ADVERTISEMENT

Police Group Slams Psaki for Comments on Crime Amid Rash of Officer Shootings

Apr 18, 2021
Buckhead GA
A national law enforcement organization, the National Fraternal Order of Police (NFOP), has blasted White House press secretary Jen Psaki following her recent comments on crime, which come during a recent wave of attacks on police, some deadly.

On Monday, the NFOP released a statement on social media in which the organization and its president, Patrick Yoes, called out Psaki for "mocking" and "belittling" Americans who have concerns about "the nation's skyrocketing crime rates and increased violence."

"I think it's wrong—very wrong—for Mrs. Psaki to suggest that violent crime in our country is of no concern or to just laugh it off. She may be safe in the White House, one of the most protected buildings in the United States, but not everyone feels safe in their workplace," said Yoes. "The world we find ourselves in is dangerous and is becoming increasingly more so. Tens of thousands of people have been the victims of crime this month alone and some of them never made it back home."

Over the weekend, during an interview on a podcast, Psaki, was discussing national news coverage, when she specifically mentioned a Fox News segment with Jeanine Pirro.

"If you look at Fox at a daily basis. I mean, do you remember the four boxes that you, that we had on all the TVs, right? Which is on my TV right now. So, right now, to give you a sense, so CNN: Pentagon as many as 8,500 U.S. troops on heightened alert, OK. True. Same on MSNBC. CNBC is doing their own thing about the market. And then on Fox is Jeanine Pirro talking about soft on crime consequences. I mean, what, what does that even mean, right? So, there's an alternate universe on some coverage. What's scary about it is a lot of people watch that."
The statement from the NFOP and Yoes goes on to state that while there may be many reasons for the recent uptick in attacks on police officers, they point to one specific reason: the judicial system.

"There are many reasons for this escalating violence in many of our communities, and one of them is the agenda-driven prosecutors who have gone rogue. Many of them are refusing to bring charges against so-called 'low-level' or 'non-violent' offenders. Under their leadership, which has been abhorrent in many cases, many violent offenders don't stay in jail—they're back on the streets and free to commit more crimes. That is the universe in which I, and millions of Americans, live in."

During Monday's afternoon White House press briefing, Psaki was asked about her comments that have led to the controversy. A reporter
asked about her comments that have led to the controversy. A reporter asked if those statements reflected Psaki's personal opinion or if there were reflective of the Biden administration's priorities.

Psaki shot back that her comments have been taken out of context and that she was instead criticizing Fox News' coverage of the administration.

Psaki said:
"And then on Fox is Jeanine Pirro talking about soft on crime consequences. I mean, what, what does that even mean, right? So, there's an alternate universe on some coverage. What's scary about it is a lot of people watch that."

Taken out of context Jen?

How so?

Psaki is an idiot and I think there are fewer and fewer people who defend her.

Pass gun rules that add 10 years to anyone who Commits a crime with a firearm. I'm tired of butt****s doing illegal shit and impacting my rights.

Reactions: rchawk
I agree with this: "I think it's wrong—very wrong—for Mrs. Psaki to suggest that violent crime in our country is of no concern or to just laugh it off.

I don't think this: "And then on Fox is Jeanine Pirro talking about soft on crime consequences. I mean, what, what does that even mean, right? So, there's an alternate universe on some coverage." Is necessarily that.

I wouldn't give up my guns. Perhaps there is a solution here though.
Not even for a safer country? Why do you NEED a gun? Safety? Food? Opening a beer can? Sport?
It’s definitely not a necessity, so why wouldn’t you give up your guns if it made the country safer?
And I’m not a gun hater, lots of my family owns them and I’ve asked them the same question.
They are just too stubborn to give them up, and the constitution something or other.

Not even for a safer country? Why do you NEED a gun? Safety? Food? Opening a beer can? Sport?
It’s definitely not a necessity, so why wouldn’t you give up your guns if it made the country safer?
And I’m not a gun hater, lots of my family owns them and I’ve asked them the same question.
They are just too stubborn to give them up, and the constitution something or other.
Non murderers giving up their guns won’t make the country any safer. Why don’t you give up your car? Way more car accidents.

Pretty simple: gun freedoms > gun costs or individual liberty > societal good.

Why would I disarm myself knowing full well that bad guys wouldn't do the same?

We already have oodles of gun control laws, in fact it's unlawful to shoot a police officer, yet it continues to happen hundreds of times a year. How do you suppose we stop that from happening as often?
It is unlawful to shoot anybody. If a criminal commits a crime with a gun on his person, and you add ten years to his sentence for that, that's ten years he can't murder somebody. How is that not a good thing?

Reactions: Chief Turkeyscratch
It is unlawful to shoot anybody. If a criminal commits a crime with a gun on his person, and you add ten years to his sentence for that, that's ten years he can't murder somebody. How is that not a good thing?

Do you really thing that leftwing prosecutors and judges will follow through with that? Take a look at NYC. They aren't even using the laws already on the books.

So you want a country full of easy targets? Do you think criminals and gangs are just going to hand over their illegal arsenals?

So you want a country full of easy targets? Do you think criminals and gangs are just going to hand over their illegal arsenals?
Notice how the idea of making the penalty for gun committed crimes even more drastic falls on deaf ears? They don't want gun laws, they want no guns. Gun laws still mean you have to hold the personal accountable for their actions. "No guns" gets us this non existent utopia they cant seem to figure out can't exist in the real world.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
ADVERTISEMENT