ADVERTISEMENT

Polish Javelin Thrower Auctions Silver Olympic Medal to Pay for Boy's Heart Surgery

THE_DEVIL

HR King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
"The true value of a medal always remains in the heart," Andrejczyk said, per The Times. "A medal is only an object, but it can be of great value to others. This silver can save lives, instead of collecting dust in a closet. That is why I decided to auction it to help sick children."

LRZk9kpTURBXy85ZjMxMTZhMGI0OTI5ZmI2M2IyODFjMGNjZDJkMzcwMC5qcGeSlQMAFs0Eis0CjpMFzQSwzQJ0gqEwAaExAQ

Sounds like Poland has insurance based healthcare.

Poland doesn't have a surgeon capable of performing the surgery.

That's why the kid is being sent to Stanford. Because apparently the Stanford surgical team wasn't interested in flying to Poland to work on the kid, I guess...

Reactions: Torg and Moral
Poland doesn't have a surgeon capable of performing the surgery.

That's why the kid is being sent to Stanford. Because apparently the Stanford surgical team wasn't interested in flying to Poland to work on the kid, I guess...

You seem to be very informed on this topic...explaining why the child is going to to Stanford for the surgery and all.

FYI...the child died in March.

You seem to be very informed on this topic
I read the linked article.

So, if that's your definition of what is required to be "very informed", I'm curious as to whether you bother to read past a headline.

No, I did not further Google the issue.

Kudos to both the donor and the winning bidder for their aid to a child in need. It’s a shame that the child died, but I applaud the efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT