Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Sunny side up

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Hard Boiled

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • I don’t eat eggs

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters
I am sure tribe will correct me, but in the Navy when they scramble it hard they put it on the griddle and repeatedly bash the shit out of the yolk with the spatula and then cook it till it’s a firm and yucky slab.

I’m not sure what scrambled soft is in terms of consistency

If I have liquid in my pan when cooking scrambled eggs, to me it means I have cooked them too long. Not actual egg, but water...

I've never put water in the pan with my eggs. I just cook til all the egg is solidified.

Unless you have an allergy, I don't know how you cannot think eggs are at least okay. Hating eggs is not quite as weird as saying you hate pizza or fried chicken, but it is in the neighborhood.
Eggs and beans. I won't eat anything that smells the same going in as it does coming out.

I am sure tribe will correct me, but in the Navy when they scramble it hard they put it on the griddle and repeatedly bash the shit out of the yolk with the spatula and then cook it till it’s a firm and yucky slab.

If I have liquid in my pan when cooking scrambled eggs, to me it means I have cooked them too long. Not actual egg, but water...

You can tell the day that the run out of fresh eggs and switch to rehydrated egg powder.

99% of hotels and restaurants I’ve been to throughout Europe cook scrambled eggs French-style (creamy) or they try, and they just end up looking half-cooked. Not a fan.
French-Scrambled-Eggs-Umami-Girl-780-3.jpg

I mix it up and make them just about all of the ways listed. Like me some eggs.

I've never cooked an egg in my life, but I have had to leave the room because someone else broke out cooked eggs.
That's wild. For me, the smells of eggs, sausage, and bacon cooking, coffee brewing, and bread toasting form an olfactory symphony.

You guys are bashing scrambled hard eggs but every restaurant serves it by default. So unless you’re able to special order, thats what we all eat
Every time I've ever eaten eggs in a restaurant they asked me how I wanted them cooked. Unless you're talking about a buffet.

Reactions: rchawk
Every time I've ever eaten eggs in a restaurant they asked me how I wanted them cooked. Unless you're talking about a buffet.

I think the poster mean hard scrambled is the default for scrambled eggs.

I'm not even sure that's true, unless the only place he eats scrambled eggs is Waffle House.

On my occasional trips to Civil War battlefields I always try to get a breakfast in at Waffle House. There are better scrambled eggs out there but it is eating breakfast around working people when I have a week off.

Corinth, Fort Oglethorpe, Vicksburg, Petersburg, there is usually a place called Shirley's or Betty's or Mabel's or something like that with great breakfasts. Often cute waitresses who think we talk funny but are too polite to say it.

There is no such thing as THE one way I want my eggs. Scrambled has its place, but I do want them scrambled soft with a little cheese melted inside. You can't do Bennies without a proper poached egg. On a burger I want over easy, while on a chicken sandwich, I want over medium.
Hard boiled are for deviled eggs and egg salad.
A lot of wrong in this thread. Condolences
Let me see if I can fix that:
322aa2255a098e7b8b984c84b7f9ed11.jpg

My main method is to actually use a no stick sauce pan with a lid. I pour some water in the bottom, but not enough to cover the bottom. Medium heat, crack in few eggs, add salt, and put on the lid. The steam keeps the eggs moist and helps cook the yolk from the top. The see through lid let’s me pull them at the perfect color of yolk. So it is a cross between sunny side up and poached. Very easy, no extra calories. I make them almost every day along with some turkey bacon.
You have converted me. Tried this method today and it is ***THE_DEVIL approved***

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT