• leinenkeugels Summer shandy

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Corona / corona light

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
I am only including miller lite to determine how many people need to be stoned to death. I am keeping the poll limited but will add choices by popular demand

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
I am only including miller lite to determine how many people need to be stoned to death. I am keeping the pool limited but will add choices by popular demand

Stop pussyfootin’ around OP
Baltika_4_dark_lager.jpg

As my daughter would have said when she was 2: no hanks
Just playing. About ten years ago I was in Palm Beach at the Four Seasons on a hot August day. I went to the pool bar and Baltika was on draft. I thought whodafuq would put Ruski roofi juice in them and then realized, half the hotel was Russian. Lots of Commie money in SoFla.

CSB

Reactions: Tenacious E
In bottles...

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy with lemon wedge
Corona Light with lime wedge

In cans...

Miller Lite

All served ice cold.

I am only including miller lite to determine how many people need to be stoned to death. I am keeping the pool limited but will add choices by popular demand

Miller Lite tastes great and it's less filling.

I fail to see the problem, here.

Neither, it’s my redneck shandy consisting of roughly 1:1 up to 2:1 ratio of any American crap adjunct lager (I prefer Miller High Life for this purpose with Kokanee Canadian Glacier beer being the only thing better but tougher to find, but any will do, Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light, Bud Heavy, PBR, Rolling Rock, A$$house, Natty, you name it) to Publix lemonade. For heathens who don’t live near a Publix, then I suppose Minute Maid would do in a pinch.

That combo is my go to “after lawnwork”, after fishing trip, or summer bbq drink.

Neither, it’s my redneck shandy consisting of roughly 1:1 up to 2:1 ratio of any American crap adjunct lager (I prefer Miller High Life for this purpose with Kokanee Canadian Glacier beer being the only thing better but tougher to find, but any will do, Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light, Bud Heavy, PBR, Rolling Rock, A$$house, Natty, you name it) to Publix lemonade. For heathens who don’t live near a Publix, then I suppose Minute Maid would do in a pinch.

That combo is my go to “after lawnwork”, after fishing trip, or summer bbq drink.
So your go to beer has 1%-2% alcohol. I’d rather just have the lemonade

So your go to beer has 1%-2% alcohol. I’d rather just have the lemonade

First it’s up to 2-1 beer to lemonade so Miller High Life is 4.6% so it’s going to range between 2-3.2%. I haven’t gotten drunk on beer in years. If your goal is to get drunk then I need some liquor. You can always toss in a pure, tasteless vodka like Ocean, Reyka, Skull or Russian Standard Platinum or if you want to emphasize the outside summer/spring element then add a really floral gin like Bloom, Dillon’s Unfiltered, or Hendrick’s Midsummer Solstice. That turns it into a similar flavor but with more kick than beer. But honestly, I’m usually very happy with a low alcohol option in the heat of Florida. Our sun is a harsher mistress than that wimpy Midwestern version.

First it’s up to 2-1 beer to lemonade so Miller High Life is 4.6% so it’s going to range between 2-3.2%. I haven’t gotten drunk on beer in years. If your goal is to get drunk then I need some liquor. You can always toss in a pure, tasteless vodka like Ocean, Reyka, Skull or Russian Standard Platinum or if you want to emphasize the outside summer/spring element then add a really floral gin like Bloom, Dillon’s Unfiltered, or Hendrick’s Midsummer Solstice. That turns it into a similar flavor but with more kick than beer. But honestly, I’m usually very happy with a low alcohol option in the heat of Florida. Our sun is a harsher mistress than that wimpy Midwestern version.

When entertaining in the Florida heat, we mix up something we call "vodka lemon-aid" which has vodka and lemons (of course) mixed into a punch with Sprite and lots of sugar. Goes down EASY and so refreshing.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Had the ratios flipped.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Not a beer drinker any more - but the key is "ice cold"...meaning, bury whatever in a cooler all day long, and drink 'em fast once removed.

There's just something about ice cold anything where it levels the playing field so to speak. Everything tastes better. I know fridge cold versus ice cold, if the temp of the drink is the same it shouldn't matter.

But for whatever reason, it does.

Reactions: Tenacious E
When entertaining in the Florida heat, we mix up something we call "vodka lemon-aid" which has vodka and lemons (of course) mixed into a punch with Sprite and lots of sugar. Goes down EASY and so refreshing.

That’s similar to Ugly Get Naked Juice or as apparently the Nebraskans call it Strip and Go Naked Punch as I couldn’t find an online recipe for the first but it’s identical to the latter.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/71260/strip-and-go-naked/

That plus Harry Buffalo, a Marching Chiefs original punch which I am bound to secrecy (but the main ingredients are Hawaiian Punch Syrup, Everclear 190 grain alcohol and Vodka with some secret ingredients) are my usual tailgating cocktails.

Reactions: The Tradition
I voted for the shandy, but my preference would be a good michelada (not the tomato juice version - just a simple one with beer, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and Tajin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT