ADVERTISEMENT

Polk County (Iowa) Voting Predictions…

joelbc1

HB King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
My bride is a poll worker and today she had her County pre-election” tutorial for voting on Election Day. Other than learning how to change voter’s ballot from “Republican” to “Democrat” (joking!), she was told…… As of today, Polk Co. had received over 25k applications for absentee ballots (voters have until the 21st to submit these requests) and Polk County is expecting between 140k-160k voters at the polls on Election Day.
Poll workers were told to expect “poll watchers” and were given a list of what rights these folks have…..and do not have. They were told that Polk Co. has never had a poll worker “threatened” (job related) and they don’t expect any such threats this election either.

I don’t know how these numbers compare to past election cycles, but the numbers listed impressed me. Remember to Vote!

Remember all you Trumpanzees…..November 6th is your day to shine!

It still blows my mind how many precautions we now have to make as a country come election cycles. Pretty crazy how things have changed since I cast my first Presidential vote in 2008. It's like there's no class or respect for these things anymore.

Trumpers are going to hate hearing this, but it's 100% due to him and his MAGA supporters making a mockery out of something that's a given right as an American. I wish that's something people realized. It's like we're all participating in a WWE backstory. Sad state that we're in.

That’s a shame your wife still has to be working a poll. Not sure how she looked in her younger days but I can imagine she garners much attention if she’s as old as you. But then again people have some weird kinks.

Op's wife working poll...

Pole Dance GIF by Cleo The Hurricane

My bride is a poll worker and today she had her County pre-election” tutorial for voting on Election Day. Other than learning how to change voter’s ballot from “Republican” to “Democrat” (joking!), she was told…… As of today, Polk Co. had received over 25k applications for absentee ballots (voters have until the 21st to submit these requests) and Polk County is expecting between 140k-160k voters at the polls on Election Day.
Poll workers were told to expect “poll watchers” and were given a list of what rights these folks have…..and do not have. They were told that Polk Co. has never had a poll worker “threatened” (job related) and they don’t expect any such threats this election either.

I don’t know how these numbers compare to past election cycles, but the numbers listed impressed me. Remember to Vote!

I just read today that Gen Z is absolutely disgusted with "Boomer Ellipses". That was new one on me but I instantly though of OP.

Obligatory pic of OP's wife pole dancing....(<----boomer ellipses)

tumblr_ple9rsXeYe1qza1qzo1_540.gif

I just read today that Gen Z is absolutely disgusted with "Boomer Ellipses". That was new one on me but I instantly though of OP.

Obligatory pic of OP's wife pole dancing....(<----boomer ellipses)

tumblr_ple9rsXeYe1qza1qzo1_540.gif
Triggered by punctuation? I thought I’d heard it all.

Hey! That's cheatin!

It still blows my mind how many precautions we now have to make as a country come election cycles. Pretty crazy how things have changed since I cast my first Presidential vote in 2008. It's like there's no class or respect for these things anymore.

Trumpers are going to hate hearing this, but it's 100% due to him and his MAGA supporters making a mockery out of something that's a given right as an American. I wish that's something people realized. It's like we're all participating in a WWE backstory. Sad state that we're in.
Like this past weekend where the Orange Phuquer hinted that Democrats were behind his assassination attempts of ther last couple of months? The sumbitch just lies, and lies and then lies some more….and no one calls him on it.

Like this past weekend where the Orange Phuquer hinted that Democrats were behind his assassination attempts of ther last couple of months? The sumbitch just lies, and lies and then lies some more….and no one calls him on it.
Well both the people that tried to kill him had donated to actblue so.......

Yeah, and people eat it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT