ADVERTISEMENT

Police Group Slams Psaki for Comments on Crime Amid Rash of Officer Shootings

I'd agree, Psaki is an extremely talented idiot,.. As you say, probably the best idiot since the Obama administration..
LOL. You voted for the biggest idiot to ever be a politician in the USofA. And the most corrupt. And the biggest liar. And the clowns he had in this position were and still bereft of souls. Whatever few brain cells you may have had, are completely washed by your devotion to the trump criminal cult.

Psaki is an idiot and I think there are fewer and fewer people who defend her.

Pass gun rules that add 10 years to anyone who Commits a crime with a firearm. I'm tired of butt****s doing illegal shit and impacting my rights.
Crime has gone up in states that release low level offenders and those that do not. I agree I think they should be in jail if they need to be in jail but the majority of the time it is not a good use of resources to have these individuals jailed or have a high bail amount for a low level offense. This isn't just black and white there is a lot of grey involved in the criminal justice system and what Psaki was saying is lets not weaponize this for political agendas. Ahem Ahem. But please continue your diatribe.

A national law enforcement organization, the National Fraternal Order of Police (NFOP), has blasted White House press secretary Jen Psaki following her recent comments on crime, which come during a recent wave of attacks on police, some deadly.

On Monday, the NFOP released a statement on social media in which the organization and its president, Patrick Yoes, called out Psaki for "mocking" and "belittling" Americans who have concerns about "the nation's skyrocketing crime rates and increased violence."

"I think it's wrong—very wrong—for Mrs. Psaki to suggest that violent crime in our country is of no concern or to just laugh it off. She may be safe in the White House, one of the most protected buildings in the United States, but not everyone feels safe in their workplace," said Yoes. "The world we find ourselves in is dangerous and is becoming increasingly more so. Tens of thousands of people have been the victims of crime this month alone and some of them never made it back home."

Over the weekend, during an interview on a podcast, Psaki, was discussing national news coverage, when she specifically mentioned a Fox News segment with Jeanine Pirro.

"If you look at Fox at a daily basis. I mean, do you remember the four boxes that you, that we had on all the TVs, right? Which is on my TV right now. So, right now, to give you a sense, so CNN: Pentagon as many as 8,500 U.S. troops on heightened alert, OK. True. Same on MSNBC. CNBC is doing their own thing about the market. And then on Fox is Jeanine Pirro talking about soft on crime consequences. I mean, what, what does that even mean, right? So, there's an alternate universe on some coverage. What's scary about it is a lot of people watch that."
The statement from the NFOP and Yoes goes on to state that while there may be many reasons for the recent uptick in attacks on police officers, they point to one specific reason: the judicial system.

"There are many reasons for this escalating violence in many of our communities, and one of them is the agenda-driven prosecutors who have gone rogue. Many of them are refusing to bring charges against so-called 'low-level' or 'non-violent' offenders. Under their leadership, which has been abhorrent in many cases, many violent offenders don't stay in jail—they're back on the streets and free to commit more crimes. That is the universe in which I, and millions of Americans, live in."

During Monday's afternoon White House press briefing, Psaki was asked about her comments that have led to the controversy. A reporter
asked about her comments that have led to the controversy. A reporter asked if those statements reflected Psaki's personal opinion or if there were reflective of the Biden administration's priorities.

Psaki shot back that her comments have been taken out of context and that she was instead criticizing Fox News' coverage of the administration.

Psaki is pissed that deflecting coverage isn't working. CNN is trying to be more truthful because they have been getting killed in viewership, so they throw out softballs of 8500 troops. Problem is, crime is a very true topic at the moment as well & people are more interested in their own safety.

They're in deep trouble ahead of midterms & they know it.

Crime has gone up in states that release low level offenders and those that do not. I agree I think they should be in jail if they need to be in jail but the majority of the time it is not a good use of resources to have these individuals jailed or have a high bail amount for a low level offense. This isn't just black and white there is a lot of grey involved in the criminal justice system and what Psaki was saying is lets not weaponize this for political agendas. Ahem Ahem. But please continue your diatribe.
Just consider for a moment, the person calling Psaki an idiot.

Ummmm... it is a political issue. It's mostly at the state / local level, but it's also a federal issue, starting at the southern border.

Notice how the idea of making the penalty for gun committed crimes even more drastic falls on deaf ears? They don't want gun laws, they want no guns. Gun laws still mean you have to hold the personal accountable for their actions. "No guns" gets us this non existent utopia they cant seem to figure out can't exist in the real world.
I’m not one that has, or ever will, call for no guns. But I just don’t see how the current situation is truly sustainable. Yes, gun control laws, whatever they are, will only work for people who follow those laws, and you’re still left with criminals who handle guns.

one thing I’d do is propose that any time police seize weapons, unless they’re needed during a trial, those guns should be destroyed ASAP. No selling them at auction, no keeping in storage, just plain destroyed. I also think there should be hefty fines when guns are seized that aren’t legally registered/purchased for the gun manufacturers as a penalty for them not properly tracking their products. I’d do this for both domestic and international manufacturers. I admit, I don’t know how workable that might be in reality, but I’d like something tried on that end.

there are just too many guns out there, be they legal or otherwise. Sadly, imo, many of the guns that have been purchased legally were bought out of fear and paranoia, and not actual need. But it’s part of our gun culture that if you want to protect yourself, you HAVE to do it with a gun, nothing else will do.

Ummmm... it is a political issue. It's mostly at the state / local level, but it's also a federal issue, starting at the southern border.
Where is the southern boarder questioned in this at all? The majority of the complaints I have heard are coming from California and New York. The concern I see is theft not being prosecuted and now businesses theft expense is going up parabolic. Look I don't agree with that, again however what does California's decisions have anything to do with Biden and thus making it a political issue stating incompetence, that is what Fox news was doing.

What about increased Crime in Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas ect? The focus of Fox has only been on the democratic states, while not acknowledging the overall increase in crime across states. The other issue is some crime rates went significantly down in 2020 due to the pandemic and people being home primarily, so more of a recency bias rather than looking at the full picture (Murders did increase however in 2020). Yet when you look at murders which is skyrocketing 77% is caused by firearms. So if you want to think logically if Fox news is wanting a decrease in murders the easiest solution is to ban firearms. Now we know the firestorm that would create but the are answers and reasons to some of the questions, there are also solutions that many that are complaining do not think is a valid solution. The murder rate is still significantly less than in the 90's. But ultimately this all just for political gain and banter and not really trying to find solutions.

Last edited:
Where is the southern boarder questioned in this at all? The majority of the complaints I have heard are coming from California and New York. The concern I see is theft not being prosecuted and now businesses theft expense is going up parabolic. Look I don't agree with that, again however what does California's decisions have anything to do with Biden and thus making it a political issue stating incompetence, that is what Fox news was doing.

What about increased Crime in Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas ect? The focus of Fox has only been on the democratic states, while not acknowledging the overall increase in crime across states. Yet when you look at murders which is skyrocketing 77% is caused by firearms. So if you want to think logically if Fox news is wanting a decrease in murders the easiest solution is to ban firearms. Now we know the firestorm that would create but the are answers and reasons to some of the questions, there are also solutions that many that are complaining do not think is a valid solution. The murder rate is still significantly less than in the 90's. But ultimately this all just for political gain and banter and not really trying to find solutions.
I don't watch Fox News.

I said it's mostly a state and local problem.

Firearms don't cause crime. They are a tool used by criminals.

It's a federal problem when there's widespread drug trafficking and people trafficking coming across the border.

I don't watch Fox News.

It's a federal problem when there's widespread drug trafficking and people trafficking coming across the border.
You’re not wrong here, but while they ARE problems, they aren’t the massive drivers of crime rates, at least outside the states along the southern border, alone. Fox News (which you know is the single largest source of news for conservatives), would have you believe that it’s solely liberal policies, AGs, etc that are at fault for this.

And they also forget to mention that a large chunk of money in the American Rescue plan Biden passed last year had several hundred million dollars earmarked for law enforcement…much of which is still unused.

What about increased Crime in Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas ect? The focus of Fox has only been on the democratic states, while not acknowledging the overall increase in crime across states. Yet when you look at murders which is skyrocketing 77% is caused by firearms. So if you want to think logically if Fox news is wanting a decrease in murders the easiest solution is to ban firearms. Now we know the firestorm that would create but the are answers and reasons to some of the questions, there are also solutions that many that are complaining do not think is a valid solution. The murder rate is still significantly less than in the 90's. But ultimately this all just for political gain and banter and not really trying to find solutions.

I'm skeptical that murderers are going to turn in their tools of the trade, just saying.

I don't watch Fox News.

Wow didn't realize any of this is a new issue. Regarding firearms, again I said my piece I am not surprised a bunch of republicans got in a ruckus because of it. It is well known that there are less murders in countries that do not have guns. You think it is an ample risk of having guns. Just don't be the one stating there is too much crime when there are viable solutions you don't want to listen to it. I would love to debate this more but I know you and turkey sasquatch will not change your mind.

Notice how the idea of making the penalty for gun committed crimes even more drastic falls on deaf ears? They don't want gun laws, they want no guns. Gun laws still mean you have to hold the personal accountable for their actions. "No guns" gets us this non existent utopia they cant seem to figure out can't exist in the real world.
Yup…they hate guns and want to punish gun crimes and on the other end they don’t want to put minorities in jail and want minority gun criminals to not have to pay bail. So, what you get is a bunch of nuts pointing their ire at inanimate objects, instead of violent criminals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT