ADVERTISEMENT

Police release photos of Baton Rouge shooter at scene

Never seen anyone varmint shooting with a bullpup. I'd actually give the gun grabbers those and the collapsible stocks.....BUT if you give them an inch they will take a mile.

Ban Chevy Malibu!!!!!! He couldn't have done it if he didn't get there.

Sporting rifles. For varmints and shooting cans.
I have a Stag model 2L with a Nikon Buckmaster scope. It's a shooter, probably better than I am. Destroys eggs at 200 yards.

If I did decide that it was someone's time to go, they'd be dead before the sound got there.

Never seen anyone varmint shooting with a bullpup. I'd actually give the gun grabbers those and the collapsible stocks.....BUT if you give them an inch they will take a mile.

That's the spirit, never compromise! The threat of the hypothetical slippery slope is much.more important than accomplishing anything good.

If I did decide that it was someone's time to go, they'd be dead before the sound got there.

Call me crazy, but I think if you make the same decision with any rifle bigger than a 22 and you hit your mark, this would be the case. And I certainly wouldn't want to be the guy who lets you experiment with the 22 either.

I would classify the bull pup as an actual assault weapon. I know that they are sold with the 16 inch barrel but that is a loophole that should be closed. Similar to the Sig pm400, it should be regulated as an SBR.

I would classify the bull pup as an actual assault weapon. I know that they are sold with the 16 inch barrel but that is a loophole that should be closed. Similar to the Sig pm400, it should be regulated as an SBR.

Is that the "pistol" that is basically an AR-15 with the swing out stock? You can practically conceal carry it from what I've seen?

I'm with the poster who said "I'd actually give in on this" type of gun. I simply don't see the purpose of it, but then again if you want to be honest what's the purpose of a 30-round magazine on an AR-15? Nobody's going to go hunting and need to fire off 30 rounds - a simple bolt-action with 5 capacity would be fine for almost every hunting need I can think of.

Note, for the record, I have a Colt 6920LE (basically the M4) and I love it for target shooting 2-3 times a year - I'm not a hunter, nor do I have any need to drop a coyote or whatever...

Nice little hunting collection he's got there. Where is the grenade launcher? Scary what people can amass when it comes to weapons. This is beyond a hunting rifle or hand gun for protection.

What does hunting have to do with any of this? I'm confused as to why why it keeps coming up.

I'm pro gun, but you know why myself and others discuss it - there's basically only a handful of purposes for a gun:

1) Personal / Property Protection
2) Target Shooting / Recreation
3) Hunting
4) Militia / Tyranny

Regarding the first one, I'm not sure where we need to draw the line. Perhaps there doesn't need to be a line, I don't know? But it's hard to justify why anybody needs one of those bull pup guns for personal protection and obviously if it gets in the wrong hands it can cause a ton of damage.

Regarding the last one, If you think for a second that any gun you, me, or any civilian owns would be worth a crap against the government's tanks, planes, and other equipment, you're crazy.

I'm pro gun, but you know why myself and others discuss it - there's basically only a handful of purposes for a gun:

1) Personal / Property Protection
2) Target Shooting / Recreation
3) Hunting
4) Militia / Tyranny

Regarding the first one, I'm not sure where we need to draw the line. Perhaps there doesn't need to be a line, I don't know? But it's hard to justify why anybody needs one of those bull pup guns for personal protection and obviously if it gets in the wrong hands it can cause a ton of damage.

Regarding the last one, If you think for a second that any gun you, me, or any civilian owns would be worth a crap against the government's tanks, planes, and other equipment, you're crazy.

5) Criminal Activity
6) Collecting / Selling for Profit

Regarding the first one, I'm not sure where we need to draw the line.
The SCOTUS just drew the line again this year as all instruments that constitutes bearable arms in an 8-0 decision in Caetano v Massachusetts.

But it's hard to justify why anybody needs one of those bull pup guns for personal protection and obviously if it gets in the wrong hands it can cause a ton of damage.

Wouldn't requiring someone to justify something make it a privilege and not a right? What other right would you require a justification for?

The SCOTUS just drew the line again this year as all instruments that constitutes bearable arms in an 8-0 decision in Caetano v Massachusetts.

Wouldn't requiring someone to justify something make it a privilege and not a right? What other right would you require a justification for?

Like there having to be a fire in a crowded room before you could yell fire? That kind of justification?

ADVERTISEMENT