Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Sunny side up

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Hard Boiled

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • I don’t eat eggs

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters
Fried egg is my favorite but rarely cook then that way. If making for the family I just scramble them.

Most often I microwave an egg and put it on an English muffin or bagel.

Poached, but it seems to be getting harder and harder to find a place that prepares poached eggs. I’ll make them at home every once in awhile. The Blue Bird Diner makes a good poached egg

I usually do em scrambled with various veggies (in or on top). Like scrambled better than an omelet. But a good frittata is tasty.

Any way is good. Often will make scrambled the way Gordon Ramsey does.

Honestly, I really like Gordon Ramsey for most things and I’m not afraid of cooking more complicated dishes like various soufflés, cloud eggs or poached egg dishes, but I didn’t care for his overly lardy and too soft eggs. I do love egg dishes and probably cook them twice a week in some form or another. But if I do it scrambled all I do is quickly toss the eggs with a fork a couple of times in a bowl and add in some fresh ground black pepper (I use phu quoc but timut or tellicherry would also work great), some minced fresh tarragon leaves, a sprinkle of Cavender’s Greek seasoning, a twist of fresh ground long pepper and another twist of fresh ground grains of paradise. After the herb and spices are incorporated into the eggs, I just add some butter to low-medium heat on the griddle or pan and pour in the scrambled eggs. With a spatula I constantly move/scrape the cooked eggs away from the bottom allowing the liquidy eggs to pour into the holes I create. It’s done when the scrambled eggs are still wet looking to the eye but not liquid. People underestimate how much the eggs will continue cooking and overcook the eggs by cooking them done and firmly set in the pan. What you aim for is a loose, wet looking/moist set and then take it off the pan and allow it to finish cooking on the plate.

Reactions: rchawk and cmanole
What is the difference between scrambled hard and scrambled soft?

I have never heard those terms before, I have only heard of scrambled eggs.

Reactions: Kozisek
How do you like your eggs?
My main method is to actually use a no stick sauce pan with a lid. I pour some water in the bottom, but not enough to cover the bottom. Medium heat, crack in few eggs, add salt, and put on the lid. The steam keeps the eggs moist and helps cook the yolk from the top. The see through lid let’s me pull them at the perfect color of yolk. So it is a cross between sunny side up and poached. Very easy, no extra calories. I make them almost every day along with some turkey bacon.

I eat eggs for breakfast almost every day. Fried, scrambled, poached, hard boiled and even soft boiled. I have perfected the soft boil to where the very outside of the yolk is cooked but the inside is still runny. They are only good still warm though. Once they cool off they are not so good...

Poached, but it seems to be getting harder and harder to find a place that prepares poached eggs. I’ll make them at home every once in awhile. The Blue Bird Diner makes a good poached egg

Blue Birds sausage sucks a***. That place is the most hyped restaurant in IC

zTIM_0.gif

So scrambled soft is cooked for less time?

For me when I make scrambled eggs I basically cook it til there is no liquid anymore.

I am sure tribe will correct me, but in the Navy when they scramble it hard they put it on the griddle and repeatedly bash the shit out of the yolk with the spatula and then cook it till it’s a firm and yucky slab.

I’m not sure what scrambled soft is in terms of consistency

If I have liquid in my pan when cooking scrambled eggs, to me it means I have cooked them too long. Not actual egg, but water...

You guys are bashing scrambled hard eggs but every restaurant serves it by default. So unless you’re able to special order, thats what we all eat

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Whatever way they come out that particular day. Its a crap shoot on my egg cooking skills as to the end product. I prefer when done correctly over easy on top of toasted bread. Execution percentage about 25% on that.
use my method posted above. They are great that way on top of buttered toast, with some yolk to then sop up with other toast.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Good take. For me the only way to enjoy an egg is to toss it at someone's property.
Unless you have an allergy, I don't know how you cannot think eggs are at least okay. Hating eggs is not quite as weird as saying you hate pizza or fried chicken, but it is in the neighborhood.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT