ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Bigger Liar, Trump or Hillary?

Biggest liar - Trump or Hillary?

• I voted for or preferred Trump. Hillary is the bigger liar - by far.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • I voted for or preferred Trump. Hillary is the bigger liar - but Trump comes in a close second.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I voted for or preferred Trump. Trump is the bigger liar - but Hillary comes in a close second.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I voted for or preferred Trump. Trump is the bigger liar - by far.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I voted for or preferred Hillary. Trump is the bigger liar - by far.

Votes: 50 51.0%
  • I voted for or preferred Hillary. Trump is the bigger liar - but Hillary comes in a close second.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I voted for or preferred Hillary. Hillary is the bigger liar - but Trump comes in a close second.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I voted for or preferred Hillary. Hillary is the bigger liar - by far.

Votes: 4 4.1%

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
I was surprised when someone in another thread said the Hillary lies about everything, or words to that effect. With the distinct implication that she is even worse than Trump.

Now this was one of our cons, but not one of the particularly unreasonable ones. So it took me by surprise. Because while I could understand him not trusting Hillary, I find it hard that any but the most delusional Trump supporters (which he isn't) would think her worse than Trump.

But maybe that's just my lefty bias and tolerance - giving cons too much credit. Hence this poll.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
Everything that comes out of Hillary's mouth is a lie. Everything is focus group-tested for maximum political appeal. She's a complete fake, doesn't mean anything she says, the only thing that matters is whether it helps her politically.

Trump just says whatever he feels like saying at the time.

But I'm not sure Trump knows he's lying. I honestly believe he thinks that if it comes out of his mouth it's true. Evidence doesn't phase him because he can just call it fake...and BELIEVE it.

Everything that comes out of Hillary's mouth is a lie. Everything is focus group-tested for maximum political appeal. She's a complete fake, doesn't mean anything she says, the only thing that matters is whether it helps her politically.

wrong on both counts. BAU

Reactions: PCBHAWK
After 20 years of demonizing Hillary attitudes like Trad's are now an article of faith among conservatives. So when somebody like Trump comes along, who tells more lies in a week than Hillary has told in her life, they are too emotionally invested in their fiction to admit that Trump has her beat.

People can deal with the lies but Trump is just so damn stupid. He is trailer park trash with some money.....

In her political career, Hillary has had the opportunity
to tell more lies. This goes back to the time Bill was
in the Oval Office. As First Lady, as New York Senator,
and Secretary of State, she has told some whoppers.
There is a reason she was defeated last November.
Nobody trusts Hillary.

They're both liars, but Hillary's lies are a lot more dangerous and do a lot more damage. Trump's lie is him talking about building a wall that he has no intention of building. Hillary's lies are about running guns and starting wars that are causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Reactions: ghost80
I was surprised when someone in another thread said the Hillary lies about everything, or words to that effect. With the distinct implication that she is even worse than Trump.

Now this was one of our cons, but not one of the particularly unreasonable ones. So it took me by surprise. Because while I could understand him not trusting Hillary, I find it hard that any but the most delusional Trump supporters (which he isn't) would think her worse than Trump.

But maybe that's just my lefty bias and tolerance - giving cons too much credit. Hence this poll.

You left out a large group in your poll. What about those that preferred neither?

Reactions: Chuck C
It's Hillary, and it ain't close. She lies and she knows it's a lie when she says it. Trump think's he's telling the truth, it just turns out to be false. That's the difference.

Of course, Obama had a tough time telling the truth.
Then, as we prepare to celebrate Memorial Day in
our nation, we are reminded that it was Obama who
went to Japan and apologized for Truman dropping
bombs on two of their cities. Obama had a butt-
kissing foreign policy that made us ashamed for
winning WWII.

Reactions: Madman_1
It's Hillary, and it ain't close. She lies and she knows it's a lie when she says it. Trump think's he's telling the truth, it just turns out to be false. That's the difference.

This really could be the factor, Trump may actually believe some of his absurdities.

Reactions: thewop

Precisely. All of this was known to voters in October. And enough of them in the right places opted for the latter. Blows my mind. What you're bitching about is exactly what the office requires. It doesn't matter if Trump will never push the button. Him saying he might sets unwanted and unnecessary shit into motion.

Are you saying Trump isn't smart enough to know when he is lying?

Are you saying Trump isn't smart enough to know when he is lying?
I do believe Hillary would beat Trump in an IQ test. I think Trump is more willing to jump to conclusions and potentially be wrong, as he would have in the private sector, leaving it to his team to parse through he details. In politics, it's not OK to be wrong. Hillary knows that probably better than anyone, and has lived it for years. She's well-trained in politics, while Trump is well-trained in business.

Our CEO used to make bold statements that were wrong all the time. For about 2 years I thought he was an idiot. Then I realized he loved it when we pushed back on him. It actually made things get done faster, because if you didn't come up with how you wanted it done, it was going to be done the crazy way he suggested to begin with. That's just the type of manager he was.

I don't know if that's how Trump is or not, but I believe he's unafraid to take a leap without all the facts, and I do believe he trusts the people he's appointed to various positions to push back and advise.

they both lie in a routine manner. It's hard to quantify that. I found them both unqualified. It's the reason, I for the first voted third party

This is demonstrably false, and has been proven to be so by fact checkers over and over. Thirty years of demonization by the right wing echo chamber has been very effective.

she lies about murders

I'm not sure I'd believe either one of them if they told me water was wet. Hillary has never felt she had any obligation to tell the truth about anything. She has told proven lies, dating back to her Rose Law Firm days.
Trump is a shady business man. His past is littered with people he has lied to and screwed over in one way or another.
Look, we were given the choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. The giant douche won. That doesn't make the turd sandwich any less of a turd sandwich.

Reactions: Chuck C
I'm not sure I'd believe either one of them if they told me water was wet. Hillary has never felt she had any obligation to tell the truth about anything. She has told proven lies, dating back to her Rose Law Firm days.
Trump is a shady business man. His past is littered with people he has lied to and screwed over in one way or another.
Look, we were given the choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. The giant douche won. That doesn't make the turd sandwich any less of a turd sandwich.

False. You were given the choice between an intelligent, experienced and qualified candidate who has spent her adult life in service of her country and an ignorant, uncurious, narcissistic, sociopath, pathological liar who is intellectually, temperamentally and morally unqualified and unfit who has spent his life in service to Donald Trump.

Reactions: Tunadog
False. You were given the choice between an intelligent, experienced and qualified candidate who has spent her adult life in service of her country and an ignorant, uncurious, narcissistic, sociopath, pathological liar who is intellectually, temperamentally and morally unqualified and unfit who has spent his life in service to Donald Trump.
she has spent her whole life telling lies about crimes and murders

This is demonstrably false, and has been proven to be so by fact checkers over and over. Thirty years of demonization by the right wing echo chamber has been very effective.
While I agree that Hillary has been relentlessly attacked by the right - with the result that many (most?) on the right reflexively despise her - it's also true that Hillary has earned the dislike of folks like me for the war-mongering, the selling out to Wall Street, the promotion of fracking, the smearing of opponents and, yes, the lies.

The real problem for the Democratic Party (and some would say the whole nation) is not that she was unacceptable to the right, but that she became unacceptable to workers and lefties and conservationists and peaceniks and small-d democrats.

If the Dems don't recognize this and fix it, just demonizing Trump (deservedly so) won't right the ship. Yet I see no such recognition or inclination from the Dem mainstream.

Considering they still attack Nader 17 years later, I'm not holding my breath.

While I agree that Hillary has been relentlessly attacked by the right - with the result that many (most?) on the right reflexively despise her - it's also true that Hillary has earned the dislike of folks like me for the war-mongering, the selling out to Wall Street, the promotion of fracking, the smearing of opponents and, yes, the lies.

The real problem for the Democratic Party (and some would say the whole nation) is not that she was unacceptable to the right, but that she became unacceptable to workers and lefties and conservationists and peaceniks and small-d democrats.

If the Dems don't recognize this and fix it, just demonizing Trump (deservedly so) won't right the ship. Yet I see no such recognition or inclination from the Dem mainstream.

Considering they still attack Nader 17 years later, I'm not holding my breath.

I have faith in Trump. He will right the Democrat ship.

Of course, Obama had a tough time telling the truth.
Then, as we prepare to celebrate Memorial Day in
our nation, we are reminded that it was Obama who
went to Japan and apologized for Truman dropping
bombs on two of their cities. Obama had a butt-
kissing foreign policy that made us ashamed for
winning WWII.
Of course none of the above is at all true.

They're both liars, but Hillary's lies are a lot more dangerous and do a lot more damage. Trump's lie is him talking about building a wall that he has no intention of building. Hillary's lies are about running guns and starting wars that are causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.

^^^BINGO^^^

Thread should not have been titled "Who is the bigger liar?" They are both big liars so it doesn't matter who is bigger. What matters is "Whose lies are the most dangerous?"

Reactions: Boris_Badenov
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT