ADVERTISEMENT

Politics Clouding COVID

Jimmy McGill

HR Legend
Sep 9, 2018
Earth
Over 379,000 dead today.

POTUS hasn't talked about COVID since December 8th.

The sooner we can get back to focusing on COVID, the better.

I know for a fact that there are vaccines that are out there but not being distributed. An absolute shit show.

Who all here knows someone that has died from COVID? I know 2.

My dad passed away from it on December 3rd and it hurts immensely. He was 79 but was still sharp and had some good years left.

The thing that angers me the most is the continues incompetence from this administration. The vaccine was too late for my dad, but to know that more families are needlessly losing loved ones and grieving is infuriating considering the feds had 8+ months to plan the distribution of doses.

Over 379,000 dead today.

I know for a fact that there are vaccines that are out there but not being distributed. An absolute shit show.

I know 3 people who lost their Dad's and yes to all this but unfortunately this isn't even politics it is a ****ing Monster trying to attack us and collapse us, all on this ****er Trump but you are still right. Biden needs to use the Defense production act to ramp up production and distribution methods when he is in office.

I’ve known two personally. One was the husband of wives co-worker. He was about 80 but in good health previously.

the other was the father of a friend. He was mid 70’s and very unhealthy.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Over 379,000 dead today.

You mean 370,000 total, not just today

• Wow
Reactions: ChrisVarick
My dad passed away from it on December 3rd and it hurts immensely. He was 79 but was still sharp and had some good years left.

The thing that angers me the most is the continues incompetence from this administration. The vaccine was too late for my dad, but to know that more families are needlessly losing loved ones and grieving is infuriating considering the feds had 8+ months to plan the distribution of doses.

Truly sad for your loss Thunder. It feels wrong when people have good years left. It is wrong period, but I'm not certain why we are giving the vaccine with folks in nursing homes with intense dementia before the folks like your dad that had good years left.

Thanks Jimmy.

I try not to place blame or make it a political issue, but when you have such an evil man ‘leading’ the executive branch and his sycophants governing many states (including Iowa) while ignoring science to stay in his good favor, it’s difficult not to.

Although my positions on many issues are center or slight right, I absolutely refuse to vote Republican because as a whole they are dishonest, sleazy, incompetent, cheating, cold-hearted pricks. With Republican presidents we end up with horribly unqualified people like Michael Brown and Betsy DeVos leading departments, and the results are predictable.

I don’t expect our president to be God, or even the smartest person in the room, but I do expect him/her to surround themselves with experts, heed their advice, and run a competent executive branch. The last two Republicans in the White House have failed miserably.

There is a psychological phenomenon where deaths become so great that people are unable to comprehend the magnitude—they can only process smaller numbers. For example, if someone is given the choice to save 10 people from either a crowd of 100 or from a crowd of 1,000 they will always gravitate towards saving 10 from the group of 100 even though the amount saved is identical. Americans have now normalized over 4,000 dead per day—it’s unconscionable.

Reactions: noleclone2

4,259 reported deaths today. New Record. Nobody talking about it. Incredible.

No one is talking about it?

C'mon... the only reason it's not dominating the 1st page of HROT is because of the political situation.

No one is talking about it?

C'mon... the only reason it's not dominating the 1st page of HROT is because of the political situation.
Hi. Did you read the title of the thread in which you are posting a response to my observation?

Over 379,000 dead today.

Oddly, he just talked about it ten minutes or so ago.

He said that the Federal Government can now assure delivery of the vaccine to all states, in whatever amounts they need.

He cited Texas and Florida as states that are holding up their end of the deal, and noted that certain other states are not getting it out as quickly.

I live in Las Vegas and the state of Nevada is really dragging its feet. They are prioritizing incorrectly, and to this point about 1% of the residents of Las Vegas have been vaccinated ... implying a run rate of 250,000 vaccinations a year ... or eight years to get to all of us.

From what I can see, the president has taken care of his end of the deal and now the states, in combination with the federal bureaucracy are worrying more about fairness than rapid distribution.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Friends in LA lost their daughter (mid-40's) while they were in the hospital battling it themselves. Another friend's mother (early 80's) died. And last week, the mother of one of my 8th grade students died. Nobody wants to tell me to my face that it's a hoax or "just the flu".

Oddly, he just talked about it ten minutes or so ago.

He said that the Federal Government can now assure delivery of the vaccine to all states, in whatever amounts they need.

He cited Texas and Florida as states that are holding up their end of the deal, and noted that certain other states are not getting it out as quickly.

I live in Las Vegas and the state of Nevada is really dragging its feet. They are prioritizing incorrectly, and to this point about 1% of the residents of Las Vegas have been vaccinated ... implying a run rate of 250,000 vaccinations a year ... or eight years to get to all of us.

From what I can see, the president has taken care of his end of the deal and now the states, in combination with the federal bureaucracy are worrying more about fairness than rapid distribution.
Yeah apparently NY has really been a mess too. Healthcare workers aren't as enthusiastic about getting it as anticipated, and they aren't being redistributed to others when the health workers are declining, so they're going bad. Apparently FL hasn't had that issue.

I think I heard NY was going to adopt something more like FL so hopefully that'll help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT