY negative comments. I will delete any comments in opposition.... this is offering a new and different perspective from a BLACK MAN... you will not change anyone’s heart by posting defensive opinions ******. There are A lot of people who need to hear this !!

I don't think his thoughts are unreasonable.

"Black and Hispanic homebuyers are significantly more likely to get turned down for a conventional mortgage loan, according to new data.

A recent analysis from Zillow shows that in 2016, nearly 21% of black applicants were denied a conventional loan, while 15.5% of Hispanics were."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alyyal...ith-minorities-new-report-shows/#6cc608a3509a

So economics drives the decision. I'm shocked.

If I was a mortgage banker I'd want to do as many deals I could do. Money spends the same regardless of who it comes from.

this would be a better argument if the statistics accounted for whether minorities met the underwriting criteria and were still denied.

what about white people clinging on to them as though all black people should "get on board" with this guy and stop protesting?

His words are being weaponized at worst and used to ignore at best.

I don't agree with that. It's his opinion and people should be free to agree or disagree with it. I also don't agree with a white person's opinion being weaponized for the opposite purpose.

I’ve been saying all along that if you’re white, not racist, not part of the Klan you don’t have to apologize to anyone.

You don’t have to be ashamed of your skin color, where you grew up, or anything like that.

Ive seen videos of white people kissing blacks boots. Yeah ‘Ef that

I don't agree with that. It's his opinion and people should be free to agree or disagree with it. I also don't agree with a white person's opinion being weaponized for the opposite purpose.
Never said people aren't "allowed" to agree/disagree...I'm simply sharing what I'm seeing unfold on social media and how this one man's opinion is being used. It's being shared by 100% white people and the comments associated with the sharing of the article basically are people using this to discredit BLM and push "all lives matter." That is a fact of observation, not opinion.

Never said people aren't "allowed" to agree/disagree...I'm simply sharing what I'm seeing unfold on social media and how this one man's opinion is being used. It's being shared by 100% white people and the comments associated with the sharing of the article basically are people using this to discredit BLM and push "all lives matter." That is a fact of observation, not opinion.

No, I'm not saying you said people aren't allowed to agree or disagree. That was not my intention at all. I was just clarifying my opinion based on your question. Like you, I don't agree with the weaponizing.

Last edited:
Reactions: alaskanseminole
For full disclosure, I stopped at woke white people and asking for forgiveness. I'm glad that the author spoke from his experience and shared his point of view. The problem with anecdotal stories is one positive one doesn't negate one negative one.

Written by a former cop who writes books, pushes podcasts and sells t-shirts and whatnot on a website pushing a conservative agenda so he can profit off of dumb white people.

Among the stupid %*%* he’s said in order to sell %*%* to white cons and to be the token black con include:

-He thinks that Trump supporters face the same kinds of oppression and discrimination that gay people do.

https://blather.io/tweet/1170027931482984448

-He says that it’s not the Republican Party that’s racist but the “evil” Democrats who denigrate white cops

https://blather.io/tweet/1158472751872524288

-He simultaneously says outlawing assault rifles won’t save any lives because laws don’t do anything AND at the same time says Alabama’s law banning abortions has saved millions of people

https://blather.io/fallacies/brandon-tatum-decide-laws-curb-behavior-doublethink-logical-fallacy-742

-Drumpf can’t be a racist because he got a lot of votes

https://blather.io/tweet/1155416312690044928

For more of this guy dumb enough to be OIT and Northern (but also smarter than them because he’s making tons of bank off of dumb Magats) see here

Greatest Hits
  • He thinks celebrities shouldn't talk about politics unless they're conservatives.[2]
  • He says that racism isn't even a thing anymore but the Democratic Party is the most evil and racist party in America.[3]
  • He claims that laws banning guns won't curb behavior but also says that Alabama's abortionban saved millions of unborn babies.[4]
  • He claims to not divide people and that everyone should be loved the same yet insists that there's a crucial difference between legal and illegal immigrants.[5]
  • He claims that the Democratic Party demonizeswhite people but also claims that it is the party of the KKK. According to him, Democrats hate white people but also think that they're superior. Weird, isn't it?[6]
  • He claims that taxation is theft but blames people that he doesn't like for not being victims of that same kind of "theft."[7]
  • He can't decide if one should be able to criticize America without having to move somewhere else.[9]
  • He's still not sure if toxic masculinity exists.[10]
  • Brandon, being the free speech warrior that he is, claimed that Kathy Griffin should have been jailed for joking about beheading Trump.[11][12]
  • When Harvard rescinded its admission to Kyle Kashuv for using the n-word back in 2017, Brandon was more than happy to accept an apology. But, when Democratic governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam was caught wearing blackface in the 1980s, Brandon claimed that an apology wasn't enough. If Northam was a Trump sycophant, his apology would have been accepted.[13][14]
  • He's still not sure if virtue signalling works.[15]
  • He claims to fully embrace the Second Amendment but claims that having a firearm is enough of a reason to be shot by the police.[16]
  • He claims to support prison reform despite also claiming that innocent people (Central Park Five) should be in prison.[17]
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Brandon_Tatum

Prager University ... is an American non-profit organization that creates videos on various political, economic, and philosophical topics from an American conservative or right-wing perspective. The organization was co-founded by talk show host and writer Dennis Prager and Allen Estrin.[1][2] The videos are posted on YouTube and usually feature a speaker who lectures for about five minutes.[3][4] The organization relies on donations, and much of its early funding came from fracking billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.[2][4]

PragerU is not a university or academic institution.[5][4] It does not hold classes, does not grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PragerU

How can we meet in the middle when one side has been detrimental to the other at a ridiculous rate? I won't elongate the thread any more than necessary, but my buddy said this was posted by a public servant of some kind. I just...if you don't want to own that white people intentionally broke apart black families as a way of destroying their structure, sense of self, and created a reliance on whites; if you don't understand that white people who were unable to buy land in England or Europe were so desperate to change their lives that they risked death to come to America...and then swallowed up all land putting slaves and then former slaves in the same scenario but with no new land mass to go to; if you don't understand that the economic fortunes of all blacks have been at least hindered due to this exclusionary headstart by whites who stole land from Native America, land which begets money, which allows education, which allows investments... Then, you are every bit as ig'nant as a racist...even if you don't think you are one.

My dad posted was this. All I had to see was turning point and prager to know it was going to be awful. I ignored it, like I do all the other awful stuff he posts.

How can we meet in the middle when one side has been detrimental to the other at a ridiculous rate? I won't elongate the thread any more than necessary, but my buddy said this was posted by a public servant of some kind. I just...if you don't want to own that white people intentionally broke apart black families as a way of destroying their structure, sense of self, and created a reliance on whites; if you don't understand that white people who were unable to buy land in England or Europe were so desperate to change their lives that they risked death to come to America...and then swallowed up all land putting slaves and then former slaves in the same scenario but with no new land mass to go to; if you don't understand that the economic fortunes of all blacks have been at least hindered due to this exclusionary headstart by whites who stole land from Native America, land which begets money, which allows education, which allows investments... Then, you are every bit as ig'nant as a racist...even if you don't think you are one.
Have you seen the Netflix documentary 13th?

Either these things happened or they didn't and so many white people are desperate to find away to say, "everything's fine...we're all equally important."

What's wrong with acknowledging the wrong doing and that racism still exists? I acknowledge it and I haven't lost my job, my home, friends, family, financial stability...it's all still intact.

Did you read it?

“black and Latinos generally have worse credit — measured in the classic way — than whites. Twenty-five percent of blacks, versus 65% of whites, have prime credit scores.”

How does racism ruin credit?
I understand they monitor credit usage, payment history, and types of credit, but where are they tracking the melanin and assign blacks worse scores?

Reactions: UKGrad93

Meet Brandon Tatum

His open letter :

Like what?

Let me explain:

Come on now.

Try it. It works.

I think it's a good take, but use the video version if you can.

How does racism ruin credit?
I understand they monitor credit usage, payment history, and types of credit, but where are they tracking the melanin and assign blacks worse scores?

It doesn't ruin it...it hampered it generations ago through racist policy.

Race/Ethnicity of Household Head 2018 Median Household Income
All races/ethnicities - $63,179
Asian $87,194
White, not Hispanic - $70,642
Hispanic (any race) - $51,450
Black - $41,361

From those numbers who's more likely to have a better credit score and who's more likely to be approved for a home lone?

I have an issue with the words white privilege, I think it is a term that doesn't describe what it intends to.

Privileges are earned, from everything I have been told. Driving a car is a privilege, not a right, and you have to earn the privilege. Any privilege has to be earned.

If I have white privilege it has been earned, if not by me, by my ancestors. They earned the privilege by hard work, saving, and striving to provide better for the next generation. In my case one side of the family immigrated from war torn Europe and lived in a one room dirt floor building on a farm until they had enough to buy land of their own and the other side were orphans that met in the orphanage during the depression that married and went to work on the railroad at 18. They sacrificed to give me the privilege/life I have today.

A better term would be white advantage or white benefit as that would assert that it was given to me based on being white.

Thanks for proving my point.

Seems to me many on both sides have an attitude of agree with me and the conclusions as to causes and resolutions as a whole in present day America or you are an ignorant racist. Or the other side says see you aren't listening to my other points even though I agreed with your historical things and you are just an ignorant race baiter that is unreasonable and emotionally triggered.

I have an issue with the words white privilege, I think it is a term that doesn't describe what it intends to.

Privileges are earned, from everything I have been told. Driving a car is a privilege, not a right, and you have to earn the privilege. Any privilege has to be earned.

If I have white privilege it has been earned, if not by me, by my ancestors. They earned the privilege by hard work, saving, and striving to provide better for the next generation. In my case one side of the family immigrated from war torn Europe and lived in a one room dirt floor building on a farm until they had enough to buy land of their own and the other side were orphans that met in the orphanage during the depression that married and went to work on the railroad at 18. They sacrificed to give me the privilege/life I have today.

A better term would be white advantage or white benefit as that would assert that it was given to me based on being white.

White privledge isn't supposed to mean white folks get life handed to them on a silver platter, but rather they're not exposed to the same racial bias that minorities are. It doesn't mean I get a wad of cash I don't have to work for, but I see how many whites (who don't understand it) are offended it by it.

White privilege means I likely won't have 4 cops at my traffic stop and won't be thinking I could die, but rather, "shit! how do I get out of this ticket!?"

I agree it deserves a better term, much like SS being an "entitlement" that term triggers those who don't understand what it means.

Reactions: JMNSHO
Lots of woke white people in this thread calling a black man Uncle Tom.
Personally, the guy's totally entitle to his thoughts, feelings and opinion. I don't really take issue with him. My issue is with the white people who are using this guy's opinion to discredit other's experiences and an entire movement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT