ADVERTISEMENT

Podcast on the IowaSwarm NIL Collective that is being formed

Dude, you're doing it again. Try $upporting Iowa or STFU.
You don't get to set the "support Iowa" rules, dude.

You're a worthless 30-year financial aid, paper-pushing know-it-all who really knows nothing, and spouts it daily.

You don't get to set the "support Iowa" rules, dude.

You're a worthless 30-year financial aid, paper-pushing know-it-all who really knows nothing, and spouts it daily.
You don't know me. And you are ignorant. That much is obvious.

Bye.

I’m not happy with the approach. We need a collective that will sign big time recruits and transfers, along with homegrown stars to contracts that can provide 6-7 figures. (Attempting to) pay the 3rd string guard on the women’s basketball team the same as Caitlyn Clark or a star QB for Iowa is a sure way to suck at sports. There is no “right way” to pay players but you sure as hell can squander resources that way.
It’s your calling man. Get in there!!! Sell yourself!!!

If BF gave up his OC role and headed up the NIL instead, I'd be all in . . . depending on who took over as OC. And after BF's Section 8 fiasco back in the day, it might be good penance for him to work with local charities.

BTW: Combining NIL with local charities fits beautifully with the Iowa Wave tradition, so whoever thought of this approach is to be congratulated. I would be shocked, stunned if that person were Gary Barta.
We need the busch latte guy in charge of Iowa's NIL...

I’m not happy with the approach. We need a collective that will sign big time recruits and transfers, along with homegrown stars to contracts that can provide 6-7 figures. (Attempting to) pay the 3rd string guard on the women’s basketball team the same as Caitlyn Clark or a star QB for Iowa is a sure way to suck at sports. There is no “right way” to pay players but you sure as hell can squander resources that way.

The stars will get theirs. That is the second part of the collective discussed on the podcast.

XZWL6JKQEBAPPOPWODF54FBRBI.jpg

Hyvee? Lol

The HyVee marketing budget is not insignificant.

indy-subheader.jpg

Clark also has contracts with H&R Block and the Vinyl Studio. She is doing very well. She is an anomaly as she may be the most marketable athlete in the Big Ten, but the NIL deals are there for any really good player.

Last edited:
how much will actually go to Iowa when they're in multiple states?
What about neb wi il mo etc?

I am sure it will be portioned out by market size and the player's marketability. Clark happens to have national name recognition, so she will do very well. The H&R Block deal initially was with Clark and SC's Zia Cooke.

I guess if you are concerned about how much a company's NIL spend will go to Iowa, then you may want the athletes you advise to stick with the local pizza joints.

I am sure it will be portioned out by market size and the player's marketability. Clark happens to have national name recognition, so she will do very well. The H&R Block deal initially was with Clark and SC's Zia Cooke.

I guess if you are concerned about how much a company's NIL spend will go to Iowa, then you may want the athletes you advise to stick with the local pizza joints.
No thepoint is that the chump change hyvee will throw IOWA players is nothing compared to what others will be spending. Especially when wi and neb will probably get just as much from them.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT